Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls looking at Magette?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pippen Aint Easy
Sam Smith

Gawd I hope not. Deng's going to be a MUCH better all around player in upcoming years then Maggette.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Pippen Aint Easy @ Oct 9 2006, 03:33 PM) *
Sam Smith

Gawd I hope not. Deng's going to be a MUCH better all around player in upcoming years then Maggette.

Yeah, I saw this this morning, and NO, they're not.

Good to see sam smith in mid-season form with his incredibly horrible trade ideas...
hinrich fan
Sam Smith

That is why Pax is the GM...and Sammy is just throwing his two cents in...however, in this case I don't even know if two cents is appropriate.
Serbbojo
thats retarded, Deng has the ability to be a 20pt per game kinda player. He hasnt had an offseason to work on his game, becuz of his wrist so i expect him to be much better this year
Wanne
This is what pisses me off about Sam Smith. If he doesn't have anything constructive to write about...he starts pulling these baseless trade scenerios outta his ass. Deng's not going anywhere.
Chisoxfn
As usual, just another awful idea from Sam Smith. I'm a big Maggette fan but no way am I trading Deng, Sweets and someone that makes money for Corey.

If we are going to make a move, it should be to acquire a low post scorer, not a SF.
hammerhead johnson
I'm not even gonna bother reading the article, but the thinking here must revolve around Maggette's knack for getting to the free throw line.

Your game plan on offense should revolve around getting important big men on opposing teams into foul trouble. We don't have anybody who can penetrate and get to the line consistently on our current roster. Hell, we don't even have a big man who can get opposing teams into foul trouble, but I'll save that for another thread.

A Corey Maggette acquisition would make sense in the big picture, but yeah, we shouldn't have to acquire someone like that at Luol Deng's expense.

Why can't they be interested in Ben Gordon? sad.gif biggrin.gif

Because good ol' Ben just flat out sucks at getting to the line out of the SG slot. Such a shame.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Oct 9 2006, 07:04 PM) *
I'm not even gonna bother reading the article, but the thinking here must revolve around Maggette's knack for getting to the free throw line.

Your game plan on offense should revolve around getting important big men on opposing teams into foul trouble. We don't have anybody who can penetrate and get to the line consistently on our current roster. Hell, we don't even have a big man who can get opposing teams into foul trouble, but I'll save that for another thread.

A Corey Maggette acquisition would make sense in the big picture, but yeah, we shouldn't have to acquire someone like that at Luol Deng's expense.

Why can't they be interested in Ben Gordon? sad.gif biggrin.gif

Because good ol' Ben just flat out sucks at getting to the line out of the SG slot. Such a shame.

Everything I have heard and read and seen says that BG has been working on his handles and getting to be basket. We'll see come Wednesday.

As far as this stupid rumor, well, it's just that...stupid.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 9 2006, 05:59 PM) *
If we are going to make a move, it should be to acquire a low post scorer, not a SF.

I'm thinking that they'd throw him in at SG. At 6'6 and 225 pounds, he's not too big for that slot. He's a defensive liability, of course, but he can get to the free throw line, and then some.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 9 2006, 05:59 PM) *
As usual, just another awful idea from Sam Smith. I'm a big Maggette fan but no way am I trading Deng, Sweets and someone that makes money for Corey.

ditto.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 9 2006, 07:07 PM) *
Everything I have heard and read and seen says that BG has been working on his handles and getting to be basket. We'll see come Wednesday.

He's been dribbling his whole life, though.

And when small combo guards get to the NBA, dribbling is one of the attributes that is almost always a finished product.

I will never be in Ben Gordon's corner because he is fundamentally retarded. He's kind of like the Bulls version of Scott Podsednik.
Brian
Please don't do it PAX!!! Loul has a mid range jumper that I love and is a lost art in the NBA.
Steve9347
Sam Smith

Sam Smith is the king of unreported, BS, pulled out of his ass trades... don't worry, there is no merit behind this, just his wishes.
madisonsmadhouse
I don't know why everyone gets so excited about Sam Smith trade ideas. The guy even saids they are HIS ideas, not even a rumor. You might as well be flipping out about some trade a guy made on his Yahoo fantasy basketball league.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10 2006, 08:45 AM) *
I don't know why everyone gets so excited about Sam Smith trade ideas. The guy even saids they are HIS ideas, not even a rumor. You might as well be flipping out about some trade a guy made on his Yahoo fantasy basketball league.

Well, the problem with a guy like Smith is that as far as I knew, there have been rumors for years about the organization using him as a mouthpiece, to leak stuff or say stuff to try to either test the waters for something or to make the organization's decisions look better. Which is why I worry when I see him write something so stupid...maybe someone up the list is dropping this on him as a trial nugget.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 10 2006, 11:10 AM) *
Well, the problem with a guy like Smith is that as far as I knew, there have been rumors for years about the organization using him as a mouthpiece, to leak stuff or say stuff to try to either test the waters for something or to make the organization's decisions look better. Which is why I worry when I see him write something so stupid...maybe someone up the list is dropping this on him as a trial nugget.

well, you could have nixed any of these ideas a long while ago, the last thousand things he has "wished for" did not ever happen.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 10 2006, 11:10 AM) *

I seriously don't remember anything he has ever said actually happening.
eddog2
There is no merit to his talk but if the Bulls were going to trade one or more of their key 4 players who would/should it be and for whom?

Everyone agrees we need a low post scorer. Who would be the right fit? Or do we simply hold all are pieces together and hope that Tyrus becomes a low post scorer or go after one in the draft. Do we win a title quicker by getting a low post scorer for either Deng or Nocioni or do we win one quicker by getting rid of either guy and bringing in a true low post scorer?

It is hard to say. I have a feeling the SF spot is going to get ugly this year with both Deng and Nocioni as legitimate starters. I think by the end of the year one of them will be gone unless Nocioni is plugged in at PF for a majority of his minutes. Nocioni wants to impress during his contract year.

Who is out there worth getting? Is it worth it to bring in an all-star big man and pay another huge salary?

These are probably all questions that will have to be addressed at the trade deadline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.