Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Robinson vs. Tim Duncan
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chi-town23-33
Seeing as the Malone/Duncan thread provided for some interesting discussion, I opted to start another one also involving the Big Fundamental. This time I'm putting him up against his teamate, The Admiral also known as David Robinson.

Tim Duncan: 2 MVPs, 3 Championships, 3 Finals MVPs, 8-time NBA All-Star, 9-time All-NBA, 9-time All-NBA Defense, NBA ROY

David Robinson: 1 MVP, 2 Championships, 10-time NBA-All Star, 10-time All-NBA, 8-time All-NBA Defense, NBA ROY, NBA DPOY

What do you think of these two?
ZoomSlowik
Wow, that one's a tough call. I think Robinson was better in his prime (ie before Duncan got there), but Duncan has been more consistent. I'd say Robinson was a little better offensively, while I'd give Duncan a slight edge as rebounder. Defense is kind of similar, Robinson was a shot-blocking force early in his career.

That one is basically a toss-up in my opinion.
madisonsmadhouse
Robinson proved more as he wasn't surrounded with the talent that Duncan has had around him during his entire stay in SA. I would have to go with the Admiral here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.