Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls go 9-5 in Nov
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
BuLLzDoMaIn
The new and improved Chicago Bulls open up the season with 9 out of 14 games on the road, including a massive seven-game road trip.

Tues 31 @ Miami
Ben Wallace, Ty Thomas, P.J. Brown and Thabo Sefolosha make their Chicago debut against the World Champion Miami Heat on national television as the NBA officially kicks off the 2006-2007 season. The Heat get their rings against a Chicago team that took them to six games in the first round of the playoffs. The addition of Wallace and Thomas push the Bulls over the top as the Heat have a let down on their big night.

Win.

Wed 1 @ Orlando
After their win in Miami, they stay in Florida and visit the Magic, who finished the 2005-2006 season as one of the hottest teams in the NBA. Second games of back-to-backs will be much tougher to win in March than they are in November.

Win.

Fri 3 Sacramento
Former Bull Ron Artest returns to the United Center in purple. The Kings swept the Bulls last season, with a 98-80 win in Sacramento and a 105-101 win in Chicago. The home debut of a high-prized free agent and the #2 overall draft selection will have the United Center going insane, but similar to the Bulls victory at Miami, the Kings will follow suit and spoil the night.

Loss.

Mon 6 Milwaukee
The Bucks took the season series versus the Bulls last year, 3 games to 1, and they too have improved their frontline over the summer by dealing for Charlie Villanueva. Following the loss versus the Kings, the Bulls should bounce back here because of their superior depth.

Win.

Thu 9 @ Cleveland
The Cavaliers swept the Bulls last season in the four games they played. They won’t do the same this season, but win one won’t happen here on the road.

Loss.

Sat 11 Indiana
The Pacers and Bulls split the season series last year and both teams come into the new season with an extraordinary amount of depth and questions about how their coaches will utilize the talent will only just be starting to get answered. Both these clubs project to be in the top four or five in the Eastern Conference, but the Bulls win this one on their home floor before heading out on that extended road trip.

Win.

Tues 14 @ Dallas
Game one of the Texas Triangle starts against the Western Conference champions. Dallas swept the Bulls last season, but we’ll see Thomas get to defend Dirk Nowitzki in this game, who could become his worst nightmare if these two clubs ever meet in the Finals, especially considering he’ll also be seeing a healthy dose of Nocioni. Dirk will have to be the one to adjust, as the Bulls take this one.

Win.

Thu 16 @ Houston
The Rockets and Bulls played two tightly contested games last season, with one win apiece. This team that John Paxson has assembled should really do well against teams like Houston that have a very thin bench. The addition of Shane Battier will be more effective against teams with a single dominant scorer at the shooting guard or small forward positions and since the Bulls clearly don’t have a dominant scorer, the effect should be negated.

Win.

Fri 17 @ San Antonio
Sweeping the Texas Triangle is very difficult for any team to do, but depending on the status of Tony Parker, this game is instantly more winnable or losable. Let’s say he plays.

Loss.

Sun 19 @ Los Angeles Lakers
If the Bulls do expect to be an elite team, which based off this forecast, their record indicates they will, they must beat teams like the Lakers, even on the road.

Win.

Tue 21 @ Denver
The Nuggets have a deep frontline and a pure scorer in Carmelo Anthony, which will be problematic as the Western part of the road trip comes to an end.

Loss.

Fri 24 @ Philadelphia
If the situation in Philadelphia is as dire as Billy King seemed to make while trying to trade Allen Iverson throughout the summer, then this should be a probable win. The lack of quality frontcourt play from the Sixers is the true difference between these two teams.

Win.

Sat 25 @ New York
The Bulls head up the turnpike to meet Chicago East, with Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry playing their former team in the front end of a home-and-home. Despite their miserable season, the Knicks actually played the Bulls tough last year and pull out a surprise win here, as this is round one in the Greg Oden Bowl.

Loss.

Tue 28 New York
Chicago won’t lose back-to-back games to the Knicks; enough said.

Win.

If the Bulls can come away, as predicted here, with a 9-5 record, the braintrust would have to be very happy with the result. The massive seven-game road trip has potential disaster written all over it if they stumble and have difficulty adjusting to the new personnel.

i dont think the Knicks will beat us at all this season...
ZoomSlowik
Man, that is a nasty early schedule. There are quite a few dangerous teams in there. It could definitely be a rough month if they aren't on top of their game early, though it gets easier after that nasty trio of games in Texas. 8 or 9 wins sounds about right though, with several of them coming late in that stretch.
Bullseye
I see us going at least 10-5 in the first month.
madisonsmadhouse
I could see them starting off under .500 pretty easily in that month. Heck they could be 0-2 out of the gate pretty easily. Both Miami and Orlando give the Bulls match up problems, plus it looks like both games are on the road.
Balta1701-B
I don't think anyone has a clue how good this team will be this season. They could struggle out of the gate if they have difficulty integrating Big Ben, or they could come out with the same fire we saw against the Heat in the playoffs and then realize pretty quickly that no one can score on them.

I can't figure out any logical way to predict to start the season how good or bad this team will be. We'll find out.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Sep 18 2006, 05:39 PM) *
I don't think anyone has a clue how good this team will be this season. They could struggle out of the gate if they have difficulty integrating Big Ben, or they could come out with the same fire we saw against the Heat in the playoffs and then realize pretty quickly that no one can score on them.

I can't figure out any logical way to predict to start the season how good or bad this team will be. We'll find out.

Well sure, but then what would we talk about until the pre-season? tongue.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19 2006, 06:52 AM) *
Well sure, but then what would we talk about until the pre-season? tongue.gif

That 15th roster spot, and whether or not we can get Kobe Bryant to fill it.

I understand the discussion, I just think it's beyond my capacity to predict.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.