Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Huggins at K-State...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
ZoomSlowik
Huggins really seems to be off to a flying start at Kansas State, using some underhanded tactics to bring some big time talent to the school.

Huggins and his recuiting practices

It sounds like at least 4 of these kids are going end up at K-State in the near future, and more might be on the way. This is a group that could potentially rival the Fab Five in strength, especially if any of them actually stick around for more than one year.

Yes, I stole the article from Soxtalk, but I thought it was interesting and was worth a look over here.
Chisoxfn
They will be a talented school with tons of investigations, but thats probably better than what they've been the past 10 years.
madisonsmadhouse
Bob Huggins is about as low as low can get when it comes to ethics and decency. The sad thing is paragraphs like this...

Down the road, Kansas has a history of (perceived) package deals -- from Larry Brown hiring Danny Manning's father in 1983 to Bill Self hiring Mario Chalmers' father last year.

...make it looks like this thing is more common tha we realize.

I think Huggins would make his grandma homeless if it meant getting a top recruit.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 02:41 PM)
They will be a talented school with tons of investigations, but thats probably better than what they've been the past 10 years.

Yeah, controversy and probation is more action than KState has seen in the Big 12 in years. From the looks of it, he will fit right in.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 02:44 PM)
Bob Huggins is about as low as low can get when it comes to ethics and decency.  The sad thing is paragraphs like this...

...make it looks like this thing is more common tha we realize.

I think Huggins would make his grandma homeless if it meant getting a top recruit.

The practice of hiring people close to the recruits is a lot more common than you'd think. I know that Calipari hired Dajuan Wagner's dad, and I'm sure there are a few others that I can't remember at the moment, like a bunch of AAU or high school coaches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.