Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should the bulls keep for next year?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
JPargo
Who do you guys think the bulls should resign nextyear out of all the guys that are in the last year of their contract?
TeaLeafReaderII
who is in the last year of their contract?
I wouldn't mind seeing Pike, Basden, and Harrington replaced by draft picks next year huh.gif
JPargo
Players that are in the last year of their contract are...
Pike
Songaila
Malik
Pargo
Basden
Schenscher
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 31 2006, 05:18 PM)
who is in the last year of their contract?
I wouldn't mind seeing Pike, Basden, and Harrington replaced by draft picks next year huh.gif

If we had three picks, then yes, that would be fathomable. wink.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (JPargo @ Mar 31 2006, 05:30 PM)
Pike
Songaila
Malik
Pargo
Basden
Schenscher

cheers.gif I'd try to keep two... Either Malik or Songalia

and either Pargo and Basden.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 31 2006, 05:32 PM)

Don't we have 2 firsts and a 2nd?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 31 2006, 05:33 PM)
Don't we have 2 firsts and a 2nd?

Nope, our 2nd round pick goes to Utah or Pheonix I believe.

Yup, Utah.
JPargo
Mine would be Malik because he has that nice 15ft jumper and he can score right away for us. Also pargo, He is a good back up at the point and the SG postition, and maybe basden, hes a good defensive player but need to work on that shot. He could probably shot down some players with his D. I would like to see schenscher back but not a very good chance of that happening
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 31 2006, 03:32 PM)

Well, we do have 2 picks and a metric ton of salary cap space, so that's a different method. Who we keep comes down to who we wind up with. If we wind up drafting an aldridge and signing another center, then maybe holding onto Luke isn't the wisest idea. If we draft a guard and sign a guard, then maybe Pargo should go. If Gordon gets traded, maybe we need to keep Pargo just so we have someone as a backup.
CubbiesFan07
i really like pargo, as much as he can hit only like 40% of his shots and such, i really think hes athletic and wish he could use his potential and such.

just needs to get his shooting in target and he could easily put up 15+ppg
soxfan101
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 1 2006, 02:30 AM)
i really like pargo, as much as he can hit only like 40% of his shots and such, i really think hes athletic and wish he could use his potential and such.

just needs to get his shooting in target and he could easily put up 15+ppg

Pargo blows hardcore.
B-4-Bulls
Well ill tell you who I dont want back next year. Sweets,Pike,Pargo, and Othella. I would like to see Schencher get a shot and same with Songalia. They can be good role players when they come off the bench for years to come while the Bulls are winning Championships again biggrin.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
I don't know... Sweets has looked alright the past week or so... Its like skiles was watching LSU in tourney and suddenly realized that sweets has the same dimensions as big baby.... And all the suddenly Sweets cracked the starting line up. huh.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (JPargo @ Mar 31 2006, 05:30 PM)
Pike
Songaila
Malik
Pargo
Basden
Schenscher

Are you sure songaila and Malik are free agents? we just signed them this season and I think at least songaila got a multi year deal...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 2 2006, 08:06 PM)
Are you sure songaila and Malik are free agents? we just signed them this season and I think at least songaila got a multi year deal...

Press reports said it was a 2 year deal for Songaila. I suppose that could mean a 1 year deal with a team option...I don't see full details readily available.
Chisoxfn
Songalia will be back. I'd think one of Malik and Harrington will be gone and it may be Harrington. He's really struggled this season, however this assumes we can find 2 more bigs to come in here.

Pargo = GONE
Gordon = Gone
Pike = GONE

Those 3 guys I want out of here.
JPargo
Songalia has a 1 year player option. I see no need for him next year. With the draft picks and the FA(s) that we might get. I'd take malike over songalia because of his size and that nice 15ft shot hes got. He also is able to give us points right off away.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 12:45 PM)
Songalia has a 1 year player option. I see no need for him next year. With the draft picks and the FA(s) that we might get. I'd take malike over songalia because of his size and that nice 15ft shot hes got. He also is able to give us points right off away.

If it's a player option...then it doens't matter at all whether or not the Bulls want him back.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 12:45 PM)

Songalia is a better passer and a better shooter than Malik (imo). Plus, considering how Hinrich is really good at running pick and rolls, Songalia is a good player to bring in from time to time because he excels in a pick and roll style. Not to mention he's a more smooth offensive player. Neither are good rebounders or defenders.

Just my 2 cents.
sport1016
get rid of pargo

despite his ability to drain threes, he cannot run the team and is soooooooo turnover prone. I swear, if i see him throw one more bad pass into the stands or right at a player on the other team i will throw my shoe through my tv. Did i mention he's a ball hog?

We don't need any of those guards bc i have a good feeling both gordon and duhon will be coming off the bench next year.

Keep songalia and malik allen. SOngalia is one of the few players who scored down low for us this year and both are good scoring big men who can make spot starts if there are injuries or something next year.

Both played very well for us this year, considering they were asked to contribute a lot more than they should've. I can see songalia being the 7th or 8th man in the rotation next year depending on the status of sweets and chandler.
JPargo
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 3 2006, 08:18 PM)
get rid of pargo

despite his ability to drain threes, he cannot run the team and is soooooooo turnover prone. I swear, if i see him throw one more bad pass into the stands or right at a player on the other team i will throw my shoe through my tv. Did i mention he's a ball hog?

We don't need any of those guards bc i have a good feeling both gordon and duhon will be coming off the bench next year.

Keep songalia and malik allen. SOngalia is one of the few players who scored down low for us this year and both are good scoring big men who can make spot starts if there are injuries or something next year.

Both played very well for us this year, considering they were asked to contribute a lot more than they should've. I can see songalia being the 7th or 8th man in the rotation next year depending on the status of sweets and chandler.

Pargo doesnt get in much but his APG are 1.8 thats more than Songalia Chandler, and .1 less than Deng. So if you call him a ball hog then your calling them ball hogs
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 08:27 PM)
Pargo doesnt get in much but his APG are 1.8 thats more than Songalia Chandler, and .1 less than Deng. So if you call him a ball hog then your calling them ball hogs

Pargo is a PG. It is supposed to be his job to get the ball to other people. The other players you listed were a SF and 2 PFs. Its not their main functions to distribute the ball. That is an apples and oranges comparision at best.
JPargo
the points is pargo is playing around 6min a game and those guys are rotating through the whole game.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 06:27 PM)

The problem is Pargo is a role player who seems to think he's Michael Jordan. He's never seen a shot that he doesn't like. Every once in a while he'll get hot and pull us back off the bench, but more often he shoots up awful shots and while doing so ruins any momentum or offense/team had.

He's not a PG cause he's an awful passer and he can't defend. So with the way he's shot this year he's been pretty much worthless. Last year he was actually a quality bench player, but he was shooting a bit better too.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 09:08 PM)
the points is pargo is playing around 6min a game and those guys are rotating through the whole game.

It doesn't matter. It isn't any of those other guys jobs to distribute the basketball. It would be just like comparing Chandlers rebounding numbers to Pargos, and then saying that Pargo sucks because he doesn't get nearly as many rebounds. The guys who you mentioned have different jobs on the court than does Pargo. If you wanted to compare guards that would be one thing, but another when you start looking at the big mens assist numbers.
bulls91
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 3 2006, 08:27 PM)

those are two totally diffrent positions a PG or a PF and SF not there jobs list some that get more then that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.