IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Stagnant State of the Board, How to keep going until the season.
Quinarvy
post Aug 6 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

So, I assume everyone else is like me and doesn't keep too up to date on this board because it is the offseason.

A good way to keep it going I think would be to check it once a week, and post just a little bit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 7 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6 2012, 06:57 PM) *
So, I assume everyone else is like me and doesn't keep too up to date on this board because it is the offseason.

A good way to keep it going I think would be to check it once a week, and post just a little bit.

I check back usually several times a day.

The problem is...there is literally nothing new happening right now. Deng shot 35% from the field for team Great Britain and they're out. The Bulls haven't even signed Teague yet.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Aug 7 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 7 2012, 09:11 AM) *
I check back usually several times a day.

The problem is...there is literally nothing new happening right now. Deng shot 35% from the field for team Great Britain and they're out. The Bulls haven't even signed Teague yet.

Yeah, it's pretty tough right now. I check at least twice/day, but I have nothing worthy to add myself.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Aug 7 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Definitely, not much happening right now and I think there's a bit of a hangover from the Rose injury. It's not like 2006-2009 where we could just post "Tyrus Thomas" and get a 4-page thread. lolhitting.gif

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 7 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #5

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Ive got an idea how about we post bleacher report articles, theyre always so insightful!

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 8 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

This off-season sucked. Rose's leg is still hurt.

There is no optimism. Off-seasons like this make me glad I like hockey.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Aug 8 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #7

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

Yeah...I wish things would happen. I assume things will pick up when the season gets going. I'm glad the conversation from ST hasn't crept over here...it's sickening.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 8 2012, 09:50 AM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8 2012, 09:54 AM) *
Yeah...I wish things would happen. I assume things will pick up when the season gets going. I'm glad the conversation from ST hasn't crept over here...it's sickening.

I could start telling people they aren't fans to get things moving again...

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 8 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #9

12th Man

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8 2012, 08:54 AM) *

Well while RZZZAs not here I am, so my sickening optimism is still over here. I'll keep it classy over here though.

Apparently the Bulls are still looking at Donte Green, so the offseason may not be over just yet.

As far as Green goes, I read he's got potential and he had a decent year a few years ago but his percentages the last 2 years have looked turrable. If he puts it together he could be a good player, he's a 6'11" SF that could cause a matchup problem for other teams. A Hinrich-Butler-Green-Taj-Naz 2nd unit could be really tough to score on down the stretch.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 8 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 8 2012, 12:48 PM) *
Well while RZZZAs not here I am, so my sickening optimism is still over here. I'll keep it classy over here though.

Apparently the Bulls are still looking at Donte Green, so the offseason may not be over just yet.

As far as Green goes, I read he's got potential and he had a decent year a few years ago but his percentages the last 2 years have looked turrable. If he puts it together he could be a good player, he's a 6'11" SF that could cause a matchup problem for other teams. A Hinrich-Butler-Green-Taj-Naz 2nd unit could be really tough to score on down the stretch.

Do the Bulls even have a roster spot open any more? I believe I read they don't even have any of the veterans exemption money left.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 8 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 8 2012, 01:08 PM) *
Do the Bulls even have a roster spot open any more? I believe I read they don't even have any of the veterans exemption money left.

They have two. They can carry 15 guys total, 12 active for any game.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 8 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #12

12th Man

I'd much rather have the younger Donte Green who still has some upside on the active roster than Vlad Rad. If Thibs/FO thinks he can put it all together I wouldn't be opposed to trading Rip for a 2nd rounder, throw Bellinelli into the starting lineup, move Butler to the backup 2, Green to the backup 3. That'd probably get them under the luxury cap (or hard cap, whatever theyre over now) would it not?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 9 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 8 2012, 02:47 PM) *
I'd much rather have the younger Donte Green who still has some upside on the active roster than Vlad Rad. If Thibs/FO thinks he can put it all together I wouldn't be opposed to trading Rip for a 2nd rounder, throw Bellinelli into the starting lineup, move Butler to the backup 2, Green to the backup 3. That'd probably get them under the luxury cap (or hard cap, whatever theyre over now) would it not?

If someone would take on Rip's contract without giving the Bulls back too much money, I can't imagine they'd say no.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 9 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #14

All-Star

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 8 2012, 01:47 PM) *

They'd have to find a team under the cap who wanted Hamilton to make that deal work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:52 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home