Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls vs Magic....CBF....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
CBF your game/talkbulls writer

After a nice start against the defending world champs, the Bulls came out slow against the Magic. They kept it close untill the beginning of the 2nd quarter where Howard went off and just dominated downlow. To me we looked like we were going in slow motion and werent beating them to their spots. We also didnt get alot of help from the referees, Kirk got called for cheap fouls and also a rediculous technical that shouldnt have been called. Besides that the Magic shot 65% from the field throughout the whole game. Part of that was alot of luck and Chicago's poor defensive performance tonight.

Nocioni really struggeled from the field tonight. He only had I believe 2 points. Big Ben didnt really do much today either while Kirk was in early foul trouble, eliminating him from playing his usual long minutes. In the second half we answered and got within 11 points untill the Magic kept answering back. That was how it went all day long. We would make a run and they would answer. The Bulls got outrebounded which shouldnt happen when we have Ben Wallace but it did.

It was a coming out party for Howard who should signs of becoming a superstar in this league. He had another double double. He is an animal and we couldnt stop him for nothing tonight. Overall a poor performance from the Bulls tonight but we still have 80 games left to play so lets see how it goes. Sefolosha has been very suprising so far this season. He is actually scoring. He didnt do that in preseason but he is now. Also the Bulls really missed Tyrus' energy tonight. I believe he would have maybe given the Bulls some momentum after a blocked shot or something but unfortuanetly his broken nose held him from playing. Hopefully this team can get back on track and not look so sloppy at home this Friday.

Remember, its "FEAR THE FRO NIGHT" Friday in Chicago's homeopener so hopefully Big Ben will have his fro hangin' out biggrin.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 1 2006, 09:26 PM) *
They kept it close untill the beginning of the 2nd quarter where Howard went off and just dominated downlow.

the bulls were down by 12 after the first quarter...
madisonsmadhouse
A game like this shows exactly what the Bulls main weakness is, and that is athletic big men. Right now the only guys they have with size are old and slow, and Ben Wallace is undersized. We need a guy on the front line running 6'10" plus who can move his feet, and Malik Allen/PJ Brown are not it.
Steve9347
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2 2006, 09:36 AM) *
A game like this shows exactly what the Bulls main weakness is, and that is athletic big men. Right now the only guys they have with size are old and slow, and Ben Wallace is undersized. We need a guy on the front line running 6'10" plus who can move his feet, and Malik Allen/PJ Brown are not it.

id trade any 3 guy on our team for dwight howard. that kid looks like he's going to be the best big man... ever.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 2 2006, 08:08 AM) *
id trade any 3 guy on our team for dwight howard. that kid looks like he's going to be the best big man... ever.

Dwight Howard is ridiculous. I've been saying it for a couple years but if your going to build a franchise (aside from LBJ/Wade) Howard is probably the guy you take.
hammerhead johnson
And y'all just let me snatch up Dwight in both the talkbulls and soxtalk fantasy leagues.

What's up with that? biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I think I am most impressed by his improvement from the free throw line. He shot 60% last year, but all preseason long he was hitting them at an 80% clip, and in yesterday's game, he hit 9 out of 10, and the one that he missed looked like it was gonna go in.

And of course, he has mastered those crazy-ass spin moves! God damn, Dwight.

The rebounding and defense was already a given, but now you have a 20 year old big man who could hang with the Duncans and Garnetts. A true championship piece.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 2 2006, 09:26 AM) *
the bulls were down by 12 after the first quarter...

Yeah but the game didnt get out of hand untill the 2nd where we got down by 20 something..
CryptViLL
good recap.
thanks.

it wud be amazing for ben to wear the fro friday.
id love that
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 2 2006, 11:57 AM) *
Dwight Howard is ridiculous. I've been saying it for a couple years but if your going to build a franchise (aside from LBJ/Wade) Howard is probably the guy you take.

give me howard over wade.

i rate it

1. Lebron
1b. Dwight Howard
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 3 2006, 08:54 AM) *
give me howard over wade.

i rate it

1. Lebron
1b. Dwight Howard

I might even pick Howard first just because of how hard it is to find a big man who has all of his tools, not to mention his age, and seeming lack of ego. Howard is an incredible talent.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I would still take Lebron.. The kid is soo big he could play 1-4 positions sucessfully in the NBA if he tried. Howard can only play 2 positions..

Lebron's Rookie year- PG
Lebron's Second year- SG
Lebron's Third year- SF

He started at those positions each year but now it looks like he will be the SF for the rest of his career.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 3 2006, 01:13 PM) *
I would still take Lebron.. The kid is soo big he could play 1-4 positions sucessfully in the NBA if he tried. Howard can only play 2 positions..

Lebron's Rookie year- PG
Lebron's Second year- SG
Lebron's Third year- SF

He started at those positions each year but now it looks like he will be the SF for the rest of his career.

Lebron might be more valuable, but it's not due to his ability to play numerous positions. Michael Jordan could only play out of the SG and SF slots. Would Lebron be more valuable, according to your logic?

But you can make an argument for Lebron based on legendary court vision. There's no doubt about that.
ZoomSlowik
My absolute #1 pick would be a healthy Amare Stoudemire, but I'm not sure he'll ever be the same. After that I'd go Lebron, then either Howard or Bosh (both are damn talented). After that it's probably Wade or Chris Paul.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Nov 3 2006, 04:50 PM) *
Lebron might be more valuable, but it's not due to his ability to play numerous positions. Michael Jordan could only play out of the SG and SF slots. Would Lebron be more valuable, according to your logic?

But you can make an argument for Lebron based on legendary court vision. There's no doubt about that.

Lebron is what 22 years old now? He can still improve.. He will never be Jordon but he is still the most valuable player to any team since Michael In my honest opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.