Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Get Butler More Playing Time!
Bullerwinkle
post Apr 11 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,935

With the playoffs coming I think Tibbs needs to play this kid an average of 20- 30 mins a game down the stretch to rest Deng with that wrist injury. It allows Butler to get more experience on the floor.

I know the bench depth gets thinner but you have to start thinking about "what ifs"...what if Deng gets fouls trouble, or Boozer, or Gibson?

Just my thinking right now. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 16 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

It's really too late in the season to start inserting him into the rotation. If we were doing this at the All Star break then yeah.. But with Rip back it makes it really difficult to see where Butler would get any minutes. He's not going to play ahead of Korver and Brewer is going to get his backup 2 guard minutes. I think there will be times in the postseason though where Thibs will bring him in when we need a stop on defense at the end of close games. He has already started to establish himself as a really good defender in this league. He's guarded Carmelo extremely well, and gave LBJ and Wade some trouble in the limited time he's gotten.

Next year I firmly believe he will take the place of Ronnie Brewer as the defensive ace of the team. He'll be a cheaper option and we know how much Jerry likes to stay under the luxury tax.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 04:04 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home