Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jermaine O'neal
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
72-10
Has anyone heard about a rumored trade for Jermaine O'neal? My dad reads all kinds of stuff and this was one of the things. If anyone has any details, throw em' ou there. I heard he had problems with his coaching staff, etc. That would be an amazing acquisition.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I thought that was last years thing? I dont know how we could get him. The only thing would be to trade Tyrus Thomas and I would much rather have Thomas because he will be alot better than JO in the near future.!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 21 2006, 05:36 PM) *
I thought that was last years thing? I dont know how we could get him. The only thing would be to trade Tyrus Thomas and I would much rather have Thomas because he will be alot better than JO in the near future.!

Wow.

We are getting overly excited about Thomas after a few good pre-season games. TT has a looooooong way to go to get close to being as good as Jermain O'Neal.
ZoomSlowik
O'Neal would be a huge acquisition. He would give us something we currently don't have: a solid post scorer. Any time you could conceivably get a guy that is capable of posting 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks a game, you have to look into it.

However, I don't really see how the trade would work. First off, we'd have to be willing to give up a pretty good amount of talent. Second, financially the trade would be a nightmare. O'Neal makes over $18 mil a year, and he's still signed for a few years. We'd definitely be in luxury tax territory, and we can't do a whole lot to even out the money (Wallace and Brown are our only players that make over $4 mil a year). They also have Al Harrington and Danny Granger on the roster, so I would imagine that they aren't really in the market for more forwards.

IMO if we were discussing this trade, the deal that would make the most sense for the Pacers would be Hinrich and Brown (sizeable expiring contract). Obviously we wouldn't be too interested in that, so the next best package is probably something built around Brown, Gordon, and either Duhon or a 1st rounder. If I were the Pacers, I don't think that would be enough to convince me to make the move.

So in other words, it doesn't seem too likely.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 21 2006, 09:37 PM) *
Wow.

We are getting overly excited about Thomas after a few good pre-season games. TT has a looooooong way to go to get close to being as good as Jermain O'Neal.

Ok well what I meant to say was... Why trade Tyrus when he could "Potentially" become better? That is who they would want is a guy like him.. Sure Oneal would be huge but I wonder sometimes about his injuries. He is becoming injury prone and I'd much rather watch Tyrus develop and we dont need to gather more chemistry by diverting things even more.
TOMSPY77
Besides all of those points, O' Neal has an injury history, and although thats a risk you sometimes take, we are also still giving up too much for one post player, be it Kirk or Ben.
If either one were to have a good breakout year, it would make sense for it to come this year, although of course thats debateable to.

I just think we would give players like that a long look before saying goodbye, even though we are also trying to win now.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 21 2006, 11:02 PM) *
Ok well what I meant to say was... Why trade Tyrus when he could "Potentially" become better?

a 2006-2007 NBA Championship.
Chisoxfn
Well I'd give up a package starting at PJ Brown, Luol Deng and our Knicks pick. I don't know if that would be enough to get a deal done but it sounds like TT is the real deal and having him come off the bench with two legit bigs (Ben Wall and O'Neal) we'd be a legit title contender.

O'Neal gives us low post offense while also giving us the best low post defense in the league bar none (O'Neal is a darn good defensive player and we all know Ben Wall is legit). Mix that with Noc on the wing, Hinrich and Gordon and we are talking about a team that could do some serious damage and be good for a real long time.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26 2006, 10:13 AM) *
Well I'd give up a package starting at PJ Brown, Luol Deng and our Knicks pick. I don't know if that would be enough to get a deal done but it sounds like TT is the real deal and having him come off the bench with two legit bigs (Ben Wall and O'Neal) we'd be a legit title contender.

O'Neal gives us low post offense while also giving us the best low post defense in the league bar none (O'Neal is a darn good defensive player and we all know Ben Wall is legit). Mix that with Noc on the wing, Hinrich and Gordon and we are talking about a team that could do some serious damage and be good for a real long time.

That all depends on how the Knicks wind up performing this year.
TOMSPY77
Well I'd give up a package starting at PJ Brown, Luol Deng and our Knicks pick. I don't know if that would be enough to get a deal done

I'd add Ben G into that mix but then who can play the two spot? Thabo looks like from the T-Wolves game like he needs to adjust and Deng too slow to guard Twos...we could not rely on Griffin and Thabo all year... huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.