Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyrus Thomas has a broken nose
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/...ullnt01.article

No idea if he will miss games, or how many he will miss.
Balta1701-B
Welcome to the NBA Kid.

Hope he looks good in one of those masks.
Pippen Aint Easy
I had a feeling he was going to get hurt in some form or another. He was WAY out of control, and fell VERY awkwardly before he suffered the broken nose.
Steve9347
Tyrus looked real good last night, didn't expect him to be the first PF off the bench.

I love it.
sport1016
not 100% on this

but i thought i read somewhere that he'll just miss today's game while he gets fitted for a mask and then he ought to be back. Does that make sense? I don't know a ton about broken noses.

despite the fouling, he did some things out there that no one else can do. He runs like a sf but his wingspan and explosive hops makes him play a lot bigger than 6-9. Very impressive for a debut.

While we're on rooks, it was nice to see sef get into double figures, even if he did it in the 4th when it didnt matter.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 1 2006, 12:16 PM) *
not 100% on this

but i thought i read somewhere that he'll just miss today's game while he gets fitted for a mask and then he ought to be back. Does that make sense? I don't know a ton about broken noses.
despite the fouling, he did some things out there that no one else can do. He runs like a sf but his wingspan and explosive hops makes him play a lot bigger than 6-9. Very impressive for a debut.

While we're on rooks, it was nice to see sef get into double figures, even if he did it in the 4th when it didnt matter.

If its a serious break and his breathing is impeded no way he comes back that soon. But if it is just a minor break and he can handle the pain I could see him playing friday....
sport1016
they just said on comcast that he isn't playing tonight

but it didnt seem bad as even he was joking around about it afterward

don't know what that adds up to but....hopefully he's back soon
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 1 2006, 10:16 AM) *
not 100% on this

Ya, it appears that he was going to head back to Chicago to get fitted for a mask and would than be able to play in our home opener. Thomas really looks like some kind of an athlete and I'm really excited that we picked him up. I had my doubts and there are still areas he's got to greatly improve on (which rookie doesn't) but my god does he have some upside.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
I say Posey did it on purpose...he is known to take cheap shots at the Bulls lol (who remembers last year's playoffs?)

In all seriousness, Thomas is explosive & I pictured him getting hurt in one way or another, I was actually surprised to see him back after he busted his hip earlier...too bad he cant play tonight.
But I heard Thomas will play in the Home Opener on Friday.
DrunkBomber
All I heard was he is in Chicago today and getting fitted for the mask and he'll miss only tonights game but we'll see I guess.
truthandbasketball
Posey is a dick, after what he did to Hinrich last year and now this ...I cant wait till he gets the same from someone else
DutheDoduhon21
tyrus isnt with the team, i read hes goin back to chicago for further evaluation
Chisoxfn
According to the trib he is expected to play on Friday in the home opener against the Kings.
DrunkBomber
I would hate playing with one of those things on my face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.