Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feedback please
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
Chicago Bulls Franchise

Just got Photoshop CS2 yesterday, give me some pointers please, how do you like it?
SoxFan1
The cropping around Berrian is pretty bad and the background doesnt really match. It's acrtually not terrible for a 1st though.

Here's some tips:

1.) Go to good-tutorials.com to learn more about effects and such.

2.) Go to dafont.com to download different fonts.

Just keep working at it and you'll get better. If you ever need a PSD, let me know.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Thanks man, ya I have been working on this all day trying to get alot better. Im wondering though.. How do you get better at brushing? lol because everytime I do it as you can see I get like blobs and they dont really mesh well.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 03:31 PM) *
Thanks man, ya I have been working on this all day trying to get alot better. Im wondering though.. How do you get better at brushing? lol because everytime I do it as you can see I get like blobs and they dont really mesh well.

Try lowering the opacity of the brush, mess around with the colors of the brush, and tinker with the blending options.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
alright and how do I like get the text after I download it?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 03:34 PM) *
alright and how do I like get the text after I download it?

You'll need to extract the file then copy and paste it into the Fonts folder in your Control Panel.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
ya im havin' trouble with that. I have no idea how to get text for me to use.. I just downloaded one.. Comes up to some random folder and I dont know what to do.. sad.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 03:41 PM) *
ya im havin' trouble with that. I have no idea how to get text for me to use.. I just downloaded one.. Comes up to some random folder and I dont know what to do.. sad.gif

You need WinZip or WinRAR to extract the file because the file that you downloaded is compressed.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Here is my newest sig.. C/C?

SoxFan1
I'd say the same for this sig. I don't know why, but the quality looks low. I think you might have the blending options to "Dissolve."
Chicago Bulls Franchise
No I have Berrian on one layer at Blur image and then I pasted him again with the Chicago bear "C" on Overlay.. Its probably how I cut him? God dang that takes forever to cut people because half the time the magic wand goes into there jersey and what not.

But wouldnt you atleast say this sig is better than the last one? I have been working alot!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2006, 11:22 PM) *
No I have Berrian on one layer at Blur image and then I pasted him again with the Chicago bear "C" on Overlay.. Its probably how I cut him? God dang that takes forever to cut people because half the time the magic wand goes into there jersey and what not.

But wouldnt you atleast say this sig is better than the last one? I have been working alot!

It is a bit better.

And if you ever need a photo cropped, let me know. I have that exact Berrian PSD on my site now as a matter of fact.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Will do

BTW what is a PSD anyways? laugh.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 16 2006, 04:20 PM) *
Will do

BTW what is a PSD anyways? laugh.gif

A PSD is a cropped photo that you can pop right into a graphic. PSD stands for Photoshop Document.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well in that case could you give me a couple PSD's? I need Berrian, Mark Anderson and Rex Grossman if possible

Thats my latest

Just made another one
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 17 2006, 04:09 PM) *
Well in that case could you give me a couple PSD's? I need Berrian, Mark Anderson and Rex Grossman if possible

Thats my latest

Just made another one

Seems like you're trying to do to much. Start off simple. The bg's look too busy.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah Im trying to look at some tutorials but I seriusly need some brushes and Text! And I have no idea still how to get the text up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.