Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movies
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
Chisoxfn
What are some of your guys/gals favorite movies. With this being a long off-season and us having a relatively new community I thought now would be a good time for everyone to get a little more familiar with each other (aside from the fact that we are all Bulls fans).

I think we got a nice little community going here and hopefully it will turn into a family atmosphere of sorts, kind of like another site I run (Soxtalk) turned into over time.

My favorites include Gladiator, American Pie, Star Wars (all of them pretty much), Lord of the Rings, and Back to the Future.

I'm sure I'm missing tons more that will eventually be listed.
Goldmember
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

---

^Gladiator, Man on Fire, Miracle, Bourne Identity/Supremacy, Batman Begins, Spiderman 1&2, Saving Private Ryan...

my movies...
greasywheels121
This is just from my Facebook. I like quite a few more, but yeah:

Garden State, Office Space, Rudy, Hoosiers, Field of Dreams, Ferris Bueller, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Spiderman I/II, Pirates of the Caribbean I/II, Dumb and Dumber, Anchorman, The Sandlot
Goldmember
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Aug 24 2006, 08:26 AM) *
This is just from my Facebook. I like quite a few more, but yeah:

Garden State, Office Space, Rudy, Hoosiers, Field of Dreams, Ferris Bueller, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Spiderman I/II, Pirates of the Caribbean I/II, Dumb and Dumber, Anchorman, The Sandlot

how could i forget happy, office space & the sandlot... banghead.gif

nice list. love all except anchorman... cheers.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Goldmember @ Aug 24 2006, 06:14 AM) *
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

---

^Gladiator, Man on Fire, Miracle, Bourne Identity/Supremacy, Batman Begins, Spiderman 1&2, Saving Private Ryan...

my movies...

That line has to be one of the best ever in any movie. Oh and good call on the rest of those movies...all of those are definately some of my favorites and the action scenes in Man on Fire are outstanding.
hinrich fan
Don't know why....but I NEVER and I mean EVER...get tired of watching Varsity Blues...

The Shining, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and Old School to name a few...

I also always try and catch "Entourage".
ZoomSlowik
Zoom's favorite movies:

1) Major League
2) Rounders
3) The Hustler
4) Gladiator

Everything else is well back...
Bullies4Life
Lets see here.. Here's some in no particular order...

-Lion King
-Speed
-The Rock
-Meet the Parents
-Street Fighter
-The Last Sumarai
-Gladiator
-The X-Men movies
-The Notebook

Im prolly missing some, but theres a few 4 now....
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Aug 24 2006, 04:43 PM) *
Don't know why....but I NEVER and I mean EVER...get tired of watching Varsity Blues...

The Shining, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and Old School to name a few...

I also always try and catch "Entourage".

Yes....another Entourage fan. That has to be one of the funniest shows on tv. And fast time at ridgemont high is a classic comedy.

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Aug 25 2006, 05:11 AM) *
Lets see here.. Here's some in no particular order...

-Lion King
-Speed
-The Rock
-Meet the Parents
-Street Fighter
-The Last Sumarai
-Gladiator
-The X-Men movies
-The Notebook

Im prolly missing some, but theres a few 4 now....

The Last Samuri was a darn good movie. I hate Tom Cruise but thats probably one of the best movies and acting jobs he's ever done while the Rock is one of my favorite pure action movies, just short of Gladiator obviously (I get chills during part of that movie, its just so awesome).

Oh and chicks are so going to be all of you for digging the notebook. :DBut I must admit, I saw it with a girl a while back and it was surprisingly good
SoxFan1
My Favorites (in order):

- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- Shawshank Redemption
- Batman Begins
- Major League
- Halloween (all but #3)
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 25 2006, 12:58 PM) *
My Favorites (in order):

- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- Shawshank Redemption
- Batman Begins
- Major League
- Halloween (all but #3)

How could I forget Shawsank and Batmin Begins? banghead.gif

Both are solid films.
madisonsmadhouse
Office Space, Clerks, and The South Park movie are definately way up on my list.
The Dude Abides
The Big Lebowski, Fight Club are my 2 favorites...

But there are many many movies that I would be grouped together below them.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31 2006, 12:35 PM) *
Office Space, Clerks, and The South Park movie are definately way up on my list.

Arg! How could I forget South Park. bang.gif

I love that movie, and it is clearly #5 on my list, possibly higher.
hinrich fan
Only because it happened to show up tonite while flipping the channels...on VH-1's Movies That Rock...it certainly is worth mentioning "Above The Rim"...always a classic...I remember seeing the promo for that movie in the theatre..."Some games you play....some games play you..."
madisonsmadhouse
Hoosiers>White Men Can't Jump>Above the Rim
eddog2
Man on Fire, Office Space, Old School, 40 Year Old Virgin, We Were Soldiers, Blow, Scarface, God Father II, Seven, Ray, Braveheart, Breakfast Club, Unbreakable, The Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, Snatch, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Titanic, Boondock Saints, Meet the Parents, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, The Green Mile, Schindlers List, Men of Honor, Radio, Seabiscuit, Finding Forrester, Goodwill Hunting, Saw I & II, & American History X. (to name a few)

The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, and Shrek are probably my favorite animated movies.

The Thomas Crown Affair and Almost Famous are also great movies. (that I just recently watched).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.