Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the Bulls Need This Off-Season
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
What the Bulls Need This Off-Season
By Payton Focken
TalkBulls.com

Last seasons playoff run ended what seemed like a lifetime of losing. However, those dissapointing Bulls came back in 2006, ruining what many Bulls fans had hoped would be the season where the Bulls proved they belonged in the playoffs...MORE
SoxFan1
Not bad at all. And I love this guy's name. lol.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 30 2006, 09:06 PM)
Not bad at all. And I love this guy's name. lol.

Ya, everytime I see it I think of Meet the Parents.
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 30 2006, 10:55 PM)
What the Bulls Need This Off-Season
By Payton Focken
TalkBulls.com

Last seasons playoff run ended what seemed like a lifetime of losing. However, those dissapointing Bulls came back in 2006, ruining what many Bulls fans had hoped would be the season where the Bulls proved they belonged in the playoffs...MORE

the olny thing that i do not like about thomas is that he is not as tall as i would want and also he is just like tyson the olny way he can score is tip-ins, offensive rebounds and lobs. he can not post up and that is what we need that is what Aldridge has also he is a little taller. Granted thomas is are still fairly young and could still grow another inch or two but that is still not enough to be a center if we put Tyson at PF and Aldridge down low with deng that would be awsome. unsure.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 30 2006, 11:15 PM)
Ya, everytime I see it I think of Meet the Parents.

ya thats what all the strangers call my family, but its pronounced like Foken with a long o. or if you say the letter "O" thats what its suppose to be.
beck72
The bulls probably won't be able to get a veteran who'd put them on the map [ie Garnett]. So they'd be best off to get the best players they can via the draft. So here are my 2 cents:

#1-draft Tyrus Thomas with the pick from NY; he's the type of worker Skiles will love; Aldridge wouldn't be bad either
#2-trade Gordon to Charlotte for their pick-maybe include a player like Sweetney for the bulls to get Brevin Knight; It may take Duhon as well. But Knight is the kind of true point guard the Bulls could use, someone with speed to create steals and pass the ball; Charlotte has Felton as the heir apparent but need a scorer. Gordon is a scorer. But not the kind the bulls need. Which leads me to #3
#3-use the Charlotte pick to draft Brandon Roy--Roy is a true SG, who can create shots off the dribble for himself and others--his upside may be like Dwayne Wade. He can replace Gordon's 15 pts a game [not right away, but at least 10-12 pts a game]. Roy won't light it up for 30 like Gordon can. But he will be far more consistent, and can play an all around game -rebound, score, pass, defend. Another hard worker in the Skiles mold who makes those around him better. Gordon hasn't improved his all around game. I think Skiles and Pax will move on from Ben.
#4-use their own pick for Tiago Splitter--a 7 footer who can play C and PF--Splitter sounds like a Skiles special, someone who will do anything it takes for the team, and who can score down low and the outside;
#5-fill in pieces via free agency; like Antonio Davis; another SG, who can light it up from 3pt.

This team would be in the top 5 in the East for 2007, and have room to grow into a contender in 2008 with Thomas or Aldridge, Roy and Splitter getting better. Right now, the Bulls nucleus isn't one that can win a championship. the bulls need to add the pieces via the draft.
bulls91
QUOTE (beck72 @ Apr 1 2006, 06:32 AM)
The bulls probably won't be able to get a veteran who'd put them on the map [ie Garnett]. So they'd be best off to get the best players they can via the draft. So here are my 2 cents:

#1-draft Tyrus Thomas with the pick from NY; he's the type of worker Skiles will love; Aldridge wouldn't be bad either
#2-trade Gordon to Charlotte for their pick-maybe include a player like Sweetney for the bulls to get Brevin Knight; It may take Duhon as well. But Knight is the kind of true point guard the Bulls could use, someone with speed to create steals and pass the ball; Charlotte has Felton as the heir apparent but need a scorer. Gordon is a scorer. But not the kind the bulls need. Which leads me to #3
#3-use the Charlotte pick to draft Brandon Roy--Roy is a true SG, who can create shots off the dribble for himself and others--his upside may be like Dwayne Wade. He can replace Gordon's 15 pts a game [not right away, but at least 10-12 pts a game]. Roy won't light it up for 30 like Gordon can. But he will be far more consistent, and can play an all around game -rebound, score, pass, defend. Another hard worker in the Skiles mold who makes those around him better. Gordon hasn't improved his all around game. I think Skiles and Pax will move on from Ben.
#4-use their own pick for Tiago Splitter--a 7 footer who can play C and PF--Splitter sounds like a Skiles special, someone who will do anything it takes for the team, and who can score down low and the outside;
#5-fill in pieces via free agency; like Antonio Davis; another SG, who can light it up from 3pt.

This team would be in the top 5 in the East for 2007, and have room to grow into a contender in 2008 with Thomas or Aldridge, Roy and Splitter getting better. Right now, the Bulls nucleus isn't one that can win a championship. the bulls need to add the pieces via the draft.

nice wink.gif that is what i was thinking but i did not know how we could get Roy he has great stuff and can be deadly down the road. also with the splitter i think that is a little too low of a pick for him i think that he will go 5-10 so we will have to get some one like him in the FA. biggrin.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.