Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minutes for Thabo and Tyrus (TNT)?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullseye
How many minutes do you think TNT will get this season? Just wondering what your thoughts on this were.
Chisoxfn
Both will get significant minutes at times but there will also be times Skiles teaches them a lesson and keeps them out for a bit. Still you got to like both players all around abilities and both bring a unique ability to the court (Sef being a tall guard with PG ability and TT being an athletic machine).
ZoomSlowik
My guess would be about 10-15 minutes per game for each of them, though obviously they'll get more in some games than others. I'd be surprised if either gets many more, we have a pretty deep team. If either one does my guess would be Thabo.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Tyrus will play more because he is better at this point which is suprising. Tyrus will get around 20 min a game. Duhon's minutes will go down a ton from last year. Thabo will get around 10-12 min a game.
WHarris1
"You've got to be careful," said Skiles. "You can get lost in the highlights and not realize all the other things (Thomas is) not doing. He can be out there four minutes and made two unbelievable plays. We need that and we like that. But we've got to look at the overall game."
sport1016
good quote

skiles said the same stuff about BG7 his rookie year

that's significant for two reasons....

1) he was right

2) despite that, if he felt that ben was the best option in a situation, he went with him regardless of the turnover and mistake factor
spiderman
Skiles is going to play both guys, but in favorable situations, especially early on.
Against Miami, although it's not the most favorable situation, I expect Thabo to get some minutes against Wade off the bench, as defense is expected to be a strong point for him.

TThomas will get 10-15 minutes a night early on. I'm hoping in the 2nd half, he can become a 25 minute player and help keep Big Ben and PJ Brown fresh for the playoffs.
spencer958
I agree with most of you guys. Tyrus will get about 15-20 and Thabo will get 10-15 to start and
more as the season goes on and his defense gets stronger for some of the big guards/small fowards. Go Bulls!!
sport1016
early it wont be that much as we are too deep

early on thabo won't be looked at as the stopper at sg, it will be griffin.

I would expect both to get about 10 min each the first month or two and then later on maybe more like 15-18.

Like someone else said though, it will depend a lot on matchups. Like agst miami they may not play much at all but agst the bobcats it could be a bit of a blow out and they'll see tons of time.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Oct 26 2006, 11:17 PM) *
good quote

skiles said the same stuff about BG7 his rookie year

that's significant for two reasons....

1) he was right

2) despite that, if he felt that ben was the best option in a situation, he went with him regardless of the turnover and mistake factor

Plus he developed into quite the player that year. Skiles is willing to play the rooks as long as they are consistently learning and not making the same rookie mistakes multiple times. These guys both have a lot of skill and with a good coach and a lot of well disciplined players around them, I think we'll see good things out of Thomas/Thabo during there tenure in Chicago.
madisonsmadhouse
Both of these guys are going to have sporatic minutes under Skiles coming off of the bench, as do all of his bench players. The thing is I also would bet money that both players get some starts as well, when Skiles inevitablely tries something different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.