Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J-Will gone from Nets...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
hinrich fan
Former Bull Jay Williams comeback with the Nets is over...let's hope he catches on elsewhere...

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9744220
Balta1701-B
He will probably wind up in the NBDL this year, IMO.
TOMSPY77
Thats sad..although he only has himself to blame in a way, I really wanted to see him come back. Its a shame. I think that triple double he had againset the Nets and Jason Kidd his rookie year was only the first. Hope he still has a future in pro hoops..
Balta1701-B
What's next for Jay Williams?

Jay Williams' release by the Nets really wasn't a surprise. New Jersey already had the maximum 15 guaranteed contracts, including rookie Marcus Williams and veteran backup point guard Jeff McInnis. The Nets are trying to work a buyout of McInnis' contract, but even if they do, they really have no need for Williams.

Still, Williams' attempt to come back from that devastating 2003 motorcycle accident impressed his Nets teammates, and they genuinely seemed to enjoy having the New Jersey native around their camp.

I visited the Nets' practice facility last week, and players and team officials there had nothing but good things to say about the former No. 2 overall pick from Duke and how hard he had worked to get back in shape. Nets coach Lawrence Frank even said he was "heartbroken" to have to cut Williams.

I also got a chance to watch Williams (3.8 points in 13.2 minutes over five exhibition games) play against the Sixers the other night. He ran the team capably, but showed little of his pre-wreck explosiveness. He didn't seem to be troubled by the knee, except for perhaps one occasion when he struggled to get around a screen.

Williams' agent, Kevin Bradbury, says there is interest from a handful of NBA teams seeking a third backup point guard. My best guess is that Williams will have to play overseas until he proves he can consistently knock down the outside shot.
Bullseye
if you love him so much, why cut him?
Chisoxfn
Its too bad. Will made one major mistake but he's a good guy and has been working hard to come back. I'm sure he'll go to the Dleague or Europe and if he does well someone wlil pick him up.
madisonsmadhouse
Europe is where Jay needs to be right now. He needs to log heavy minutes and get back into shape, while regaining his confidence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.