Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy with Hinrich...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
hinrich fan
Dime Magazine did a do-over of the 2003 draft...and I don't know 'bout the rest of ya...but I'm happy as hell Kirk is with da Bulls!!! If nothing else we can really get some chit-chat going on this thang...cuz I think Detroit has to have regretted not taking Melo.

http://www.dimemag.com/feature.asp?id=2536
SleepyWhiteSox
Is this thing like a wannabe Slam magazine?
hinrich fan
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 26 2006, 10:57 PM) *
Is this thing like a wannabe Slam magazine?

Something like that...occasionally a good article or two pops up...with this do-over draft...must've been a slow day for them.
Pippen Aint Easy
As a Suns fan also, I am EXTREMELY glad this do-over draft didn't happen this way.
madisonsmadhouse
It would have been interesting to see how history would have played out if the Bulls had not had the injury to Jay Williams and looked at drafting someone like Chris Kaman or Josh Howard instead. (I know Kaman was already off of the board, just sayin')
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27 2006, 02:15 PM) *
It would have been interesting to see how history would have played out if the Bulls had not had the injury to Jay Williams and looked at drafting someone like Chris Kaman or Josh Howard instead. (I know Kaman was already off of the board, just sayin')

Well, that changed the entire course of the franchise. It'd be really hard to predict how things would have turned out.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27 2006, 12:15 PM) *

Well...a lot of that depends on how good Williams would have been. The big question is what it would have done to our 2004 draft. Would Phoenix have given up the 7th pick if they thought we had a chance to be a playoff team that year? Of course not. Would we have drafted 3rd? If Williams had a better season that year than we got from Hinrich, it could have added up to more wins, and thus cost us both Deng and Gordon, or at least 1 of the 2.
eddog2
I liked J. Will but I like Hinrich better. Plus your right, we likely wouldn't have got Deng and Gordon. I like the make-up of the current team and I think things worked out just fine for us.

The team that definately should have redone everything over was Detroit. Can you imagine them having Melo/Wayde. They would also be better this year if they would have kept Darko and Arroyo. They thought Wallace wouldn't leave. They thought wrong. Go Bulls!
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Sep 27 2006, 06:00 PM) *
I liked J. Will but I like Hinrich better. Plus your right, we likely wouldn't have got Deng and Gordon. I like the make-up of the current team and I think things worked out just fine for us.

The team that definately should have redone everything over was Detroit. Can you imagine them having Melo/Wayde. They would also be better this year if they would have kept Darko and Arroyo. They thought Wallace wouldn't leave. They thought wrong. Go Bulls!

Yeah, the Pistons have to be kicking themselves for trading Darko now... the path for him to start, or at least play huge minutes was wide open, instead they spent a lot of money on a mediocre center.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.