Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls MVP
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Timoperezrulez
I vote Hinrich.
WHarris1
Deng smile.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Noc or Deng. I think Deng has quietly taken some big steps towards his potential while the rest of us were arguing about Tyson and Ben. Deng has really stepped his game up.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 13 2006, 06:39 PM)
Deng smile.gif

Absolutely agree.
Chisoxfn
It has to be Hinrich. He's our best defensive player (Chandler is good, but Hinrich has consisently been good all season) and he is the best at running the offense. He's been banged up most of the season, yet doesn't miss games and his shot is consistently getting better.

He's also our loan guard who can penetrate and either shoot or pass. Often times Gordon goes in and throws up stupid shots and Duhon goes in and can't hit his layup or turns it over (Duhon driving is usually really ugly). Hinrich can go in and make his shot, draw the foul or pass.

By far our best player.
Runner Up: Deng and Nocioni
Nocioni has really came on strong this season, but he isn't quite as good defensively as he was the prior year (partially because he's having to play more 4's). Deng has really improved his shot and I expect that to continue. He still has to improve on offense (in terms of passing and better understanding good and bad shots) and defensively he just needs to get a little stronger and he should be a force on that end of the court.
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 12:42 AM)
Noc or Deng. I think Deng has quietly taken some big steps towards his potential while the rest of us were arguing about Tyson and Ben. Deng has really stepped his game up.

Deng has been playing awesome of late. A few nights ago against the Clippers he had 18 boards and like 17 points. Then against the Hawks he poured in 21 on 9-16 shooting.

For the season he is up to 13.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg. His FG% is up about 3% from last year, his turnovers are down, steals are up, 3P% is up. If he keeps progressing he is gonna be a STUD.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 13 2006, 04:48 PM)
Deng has been playing awesome of late. A few nights ago against the Clippers he had 18 boards and like 17 points. Then against the Hawks he poured in 21 on 9-16 shooting.

For the season he is up to 13.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg. His FG% is up about 3% from last year, his turnovers are down, steals are up, 3P% is up. If he keeps progressing he is gonna be a STUD.

No doubt about it in my mind. Both him and Hinrich are keepers. Chandler apperas to be a keeper (plus with his contract we wouldn't get proper value even if we wanted to move him).

Gordon is on the out's and Nocioni is a really good bench player. I feel the same way about Duhon, but if another team overvalued him (and I think thats a possibility) I'd be willing to deal him. Mainly because I think Hinrich is the type of guy who can get the bulk of the PG minutes day in day out.

Harrington is just fine off the bench as is Songalia. The key is finding a starting 2 guard and a starting big men to join Chandler. We do that while keeping Noc/Songalia/Harrington/Allen and I think we'll have a very fun year next season. And if that low post player can develop into a pretty good player with Deng developing into the type of SF he can be, I think we'll have a team capable of making a lot of noise in 2-3 years (definately a playoff team next year, but not the type that would win it all).
Balta1701-B
Hinrich for now. Deng...hopefully soon.
hammerhead johnson
In order:

1) Tyson Chandler
2) Kirk Hinrich
3) Luol Deng
4) Andres Nocioni
5) Chris Duhon

But Kirk is the man. They don't call him the best white american basketball player for nothing. biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 13 2006, 08:29 PM)
In order:

1) Tyson Chandler
2) Kirk Hinrich
3) Luol Deng
4) Andres Nocioni
5) Chris Duhon

But Kirk is the man. They don't call him the best white american basketball player for nothing. biggrin.gif

I never would have guessed that you'd pick Tyson Chandler! wink.gif
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13 2006, 08:44 PM)
I never would have guessed that you'd pick Tyson Chandler! wink.gif

I like to surprise people once in a while. biggrin.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
In order:

1) Tyson Chandler
2) Kirk Hinrich
3) Luol Deng
4) Andres Nocioni
5) Chris Duhon

You call a player who didn't show up for about the first 40 games the MVP of the team? jpshakehead.gif
AbeFroman
its pretty hard to make the case for Chandler.

I like Gordon, but he really should be traded if the opportunity comes along. I went with Deng narrowly over Hinrich... just cause I think if Hinrich weren't on the team, Gordon would fill in nicely and Deng is developing some excellent all-round skills.
Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero
I gotta go with my man Ben Gordon.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero @ Mar 13 2006, 11:26 PM)
I gotta go with my man Ben Gordon.

Welcome aboard. cheers.gif Nice sig lol. Ben Gordon has had his moments but then again, he has had moments he'd rather forget.
ChWRoCk2
Definitely ben gordon, has star potential and is key part to the future
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 13 2006, 11:04 PM)
You call a player who didn't show up for about the first 40 games the MVP of the team? jpshakehead.gif

It's just like Kirk said in the interview that (seemingly) nobody else saw besides myself:

"Tyson is the team MVP without question"

And you could tell by his facial expression and the way that he said it that it's a no-brainer in his opinion. Mine too.

Yeah, he got off to a rough start, but part of the reason for why he didn't get much playing time early on is because of Skiles and his mind games. He's also a natural PF, and he had to adjust to a position that he is not really cut out for considering that he only weighs 235 pounds (average weight for a center being about 260 to 265), although he has adapted. He also just turned 23. If he was 28 or 29, then I could see why people would be ripping into him. This is nothing that we haven't discussed before.
BV1998
I gotta go with Hinrich
Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13 2006, 11:27 PM)
Welcome aboard. cheers.gif Nice sig lol. Ben Gordon has had his moments but then again, he has had moments he'd rather forget.

Yeah, i know. But he's my man, so i got to stick with him. THROUGH THICK AND THIN!! (Last years motto i think)
bulls91
In order:

1) Tyson Chandler
2) Kirk Hinrich
3) Luol Deng
4) Andres Nocioni
5) Chris Duhon

i think that it should go.

1)Nocioni- he has really steped it up this year a future all-star player i will admit it i had no idea who he was when he came but i have started to love him.
2)Luol dang- need to get better shots of but really close. also an future all-star.
3)Hinrich-cpt. Kirk needs to be a captian not inconsestant
4)Chandler- olny thing that he has going for him is rebounding and shot blocking
5)Duhon- i know him personally and he has the potental but his lower back pain is going to hold him back in this NBA carrer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.