Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wallace working on them freethrows
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
After practice Tuesday, I watched as Wallace practiced foul shots with Brown rebounding for him. After watching Wallace fall back on his heels two or three times, Brown walked over to him and implored him to finish on the tips of his toes. Wallace heeded his advice and knocked down his next six free throws. If it had been Chandler trying to dispense free-throw advice, Wallace -- a career 42 percent free-throw shooter who plummeted to 27 percent in last season's playoffs -- would have laughed him off.

this is from espn insider, i also read on si.com that skiles was helping him too.
Steve9347
and it will all equate to him not being good at free throws.

he is what he is, an EXCELLENT defender, who doesnt score and shoots free throws worse than Shaq... the sooner we all accept that, the sooner we will all love Ben Wallace for who he is and what he CAN do on the court.
ZoomSlowik
There's a HUGE difference between making free throws in practice and making them during a game. You have the chance to get in a rythm in practice and you don't have to worry about fatigue or pressure. There's also a smaller sample size during a game, if you miss your first 2 you need to make the next four just to get back to 66%.

I'm also sure that this isn't the first time he's gotten help or advice on free throws, that has been a problem his entire career.
hammerhead johnson
Hey, if teams want to play hack-a-Ben, that will result in more free throw opportunities for Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Nocioni, etc. I love it when teams voluntarily get themselves into foul trouble.
Serbbojo
nothing wrong with him practicing free throws, his percentage could go up a bit. Ive seen chandler have season where he shot 80% one year and 50% the other year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Ben Wallace is the best free throw shooter in the game.
RME JICO
Practice definitely helps. He is a lifetime 42% FT shooter. If he could raise his average to something like 60% which is still pretty bad, he would average almost an extra pt per game. That might not seem like a lot, but 70+ extra points a year could add one or two wins on for the team.
soxfan101
Supposedly at Piston practices he could sink free throws without a problem, but than we all know during gametime it was god awful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.