Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Sonics in Kansas!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
bullssmilie1.jpg
sport1016
obviously its just an exhibition and the final score doesn't mean anything...

But here is a good early test for our starting five against theirs. Here is a team that has a really talented starting lineup featuring two all-stars. This is the kind of team the last few years we play tight and hopefully pull out the win in a close one.

But, if we are going to be as good as think. we ought to show that any team that's not in the top of their conference isn't anywhere near our class. It's a chance to show that there is a lot more distance between us and average than there was last year.

Hopefully, we do just that.
hinrich fan
It's also a chance for Kirk to come back to the great Allen Fieldhouse, and compete against his ex-KU Baller, and fellow Iowan Nick Collison...they'll be no Rock Chalk Jayhawk...this is the Bulls baby!

Anyone know is this WGN (Chicago only) or a Superstation broadcast???...and yes there's a difference.

Nevertheless...GO BULLS!
Bullies4Life
Player of the game... Ben Gordon. Go Bullz! bullssmilie1.jpg
SoxFan1
Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Brown, and Wallace on the court right now. We'll be seeing this rotation a lot. They're playing well together.
SoxFan1
Khryapa has been a pleasant surprise.
SoxFan1
LMAO. Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha saving the day for the Bulls so far.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Damnit i missed it!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 04:13 PM) *
Damnit i missed it!

It was actually pretty good for a pre-season game. Thomas hit a 20 footer with seconds left to tie it and send it into OT and then he, Khryapa, and Barrett took over.

From what I saw, Ben Wallace is everything we expected overall, but he has the ability to do some damage offensively. Tyrus Thomas has really improved since the Summer League. He dribbles better than Ben Gordon lol. Khryapa has a very nice jumper, and those who compared him to Songaila hit the nail on the head. Sefolosha had a nice game too, played some nice D and made some plays on offense, driving to the lane, making smart plays.

This Bulls team is deep.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Can anybody post some stats? The stupid Box score wont work for me
Michael Jordan
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 04:24 PM) *
Can anybody post some stats? The stupid Box score wont work for me

Leading scorers
Seattle:

Ray Allen 22, Rashard Lewis 13, Nick Collison 12, Earl Watson 12, Damien Wilkins 12, Chris Wilcox 11, Mickael Gelabale 8, Johan Petro 4, Mouhamed Sene 4, Luke Ridnour 3, Robert Swift 3, Milt Palacio 1

Chicago:

Viktor Khryapa 13, Tyrus Thomas 13, Ben Gordon 12, Malik Allen 11, Kirk Hinrich 11, Thabo Sefolosha 10, P.J. Brown 9, Andre Barrett 6, Andres Nocioni 6, Ben Wallace 6, Chris Duhon 5, Luol Deng 4, Luke Schenscher 4

Leading rebounders
Seattle:

Nick Collison 8, Chris Wilcox 7, Robert Swift 4, Ray Allen 3, Earl Watson 3, Damien Wilkins 3, Rashard Lewis 2, Kenny Adeleke 1, Denham Brown 1, Johan Petro 1, Mouhamed Sene 1

Chicago:

Viktor Khryapa 4, Ben Wallace 4, P.J. Brown 2, Luol Deng 2, Chris Duhon 2, Kirk Hinrich 2, Andres Nocioni 2, Thabo Sefolosha 2, Tyrus Thomas 2, Malik Allen 1, Andre Barrett 1, Ben Gordon 1, Luke Schenscher 1
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 15 2006, 04:17 PM) *
It was actually pretty good for a pre-season game. Thomas hit a 20 footer with seconds left to tie it and send it into OT and then he, Khryapa, and Barrett took over.

From what I saw, Ben Wallace is everything we expected overall, but he has the ability to do some damage offensively. Tyrus Thomas has really improved since the Summer League. He dribbles better than Ben Gordon lol. Khryapa has a very nice jumper, and those who compared him to Songaila hit the nail on the head. Sefolosha had a nice game too, played some nice D and made some plays on offense, driving to the lane, making smart plays.

This Bulls team is deep.

Wasnt it just last game people were saying he is nothing like Songaila? Or was that another board i was reading but I could swear it was this one. Anyways yeah... GO BULLS bullssmilie1.jpg
sport1016
it was this board
soxfan101
Idonno if they will fix it by tommorw... but the whole day on yahoo, espn, and nba.com the box scores wont show up.... like it just shows 0's for everyone. me angry stick.gif
whitesoxfan101
I still think Viktor and Darius are a lot different, as Viktor has a way deeper aresenal and higher ceiling as a player, but that's just my opinion. And although this is only preseason, expect that trend like this game where 6 guys got 10 points plus and a 7th had 9 to continue, this team is amazingly deep and talented.
Bullies4Life
Couple things that i liked....

Viktor is like a songalia, except he's more skilled... Can hit the 3 with cofidence, very nice handles, he takes charges (i believed he had either 35, or 45 charges last year) and i like the way he plays Defense. He has long arms, and uses them well to help out others, and little things like that. What i really like about the kid is that he plays like a veteran and lets the game come to him, and doesnt try to do too much. I look foward to seeing this guy play a lot more than what we all really expected when he was first traded as just a "throw-in."

I like Tyrus Thomas now... He showed some skills today. And the best part i thought was that he let the game come to him. What i really liked is that he went to the rim hard, and tried to dunk on some people. Not a lot of players can do that, or have that mind set.

Sefoloshas D looked pretty nice. I said it before, and ill say it again, this guy looks like a Shaun Livingston type of player. (except i think Shaun is a little bit better) But what i really like about him is his handles, how he dribbles low and has a little hesitate move both with his right, and left hands, and he has really court vision. He drives in, and he already knows where the players are and he doesnt get into trouble when he drives and players clog up the lane. Its like he's already a step ahead of players. That being said, there was still times when he kinda tried to do more of a fancy type of pass, and things didnt come out too good. But still, I thought this game was much better in this game becuz he let the game come to him more than the first. The first game, i thought he was trying to do too much, and maybe showing off to the fans a little of what he's capable of doing. (in many situations, the outcome didnt come out too good) But i think this guy will get used to the NBA level and start playing solid around half way into the season. bullssmilie1.jpg
Brian
Obligatory bullssmilie1.jpg
eddog2
http://sports.chicagotribune.com/merge/tsn...final/B8529.htm

Took me a few minutes to find but I finally found a box score.

Tyrus (25 min) 13 points, 8 boards, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 1 turnover (4-9 fg, 5-7 ft) (nice stats for the rook)
Thabo (26 min) 10 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block 4 turnovers (3-9 fg, 4-6 ft)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16 2006, 02:50 AM) *
I still think Viktor and Darius are a lot different, as Viktor has a way deeper aresenal and higher ceiling as a player, but that's just my opinion. And although this is only preseason, expect that trend like this game where 6 guys got 10 points plus and a 7th had 9 to continue, this team is amazingly deep and talented.

The only way they are the same is the color of their skin and the 15 ft jumper. Khryapa although smaller is a way better player on both offense and defense. Khryapa is a better shooter (including 3), he plays way better D, and is a better rebounder and passer. He seems to always be in the right spot on the rebounds and he boxes out well.

Darius was overrated and I am glad we let him go. Do you know when the Bulls season turned around last year? When Darius got hurt!
Serbbojo
Thabo needs to seriously work on his shooting, every shot he took was way short.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Serbbojo @ Oct 16 2006, 12:46 PM) *
Thabo needs to seriously work on his shooting, every shot he took was way short.

some of the poor shooting might be the result of the new ball...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Oct 16 2006, 12:52 PM) *
some of the poor shooting might be the result of the new ball...

I highly doubt that with an international player. The rest of the world has been using similar composite balls for about a decade; the NBA was the only one left using the other ball.
soxfan101
I think the biggest impact Thabo will have will actually be on Kirk. Last season with Duhon/Gordon, Kirk was constantly matched up against more athletic and bigger SG's and sometimes even against SF's when we played our small lineup. With Thabo in there Kirk can finally be matched up against apposing teams PG's and be the more athletic and bigger player most of the time. Plus when Kirk needs a breather Thabo can play the point so we dont have 1 of Duhon/Gordon matched up against a SG.

Tyrus Thomas looks much better than I ever thought he would be, this season is going to be really fun to watch when its all said and done. I still wish we could of found a way to ditch Sweetney and acquire a guy like Wilcox or Gooden but PJ Brown helps out a little atleast for this season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.