Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did I do?
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
VenomSox
I have played in one basketball league 3 years ago. I have really only followed the bulls since then. Other than the injury risk with Amare and Kirilenko where am I weak?

2PM - Two Pointers Made 2 points
3PT - Three Pointers Made 3 points
AST - Assists 1 point
BK - Blocks 1 point
DD - Double Doubles 3 points
FT - Free Throws Made 1 point
ST - Steals 1 point
TD - Triple Doubles 5 points
TO - Turnovers -1 point
TRB - Total Rebounds 1 point

H2H 9 teams

C: Amare Stoudemire
F: LeBron James
F: Andrei Kirilenko
G: Chris Paul
G: Andre Iguodala
U: Ron Artest
U: Josh Smith

Bench

C: Tyson Chandler
C: Channing Frye
F: Tyrus Thomas
F: Gerald Wallace
F: David West
G: T.J. Ford
G: Deron Williams
ZoomSlowik
That's kind of a weird setup, only 9 teams and some funky categories.

That's a seriously scoring-heavy league, so some of your picks were kind of iffy. Kirilenko and Paul don't have anywhere near as much value in that kind of league as they normally would, even a lower round pick like Emeka Okafor will put up similar point totals.

Think about it, their per game averages would be like 30 under that system (not counting double-doubles or triple-doubles, as those are somewhat fluky and hard to predict unless they average one), whereas someone like say Iverson's or Pierce's would be closer to 40. Assists, steals, and blocks are heavily under-valued in this league and percentages don't matter. They still put up decent numbers, but not as good as guys like I mentioned.

It might be too late, but I'd seriously try to re-make your team to have two types of guys on your roster: high-scoring guards that provide at least decent totals in the other areas, and big guys that average in the 20 points and 10 rebounds range (that's an average of 33 point per game right there). If you could trade Kirilenko and Paul and get a couple of guys those type of guys, that would boost your output.

Lebron and Stoudemire work very well under this format (assuming Amare can get back to his old point totals), and Kirilenko and Paul are still decent options I guess. Artest, Wallace, and West are also decent options, but the rest are expendable.

In the future, just add up the averages in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, subtract turnovers, and take the guy with the highest total (and add 3 for double-double guys...).
VenomSox
We shot for 12 teams and only got 9 teams 3 people did not show up.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (VenomSox @ Oct 23 2006, 03:33 PM) *
We shot for 12 teams and only got 9 teams 3 people did not show up.

Wait, is it 9 actual teams or 12 then? That makes a big difference. Kirilenko and Paul are pretty useful if it's 12, if it's 9 then the other teams probably have you beat right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.