Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronnie Brewer
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
we all know that for the first pick in the draft we will draft either Aldridge or Thomas that is a fact. the question is who should we pick for our second pick in the draft names have came up like Roy, williams, Redick and other names that will not be there and they are just exaderating. the one person that has come to mind that i think will fit the bulls system and is a good possiblity that is brewer read this on him and see what i mean http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=64.

What are your thoughts?
madisonsmadhouse
Unless there is some sort of miracle invovling ping pong balls, it looks like our second pick will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11th, 12th or 13th. In reality because question marks of this draft I don't see there being much difference between picking 5th and 20th this year, its going to be blind luck as to who steps up and who busts. Because of this I think you will see much more needs based drafting vs best guy available, because there won't be a big drop off to get the guy you need, vs the guy with the best talent. I guess it all depends on what the teams in front of us need.

FYI, NBAdraft.net has Brewer going at the 11th slot to Golden St, one pick ahead of the Bulls. This site does assume that EVERYONE who can declare for the draft, will do so, so Brewer could very well be gone by the time the Bulls second pick rolls around. Then again they have the Bulls taking Adam Morrison with the second pick, so take that with a grain of salt.

http://www.nbadraft.net/
Chisoxfn
Reading up on Brewer he looks pretty solid. I don't mind having another PG in this sytem because he's 6'7 and according to this is a pretty good defender with the tools to guard a shooting guard.

This could give the Bulls some options since they could eventually have 2 PG's that can play defense on the court at all times, which means they'll have some quick perimeter players who will do a good job creating offense for everyone else, while still being able to drive and penetrate and get some points for themselves.
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:08 AM)
Unless there is some sort of miracle invovling ping pong balls, it looks like our second pick will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11th, 12th or 13th. In reality because question marks of this draft I don't see there being much difference between picking 5th and 20th this year, its going to be blind luck as to who steps up and who busts. Because of this I think you will see much more needs based drafting vs best guy available, because there won't be a big drop off to get the guy you need, vs the guy with the best talent. I guess it all depends on what the teams in front of us need.

FYI, NBAdraft.net has Brewer going at the 11th slot to Golden St, one pick ahead of the Bulls. This site does assume that EVERYONE who can declare for the draft, will do so, so Brewer could very well be gone by the time the Bulls second pick rolls around. Then again they have the Bulls taking Adam Morrison with the second pick, so take that with a grain of salt.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

i have a diffrent web site that says that he will be going to the jazz http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2006it would be nice to have a SG and a PG in one player and is also tall for the position so he could play SF if we get him i will be the happiest man alive. tongue.gif
ZoomSlowik
A couple of things about Brewer...

First, he's not really a true PG. He's more of a wing player that occasionally handles the ball, more like a college version of Scottie Pippen. He doesn't really run the offense, and passing isn't one of his strengths. He averaged about 3.4 assists for his college career, so calling him a PG is a bit inaccurate.

Secondly, He is a poor shooter (outside of some decent marksmenship in a low number of attemtps from outside in his sophmore year), and he's probably not going to get much better at it. Because of an injury to his elbow as a kid, he can't shoot a normal jumpshot. Because of that his release point is a bit lower and his accuracy suffers.

Finally, he's a pretty poor defender. He gets beat regularly, and his steal numbers are high because he plays the passing lanes more than his man. He's going to get burned badly in the pros unless he changes that drastically.

He's an okay player, but he's not exactly elite. I'd much rather have Gay, Roy, or Carney. We'd probably be better off taking two big guys anyways, since we are obviously in serious need in that department.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 07:08 AM)
Unless there is some sort of miracle invovling ping pong balls, it looks like our second pick will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11th, 12th or 13th.

On that, I'm not sure. Right now, we are sitting at 31 wins. There are 2 teams at 32 wins...NOK and Philly. So It's possible we can catch one of those teams and move into 12th or 13th (we're sitting 11th right now).

But...There are also 5 teams sitting with either 30 or 29 wins (Orlando has 28). Depending on schedule quirks and which teams get hot/cold, it's entirely possible that a few of those could move past us. We could literally wind up with the 6th or 7th pick if a few teams stay hot (Orlando has won 4 in a row, the Sonics have just beaten several teams they shouldn't including the Spurs, and they're both sitting right behind us.)
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 29 2006, 03:15 PM)
On that, I'm not sure. Right now, we are sitting at 31 wins. There are 2 teams at 32 wins...NOK and Philly. So It's possible we can catch one of those teams and move into 12th or 13th (we're sitting 11th right now).

But...There are also 5 teams sitting with either 30 or 29 wins (Orlando has 28). Depending on schedule quirks and which teams get hot/cold, it's entirely possible that a few of those could move past us. We could literally wind up with the 6th or 7th pick if a few teams stay hot (Orlando has won 4 in a row, the Sonics have just beaten several teams they shouldn't including the Spurs, and they're both sitting right behind us.)

I went by winning % to balance out the differences in number of games played. That puts us at #12

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?se...ue&seasontype=2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.