IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ben Gordon Tribute, Thanks for Everything. You will be missed.
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 15 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #16

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 15 2009, 09:45 PM) *
If they can move Hamilton for Boozer it works. But that requires the Jazz to take on salary beyond this year.

Considering they're already fighting with the luxury tax before matching for Millsap, that seems highly unlikely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 15 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

If I were them I'd offer Hamilton, Prince in a combo for AK47 & Boozer. We all know that the Jazz have long tried to get AK47's big contract off the books.

I think a Hamilton, Prince, Maxiell, Stuckey (and possibly a future 1st) would be good enough to snag Boozer, AK47, Brewer & Kosta Koufas.

In this trade both teams would benefit. Both teams would rid themselves of players they probably really don't want long term (Koufas probably being the only player that the Jazz really want to hold). The Jazz would re-sign Millsap and go into next year with a well rounded starting 5 and a much better well rounded bench that can score. I think their starting lineup would be one of the best in the West b/c they have an unselfish PG that can create a lot of plays for the other 4 well rounded offensive targets. The trade also give the Jazz an agressive backup PF behind Millsap. Pushing Brewer and Miles to the bench also helps round out the 2nd unit. Prince & Hamilton are big upgrades at SF & SG. And Prince did a very good job defending Kobe in the finals when the Pistons won it all.

In addition to ridding themselves of Boozer & AK47 the Jazz also save $4.5M in the deal which reduces their luxury tax amount by at least that much and gives them the opportunity to make further moves to shed more.

Okur/Fesenko
Millsap/Maxiell
Prince/Miles
Hamilton/Korver
Williams/Stuckey

For Detroit, the trade would signify the start of a new era. They would rid themselves of everyone that made up the previous championship team and with the trade Dumars would be opening up starters minutes for his two new signees. The Pistons could then try and work out a sign and trade for a real PG or could offer the MLE to someone (I think). Felton would probably be a good fit. The Pistons could start Koufas or go with Boozer most nights depending on who they play. AK47 & Charlie V would start most nights at SF/PF (both can play both positions). The Pistons secure a very nice defensive SG that can come in when BG struggles to guard the bigger SG's. The Pistons look to win now and to slowly develop Daye to replace AK47 when his contract is up in 2 years.

Boozer/Koufas/Brown
Charlie V./Daye/Summers
AK47/Daye/Summers
Gordon/Brewer
FA/Bynum

That's how the Pistons & Jazz go from playoff 1st round exits to having the opportunity to make a deep push. I really can't see a reason why either team would reject the deal (other than the fact that Summers would be the odd man out). But maybe Summers could be used in a sign and trade to bring in the PG they need.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 15 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #18

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Or the Jazz can let Millsap walk and then trade Boozer for value b/c he's

a ) a big expiring contract
b ) a very good player that would be highly sought after

They could trade him for Prince & a pick? Or Tyrus & an expiring. I'm sure the market for him will eventually open up. I personally hope the Jazz go back to starting AK47 at PF. That's when he was at his best. If they do the deal soon, they could then go out and sign Big Baby to a MLE sized deal.

Okur/Koufas
Kirilenko/Big Baby
Prince?
Brewer
Williams

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:09 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home