Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyone Okay w/ this Roster?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Just wondering on what do you guys think of signing another big men....

-Antonio Davis
-Toni Kukoc

Do we need them? Should we sign them for the Veteran Minimum? You guys have anyone else in mind?

-Not much going on these days... Prolly not the best topic, but what the heck... If you read this, YOU MUST answer NOW. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
I would be happy to see us sign either of those guys, but I don't think we could offer them any more than the minimum salary to get them here.
bulls91
i was talking with AD the last monday at the bulls sox training acadamy when he came to visit with the young kids there and he said that he wanted to play for chicago bulls if the offered him a contract. his family is out here and that is the olny team the he will accept an offer from. so i think that AD would be anther good vet he sounded excited about the big men that came to the team this yearbut he also said that it will not most likely happen because he thinks that they are set already and will not need him. just a little insite from what my experiances are.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Aug 16 2006, 10:07 AM) *
i was talking with AD the last monday at the bulls sox training acadamy when he came to visit with the young kids there and he said that he wanted to play for chicago bulls if the offered him a contract. his family is out here and that is the olny team the he will accept an offer from. so i think that AD would be anther good vet he sounded excited about the big men that came to the team this yearbut he also said that it will not most likely happen because he thinks that they are set already and will not need him. just a little insite from what my experiances are.

Thats really cool that you know him. I hope Pax offers him a deal. Class act, great leader, and just a good guy to have around.
sport1016
Isn't PJ playing the AD role this year? two inches taller.....
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Aug 16 2006, 11:56 AM) *
Isn't PJ playing the AD role this year? two inches taller.....

PJ is gonna be our starting PF, yeah? AD is strictly a center at this point in his career.

The major issue here revolves around the MPG of Mike Sweetney. If you sign Antonio Davis, then PJ would be getting the vast majority of his minutes out of the PF slot with Nocioni backing him up, which means that Sweetney's MPG would be cut down to jack spiff.
Bullies4Life
Wow, we would have a lot of toughness with AD and Wallace down low in the paint.

Our team would have a lot of veteran leadership. If he can be like a player/coach out there, that would be pretty nice. And he would be insurance incase some of our big guys get injured.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Aug 16 2006, 04:50 PM) *
And he would be insurance in case some of our big guys get injured.

Yep, you can never assume perfect health.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 16 2006, 02:59 PM) *
Yep, you can never assume perfect health.

Don't we already have a roster of about 14, while the rules limit us to dressing about 12 per game? Am I wrong on that?
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 16 2006, 05:01 PM) *
Don't we already have a roster of about 14, while the rules limit us to dressing about 12 per game? Am I wrong on that?

Yeah i think ur right... I say we pick him up during the middle of the season if some1 gets injured biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 16 2006, 05:01 PM) *

So now you have 15, and you can play it like a hockey roster where you dress the 12 best match ups. I'd love it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.