Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls Power Ranking...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
hinrich fan
The Boys are up to #6 in the ESPN Power Rankings...check it out...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking...007&week=-1
Brian
Good comment. Shows someone actually was watching the Bulls before making a comment.

"Skeptics will say Bulls haven't even won a playoff series yet. My counter: Chicago played Miami tougher than anyone in the East and just added Ben, P.J. and more. "
eddog2
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 2 2006, 10:03 AM) *
Good comment. Shows someone actually was watching the Bulls before making a comment.

"Skeptics will say Bulls haven't even won a playoff series yet. My counter: Chicago played Miami tougher than anyone in the East and just added Ben, P.J. and more. "

That's right. They have also made the playoffs in back to back seasons. They played both series pretty well. Even without Wallace I think this year they would have gotten over the hump and made the second round.

But the fact is that they have Wallace. They added another great vet in P.J. They added Thabo (which SG was their 2nd biggest weakness) and they added athleticism. All their additions play solid if not great defense which should add to the best defensive field goal percentage and make them an all around better defensive team.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 2 2006, 01:38 PM) *
That's right. They have also made the playoffs in back to back seasons. They played both series pretty well. Even without Wallace I think this year they would have gotten over the hump and made the second round.

But the fact is that they have Wallace. They added another great vet in P.J. They added Thabo (which SG was their 2nd biggest weakness) and they added athleticism. All their additions play solid if not great defense which should add to the best defensive field goal percentage and make them an all around better defensive team.

And can you imagine how good we'll be if Tyrus Thomas can contribute a little bit? Halloween can't get here soon enough.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 2 2006, 01:38 PM) *

These Bulls are ready to run.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 2 2006, 11:38 AM) *

And...perhaps MOST importantly...their kids got another year under their belts.
TeaLeafReaderII
My Bulls power rankings:

1.) Ben Wallace: Earned a fat contract, grew a phat fro... 'nough said

2.) Kirk Hinrich: Any time Coangelo goes out of his way to put you on his team, you know you are doing alright. Paxson hasn't cut him a check, yet... anybody else sweating?

3.) Andres Nocioni: Strong showing for Argentina at worlds, strong showing for Bulls during playoffs. This guy thrives in big situations.

4.) Ben Gordon: When he is hot, is there a better shooter in the league?

5.) Luol Deng: Definitely the player with the most upside, but Skiles didn't seem to trust him in big spots last year. Does it change in 2007?

7.) Michael Sweetney: Only player with a post move last year. I really like his girth... if he works on his conditioning, he could really beat guys up in the paint. Provided he gets some minutes, and doesn't eat his way out of the league, I see big things for him this year.

6.) P. J. Brown: Provides much needed size and veteran leadership. Too bad he is clearly on the decline.

7.) Chris Duhon: Very hard worker and has improved every year with the Bulls. Great back up pg. His back is a question mark, though. I would probably rank him higher if he wasn't a dukie.

8.) Thabo Selfosha: Most NBA ready of the rooks. Provides length, good defense, and can play both guard spots. Was one of the best players on the floor in the Orlando Summer league for the 2 games he played.

9.) Malik Allen: Emerged last year with the injury to Songalia. But between PJ, Nocioni, Tyrus, Sweetney, and Khryapa I expect to see his minutes/game dramatically decrease.

10.) Tyrus Thomas: Don't see many guys who jump as well as he does. If he sees the floor this season expect to see some spectacular dunks and blocks.

11.) Adrian Griffen: Solid role player. Probably won't see the floor much. huh.gif

12.) Victor Khryapa: Hasn't done much in his short career, but Pax and Skiles like him... maybe a change of scenery will help him.

13.) Martynas Andriuskevicius: Very tall, very young, but very raw. Play by play announcers everywhere are terrified he might make the active roster and see the floor.

14.) Luke Schensure: Where would Chicago be without out a token 7' Australian?

15.) ??????????: Lucky to make the team.
ChitownMan
Worst part is that the columnist ranks Detroit ahead of the Bulls and yet that team is in for one helluva fall this season. In the East it is definitely Miami until we knock them off and Da' Bulls second. Looking forward to one of the best Bulls seasons since the season ended in June of 1998. bullssmilie1.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.