Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bulls will win championship
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...nnix/index.html
this was a really good article, i hope its true! cheers.gif
hinrich fan
I agree with that article...they have the pieces to do it...and yes...Thank you...Hinrich has had to shoulder much too much...now he can flourish into one of the premier point guards in the NBA!
madisonsmadhouse
Let me be the first to say this... not a chance. The Bulls will be much better this year, but a title? No way. They don't have enough size and scoring upfront to win it all. They need better balanced scoring, and they don't quite have it. They also still don't have a guy who can take over a game scoring-wise. Ben is the closest, and even he still disappears for stretches when the game is on the line.
Goldmember
first, your subtitle is misleading. chris mannix of SI says it, not the whole of SI...

as to the article, i agree more with mike here than i do this guy. we've got a more legitimate shot for the title, yes, but a done deal? no way. we still have a piece or two of the puzzle missing...
Steve9347
[/drool.]
bulls91
read this "Under Skiles, Chicago has become a defensive juggernaut (opponents shot a league-low 42.6 percent from the field last season)" They are a defensive team they are not a offensive team, they do not need a player to get the ball the whole time and make 30-40 points a game they have team work and that is what paxson has built this team on is how they play together. If they allow 70 points the other team will be lucky, and if they score 80-90 points a game as a team that is all they need to win and they are capable of doing that. Have faith in what paxson is trying to build it will be a good team and will win lots of games.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22 2006, 08:30 AM) *
Let me be the first to say this... not a chance. The Bulls will be much better this year, but a title? No way.

Slight chance. Well, a very small chance, really. I can't go into the season thinking we have a zero chance in the current NBA. That would be no fun. Lots of things would have to go our way, and our guys would really have to step up, with lots of our young guys taking that next step, but I gotta at least give us a chance...Although I will say that we're getting way too much hype...
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22 2006, 08:30 AM) *
Let me be the first to say this... not a chance. The Bulls will be much better this year, but a title? No way. They don't have enough size and scoring upfront to win it all. They need better balanced scoring, and they don't quite have it. They also still don't have a guy who can take over a game scoring-wise. Ben is the closest, and even he still disappears for stretches when the game is on the line.

While it is highly unlikely, I don't buy that it is impossible with the way this team will play D, anything can happen in the playoffs.
Chi-town23-33
The Bulls have a chance to win the title next year, but that chance is very small. In the East you have to look for the Heat to come out again, and in the west it could be Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio or a dark horse team in Houston.

The 2007 off-season is what is going to deliver this team a championship. If the Bulls could land a Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Spencer Hawes or Hasheem Thabeet (I think this kid will be very good, if raw now) in the draft and add some valuable free agents or make a few trades that's when the Bulls will turn into favorites.
punkalexa
I also agree the Bulls can't win a title this year. I mean I hope they do and if they do it will be great! But I think we should first see how they play in the first few games. bullssmilie1.jpg
Bullseye
bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif
Rowand44
Not happening.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ Sep 23 2006, 12:40 PM) *
The Bulls have a chance to win the title next year, but that chance is very small. In the East you have to look for the Heat to come out again, and in the west it could be Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio or a dark horse team in Houston.

The 2007 off-season is what is going to deliver this team a championship. If the Bulls could land a Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Spencer Hawes or Hasheem Thabeet (I think this kid will be very good, if raw now) in the draft and add some valuable free agents or make a few trades that's when the Bulls will turn into favorites.

Good post, and it gets right to the heart of what the Bulls are missing. They are short a dominant scorer, and more specifically a guy who can fill it up on the front line. The Bulls are literally a player away IMO, but that player is a guy who can go out and get you 25 and 10 on a given night. The rest of the team is built well, plays defense, is deep, and gets the defensive concept. If you add an Oden to the Bulls next year, this is a 65 win team.
DrunkBomber
Good read. The offseason moves seem to be exactly what the team was lacking. COntrolling the paint would make this team elite and they will be contenders immediately
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.