Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Page
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
TalkBulls.com Front Page
TalkBulls.com continues in its attempt to improve the site by launching our very first news oriented front page. We hope this becomes a one stop shop for Chicago Bulls fans. News articles and commentaries by our writers can be found on the site along with articles from the tribune and suntimes.

We plan to eventually add a Chicago Bulls podcast to the repetoire as well as anything else you guys suggest.

With the front page in development I wanted to take a little time to ask if anyone was interested in writing stories for a developing website that should continue to grow. cheers.gif

TalkBulls.com Front Page
The Arteest
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 06:01 PM)
The Front Page (news page) should be ready by this weekend and I was going to see if anyone would be interested in writing stories for the site. If you are we'd definately appreciate it.

This site should really grow and having articles and fresh content will be a big way to help market the site to new members.

The front page is our first step in what we hope will be a consistent improvement of this site into one of the biggest independent Bulls sites on the web.

How do you put up a front page??
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 06:01 PM)
The Front Page (news page) should be ready by this weekend and I was going to see if anyone would be interested in writing stories for the site. If you are we'd definately appreciate it.

This site should really grow and having articles and fresh content will be a big way to help market the site to new members.

The front page is our first step in what we hope will be a consistent improvement of this site into one of the biggest independent Bulls sites on the web.

ILL DO IT!! How? and when do I start?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 04:08 PM)
ILL DO IT!! How? and when do I start?

Email me your pieces at jason@futuresox.com (or PM me if you lose my email addy). The front page will be up as soon as I have some original content for it (ie stories).

So if you want to maybe write a draft preview. Maybe talk about some of the different options (or have a weekly piece where you talk about one draft option at a time.

Maybe the first piece talks about our needs and than after that you identify a new player each week to discuss?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Arteest @ Mar 29 2006, 04:06 PM)
How do you put up a front page??

I use php coding to create it as well as a php program. It'll be up this weekend (could actually be up sooner, but I don't want to rush it).

It will look much like this www.soxtalk.com
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 06:13 PM)
Email me your pieces at jason@futuresox.com (or PM me if you lose my email addy). The front page will be up as soon as I have some original content for it (ie stories).

So if you want to maybe write a draft preview. Maybe talk about some of the different options (or have a weekly piece where you talk about one draft option at a time.

Maybe the first piece talks about our needs and than after that you identify a new player each week to discuss?

Nice Ill start writing it up now!!
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 04:18 PM)

Excellent, looking forward to reading it.
The Arteest
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 06:13 PM)

What php code did you use and where do I insert it?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Arteest @ Mar 29 2006, 04:21 PM)
What php code did you use and where do I insert it?

Its seperate from invision and is a pretty long/complicated process. But if your interested in setting one up check out phpnuke.org (I think thats it).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 06:18 PM)

Try to be as objective as possible.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 29 2006, 07:56 PM)
Try to be as objective as possible.

Dont worry Ill take my time, Ill be done maybe by Friday.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 07:53 PM)
Dont worry Ill take my time, Ill be done maybe by Friday.

Sounds great. Looking forward to it Gladiator.
ZoomSlowik
I'll be happy to contribute stuff to this site too, although I really should have submitted more than one article by now. bang.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 29 2006, 09:09 PM)
I'll be happy to contribute stuff to this site too, although I really should have submitted more than one article by now. bang.gif

SWEET headbang.gif
Kogs35
keep up the great work guys cheers.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Very good job Jason cheers.gif
Chisoxfn
Forum has now been prettied up. smile.gif
SoxFan1
Love the buttons. Flipping awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.