Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kukoc to bulls?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Toni Kukoc is telling friends he plans to play another year, and that his choice is between the Bulls and the Bucks, with a strong leaning toward returning to his first NBA team.
-- Daily Southtown

that would be cool for him to be back on the bulls but i dont really think we need him
Pippen Aint Easy
We need big men who rebound and play defense. Kukoc does neither.
Bullies4Life
Ill take him on my team... Sure why not...
sport1016
i didnt even know we had a roster spot.........

if he is on the team....bet he is on the active roster no more than 35-40 games

that said, man would i like to see him in a bulls uniform again

the waiter serves up another trey!!!!!!!!
madisonsmadhouse
Like I have said before, the guy is a perfect fit for the Scott Skiles offense as a big man who can handle and shoot the ball from out high.
Bullies4Ever
yes... Kukoc playing alongside BWall wouldnt look too bad.. Kukoc can hit that open jumper from the perimeter and set those picks. He also has like 70 something playoff games played.. that doesnt hurt for experience... We also do weed a big guy that can hit the open jumper... hmm... when does he sign?

Its Kukoc or Davis.. which one?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Aug 31 2006, 09:58 AM) *
yes... Kukoc playing alongside BWall wouldnt look too bad.. Kukoc can hit that open jumper from the perimeter and set those picks. He also has like 70 something playoff games played.. that doesnt hurt for experience... We also do weed a big guy that can hit the open jumper... hmm... when does he sign?

Its Kukoc or Davis.. which one?

I would rather see Davis signed, as he addresses a bigger need, but Toni would be a good fit as well.
The Dude Abides
I would love to see the waiter back in chicago for his final season. He could end it where it all began. He would be a great role player to come off the bench 10-12 mins a game.
punkalexa
this is very hard.. I would take him.. but like other have said :I don't think we need him.
Serbbojo
if the spot is open and there is no one else out there that we desperately need then why not. he would be useful in critical periods of games.
truthandbasketball
Id pick him up as a mentor to the next generation of foreign Bulls players we have on the team right now. He could be like a coach on the court and an inspiration for Noc, Thabo, Khyrapa, Andriuskevicius and Luol showing them how they can all achieve the ultimate American dream in being successful professional athletes as he was and still is.

If there is another solid free agent available Id think twice but I personally think that it could work out good for both Toni and the Bulls to bring him back.
Serbbojo
i can see him being helpful to the other foreign players on our team, since he knows what its like to play outside his country
Chisoxfn
I know there was interest in getting Kukoc earlier in the year but I thought that came to an end when we signed Adrian Griffin. That said I think Kukoc is a quality vet who could give us a nice dimension but I agree with those that say he wouldn't really fill a need position (which would be a 4/5 that could defend or score or board).
truthandbasketball
Kukoc Planning To Retire After 13 Seasons

In the MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL, Gary D’Amato writes that "Toni Kukoc would have played another season in the NBA, but only on his terms. So when neither the Bucks nor Bulls expressed interest in signing him, he decided to end his career. Kukoc played 13 seasons in the NBA, including six-plus years with the Bulls and the last four with the Bucks. A native of Croatia, Kukoc was a three-time European player of the year and helped both Yugoslavia (1988) and Croatia (1992) win silver medals in the Olympic Games before signing with the Chicago Bulls in 1993, winning three consecutive NBA titles from 1995-'96 to 1997-'98."

Thanks for all the memories Toni!!!
madisonsmadhouse
Good for Toni. He gave us some awesome memories back in the second run.

cheers.gif
punkalexa
I still feel kind of bad...
Bullseye
Good for him. I would love to have his life. No job, no worries. A nice nest egg. All you have to do durring your day is sit on a chair in a beach, sipping on a martini... that is the life!
Jo Jo English
Pax... pick up the phone. Make this happen. I know that Kukoc may not win you many more games this season... but I doubt he will lose you any either. "The Waiter's" days as a key contributor are over... but I would love to see Toni come back and finish his career in a Bulls uniform.

Some of my favorite Bulls memories involve Kukoc. Beating the Bucks, Magic, and Knicks with last second shots early in his career. Serving up a great behind the back pass to Grant for a dunk on the fastbreak. The great comeback vs. the Lakers. Yes, this was the past, but I would love to be able to say goodbye.

I watched his press conference back in '93 when he signed... bring it full circle Pax.

Please.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=230707
Steve9347
QUOTE (Jo Jo English @ Sep 25 2006, 08:04 PM) *
I watched his press conference back in '93 when he signed... bring it full circle Pax.

Please.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=230707

That's such a reason... and it worked so well for Pippen.

Let him fly.
Jo Jo English
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Sep 26 2006, 08:44 AM) *
That's such a reason... and it worked so well for Pippen.

Let him fly.

Well, yeah, I think it is a reason. If there are other more productive players out there that the Bulls are looking at that can realistically improve the team, then yeah, that is who they should go after.

However, if we need to fill up a roster spot, I would get much more enjoyment out of seeing Toni Kukoc come back for a year and play limited minutes than seeing Luke Schenscher.

Also, sorry, but I did like seeing Pip come back. Yes, I know, you can't relive the glory days, but a little reminder, that doesn't sacrifice the future, can be a nice treat. I enjoyed seeing Scottie in a Bulls jersey for those few games that it actually happened.

The team is supposed to be entertaining. Having Kukoc back for a year would be a nice side story in my opinion.

Sorry you don't agree.
eddog2
I'll take any former player, any current player, or any overweight player before I'd bring Luke back to the Bulls. Plus it wouldn't be bad every now and then when we are up 25 points to see the Croation Sensation hit a three from the wing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.