Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Eastern Conference NBA Team Scares You?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Hey what team is a bad matchup for the Bulls? Is there a team out there that we cant beat? What do you guys think? Is it the Defending Champs? Give us an answer and why... i think i might have to go with the Cavaliers...
GreatScott82
Yea I say the 2 biggest challanges for the Bulls will be the Heat and the Cavs. Two reasons: Dwayne and Lebron. Don't get me wrong we can definitley beat these teams. But as far as going into a 7 game series, these 2 teams will worry me the most. The Pistons, Wizards, and Magic may suprise a lot of teams this year. IMO we improved our team the most out of any other team this offseason, and if Deng and Gordon continue to get better offensively and with Hinrich and Nocioni's intense defense to go along with the Big Ben blocking any penetration, and with our bench of young guns Tyrus Thomas and Sefolosha (who can put up monster #s) and defensive minded guys like Duhon, Brown and Griffin, I like this team making it to AT LEAST the Eastern Conference Finals.
hinrich fan
I agree with da Heat & Cavs...but I'd be a little nervous looking East....at Indiana...the Pacers might be surprising a few people...nevertheless I have the utmost confidence the Bulls can make the East finals...let make us be the team that is going to instill fear in others...y'all saw my boy K-Rich when Posey(?) gave him the cheap shot in the playoffs! That's intensity!!! Throw in Ben Wallace...better have the UC ready for occupancy in June!
TeaLeafReaderII
I think the Magic... Howard and Darko get another year under there belts... the anti christ putting up rainbows...

with how hot they finished last season... they are going to be mighty dangerous this year.
Balta1701-B
There are about 6 or 7 teams which, if everything came together and people stay healthy, could do some serious damage in the East. New Jersey, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Orlando, Cleveland, Indiana. Each of them has a bunch of quesitons though:

NJ: Can they improve on last year and keep people healthy?
Miami: Can they keep Shaq and Wade healthy?
Detroit: Can they stay that healthy, and can they live without big Ben?
Chicago: Can their youth develop and mesh alongside Big Ben
Orlando: Can their youth develop fast enough, and can they get anything from Grant Hill
Cleveland: Can they get help from anyone outside of LBJ, especially on defense?
Indiana: Can Jermaine O'Neal actually play more than 1/2 a season? Can they avoid the injury bug in other players? Can they play like a team

Just like every year, injuries are going to play a big part in figuring out this conference. Injuries and the performance of youth. The only 2 teams on that list that really tried to make upgrades by adding vets are the Bulls and Indiana. Everyone else is hoping for development of young guys or hoping to tread water while other people fall back.
punkalexa
Hm... I have to think about this one. Not too sure.. I would say at the moment the Heat.
madisonsmadhouse
1.Miami
2.Cleveland
3.Detroit
4.Orlando ph34r.gif
hammerhead johnson
Don't worry about Cleveland, y'all. They have a swiss cheese defense. Their chemistry sucks. It's a one man show, all the way. First round and out.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 7 2006, 10:30 AM) *
Don't worry about Cleveland, y'all. They have a swiss cheese defense. Their chemistry sucks. It's a one man show, all the way. First round and out.

They did sweep the Bulls last season ph34r.gif
Rowand44
Miami and Detroit.
Muruk
1. Miami.
2. Detroit.
3. New Jersey.
4. Cleveland.

In my opinion there's another team we will have to scare: The Wizards have upgraded their Team with Stevenson and Songaila and could play a better season than the Cavs or Nets. But all in all our chances are really good to land a top spot in the EC. We should be happy, the WC is much stronger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.