Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls Work Out Sean May, Maybe He Can Finally Realize His Potential
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 17 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #16

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

rather have may than gray. but i would rather have shelden williams over both of them, he has more potential.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 17 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #17

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 17 2009, 06:21 PM) *
rather have may than gray. but i would rather have shelden williams over both of them, he has more potential.

Does Sheldon Williams play basketball anymore? I haven't seen him in a game in years.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #18

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 17 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Does Sheldon Williams play basketball anymore? I haven't seen him in a game in years.

He's a FA. Played on the Kings/Wolves last year.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 18 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #19

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 17 2009, 06:21 PM) *

I'm not saying I don't want Williams but the two Williams f'ups in the draft the reason why the Hawks won't be winning titles anytime soon. They reached on both players. In 2005 it was Marvin Williams over the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul (idiots). They needed a PG yet took another forward. Then they drafted for position in 2006 and took Sheldon Williams way higher than anyone had him on their board probably b/c they thought he was the next Boozer which he obviously is not. The only thing he had was an NBA body. They took him over Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. So their first f'up directly impacted their 2nd f'up. They simply could not take Gay after having Smith, Childress, & Williams already at the SF/PF spots and they likely didn't want to take Roy b/c Joe Johnson might not have liked it.

Anyway, had they drafted right this could be their lineup today.

Horford (or Noah if they got pushed down a few spots in the 2007 draft after becoming a better team)
Smith
Gay
JJ (the real JJ)
Paul

or better yet

Horford (or Noah if they got pushed down a few spots in the 2007 draft after becoming a better team)
Smith
Childress
JJ (the real JJ)/Roy
Paul

I for sure like the balance on the first lineup but the 2nd lineup might be better b/c Roy > Gay and getting Roy at SG would have allowed them to either move Roy or JJ for almost anything they want in the league (Bosh/Amare/whatever). Then they could move Smith to the SF spot and simply be unstoppable.

Horford (or Noah)
Bosh
Smith
Roy
Paul

Are you kidding me? Can you imagine Paul throwing lobs to Smith? Roy and Bosh running the pick and roll? Silky smooth floaters from Paul? Sure they'd push luxury tax levels but for that lineup who cares. It was all possible. Unfortunately they have never figured out how to draft.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 19 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #20

6th Man

Member No.: 781

^"who they could have drafted" are moot points with me

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 21 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #21

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

May to Sacramento. Cross another one off the list.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:15 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home