Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All-Time Conference Teams
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chi-town23-33
Had a half-day at school, got home and had nothin to do, so I came up with this. Make your greatest team from each conference using any players from any era. Each position should be three deep and no repeats on each team for example, if I use Barkley in the east, I can't put him down in the west. Also post which of your teams you think would win between the two. Here's the start:

Eastern Conference

PG Oscar Robertson / Isiah Thomas / Bob Cousy
SG Michael Jordan / John Havlicek / Pete Maravich
SF Larry Bird / Julius Erving / Dominique Wilkins
PF Charles Barkley / Kevin McHale / Elvin Hayes
C Wilt Chamberlain / Bill Russell / Bob Pettit

Western Conference

PG Magic Johnson / John Stockton / Jason Kidd
SG Jerry West / George Gervin / Kobe Bryant
SF Elgin Baylor / Rick Barry / James Worthy
PF Karl Malone / Tim Duncan / Kevin Garnett
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar / Hakeem Olajuwon / Shaquille O'Neal

Winner: East

( I tried to keep players to the positions they most often played, but you can mix and match if you want.)
ZoomSlowik
Damn fine list. I'd only make a few changes:

- George Gervin as the 3rd SF on the West squad over Worthy. Gervin was a scoring machine, with 4 scoring titles and a 26.2 career scoring average.

- Scottie Pippen over Dominique Wilkens as the 3rd SF on the East squad. Nothing against 'Nique, he was definitely the better scorer. However, Pippen was a bit more well-rounded, and was a far superior defender.

- Moses Malone over Tim Duncan on the West squad. Again, nothing against Tim, but Moses was a beast in his prime. His career numbers would be ridiculous if he didn't play 3-5 years too long. Technically he was a center, but IMO the two are pretty much interchangeable, and Malone was basically the same size as Duncan. I dropped Duncan instead of Garnett because KG is more versatile, and his career totals would be better if not for his first few years in the league straight out of high school.

Man, that'd be a real pain to figure out which guys are in-active every game. blink.gif
Chi-town23-33
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 18 2006, 02:08 PM) *
Damn fine list. I'd only make a few changes:

- George Gervin as the 3rd SF on the West squad over Worthy. Gervin was a scoring machine, with 4 scoring titles and a 26.2 career scoring average.

- Scottie Pippen over Dominique Wilkens as the 3rd SF on the East squad. Nothing against 'Nique, he was definitely the better scorer. However, Pippen was a bit more well-rounded, and was a far superior defender.

- Moses Malone over Tim Duncan on the West squad. Again, nothing against Tim, but Moses was a beast in his prime. His career numbers would be ridiculous if he didn't play 3-5 years too long. Technically he was a center, but IMO the two are pretty much interchangeable, and Malone was basically the same size as Duncan. I dropped Duncan instead of Garnett because KG is more versatile, and his career totals would be better if not for his first few years in the league straight out of high school.

Man, that'd be a real pain to figure out which guys are in-active every game. blink.gif

Gervin I always took as more of a two-guard, even though he played the three as well, so that's why Worthy was there because he was a pure SF. I can see where you thought to make the list considering more efficiency, so you taking Pippen, even though 'Nique is the better player, is understandable. Moses Malone versus Tim Duncan, I took the position approach, but following your logic, its pretty much personal preference.

On second thought, I'll slide Gervin in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.