Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Team USA rolls again
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/news/story?id=2565902
punkalexa
what happened against Greece? bullssmilie1.jpg
Chisoxfn
We definately got dropped. Defensively we weren't as strong but the team got jump shot happy and it cost us. Than we go out and destroy a superior team in Argentina.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 4 2006, 03:08 PM) *
We definately got dropped. Defensively we weren't as strong but the team got jump shot happy and it cost us. Than we go out and destroy a superior team in Argentina.

its the one and done format... imagine how unpredictable and crazy the nba playoffs would be if it was one and done in a neutral arena.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Sep 6 2006, 11:02 PM) *
its the one and done format... imagine how unpredictable and crazy the nba playoffs would be if it was one and done in a neutral arena.

It would be a lot more interesting than a predictable seven game series. I think the reason everyone loves the NCAAs is because of the upset possibility at all times.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7 2006, 01:39 PM) *
It would be a lot more interesting than a predictable seven game series. I think the reason everyone loves the NCAAs is because of the upset possibility at all times.

Ya, but we also know that in general the best team still gets through. In college a team could get hot, but by far and away the best team (or one of the handful of best teams) typically wins although you get some awesome stories.

The NCAA tourney owns, but I'd hate something like that in the NBA where you have superior talent and its great to see that talent matchup and make constant adjustments over the course of a 7 game series.

Thats why I love things, in college you have the ultimate attitude and heart by the players (and fans) and any team can make a miracle upset or two or make some serious noise (well anyone in the field) while in the NBA playoffs you get to see some cool battles arise and some potential rivalries arise as well and see teams battle back and forth and make adjustments.

Hell just think back to the recent NBA finals, I think everyone had the Mavs running away with things when they took the 2-0 lead and little did we know that Miami would make some serious adjustments, the Mavs would choke away a game, and well, Shaq and Wade and the rest of the Heat would be wearing rings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.