Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TalkBulls Fantasy Basketball Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
ZoomSlowik
This is the official thread to discuss results and rosters, talk trash, and discuss trades if you so desire.

I'll kick things off with some draft talk. I'm pretty happy with my team. I managed to draft a lot of solid players and I have good balance. My only concerns are turnovers (I think I went a little nuts with Pierce, Parker and Miller) and inside depth until Wallace gets center eligibility (which I am assuming he will).

Out of the other teams, I like what DBaho and Willie did. DBaho has some serious firepower on the perimeter and kept his turnovers managable. If he can hold his own inside he'll contend for a title. Willie basically got 3 first-round caliber talents with KG, T-Mac and Jermaine. If those guys stay healthy and Baron does less harm than good he's got a nice team.
SoxFan1
Luck Schenscher is on my team. Winning is guaranteed.
DBAH0
Yeah I was pleasantly suprised with my draft, although I wasn't there, my pre rankings worked pretty well.

I've been doing 2 drafts on another site, where you pick each player in a thread over say 2 weeks, it's actually pretty cool to do, so I've sort of know which guys I want at certain positions and spots etc.

I've got some trade offers out there, would like to upgrade in the middle.
Brian
QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Oct 10 2006, 06:33 AM) *
Yeah I was pleasantly suprised with my draft, although I wasn't there, my pre rankings worked pretty well.

I've been doing 2 drafts on another site, where you pick each player in a thread over say 2 weeks, it's actually pretty cool to do, so I've sort of know which guys I want at certain positions and spots etc.

I've got some trade offers out there, would like to upgrade in the middle.

I was gonna offer my 1st round pick and a case of Fosters for Lebron, but you weren't there.
Bullies4Ever
Anybody else satisfied with their team? People kept taking my sleeper picks, Which means we should have a pretty good tournament, seemed like people had done fantasy drafts before.

I feel like I had an ok draft, it could have been better, but it could have gone worse, so I cant complain. Good luck to everyone here. cool.gif
Chi-town23-33
Wow, that was a lot of fun.

Being this was my first fantasy draft in any sport, I didn't know what to expect. The selection process threw me off a bit because I saw my self as third in the first round, but I didn't know that I would be picking tenth in the second. Next time I'll hope for a position towards the middle, you get more talent that way.

I got one of my top three-picks in Wade, who I think will be much better this year if his three point shot is there like it was in the playoffs. Maybe not the scoring of LeBron or Kobe, but high twenties with an efficient percentage.

The rest of my roster I like alright, but I seriously had to think on my feet because every one of my sleeper picks (except Darko) was taken. I was just sitting at my screen going Damn!, Damn! Damn! nonstop. biggrin.gif

I'm looking to make some trades with some other people to get some more balance, because I am sorely lacking in the paint. I've sent some of you some on Yahoo if you check. Should I keep doing that, or just post any possible trades here?
WHarris1
DBAH0 threw me off with his pick of Deron...booooo

I like what Zoom and Hammer did. Really like guys like Roy, AI2, Josh Howard and Dwight. And for Zoom Okafor and Kristic should be one of the better C pairs, plus he got Marion for a steal.
SoxFan1
I'm pretty pissed I totally disregarded Pau Gasol's injury.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 10 2006, 05:47 PM) *
DBAH0 threw me off with his pick of Deron...booooo

I'm still kind of pissed off about that too. He was ranked #158 overall, so I figured that I'd be able to swoop in and snatch him up. In retrospect, maybe I should have grabbed him with my 8th pick, as opposed to taking Sam Cassell.

I have a thing for point guards. This was the rotation that I had in mind:

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Mo Williams
Jarrett Jack

But instead:

Sam Cassell
Mo Williams
Jarrett Jack
Jamaal Tinsley

And Brandon Roy isn't a PG, although he is eligible out of that slot.
SleepyWhiteSox
hammerhead probably has the best defensive team. sleep.gif
Bullies4Life
Overall, Im pretty pleased with our team... I think we should be one of the Elite Teams for sure if Curry and Chandler stay healthy for most of the season. Hehehe...

The only thing that scares me is our blocks... But its all good... Im expecting Eddy Curry to finally have his break-out year, and be the defensive player of the year. headbang.gif And i also think that this will be a competive league... I saw some pretty good teams out there. I dont expect any1 to dominate, but it should be a good one bullssmilie1.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.