Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls meltdown versus Kings on opening night
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
truthandbasketball
What the hell just happened?????
Jordan4life_2007
QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ Nov 3 2006, 11:21 PM) *
What the hell just happened??????

Unbelievably bad, bad basketball by the Bulls tonight. Everybody sucked outside of Deng and Wallace. I hope everybody has come back to earth now and realized the Miami game was somewhat of a fluke. This team has some issues. Lack of low-post scoring is gonna hurt us all year. We couldn't stop them when it mattered. The Kings are for the most part a jumpshooting team. Yet they get to the line damn near 40 times? We kept shooting jumper after jumper after jumper. We could never put the Kings away, even though they were playing worse than we were. And what the hell is Chris Duhon doing with the basketball in his hands on the last play? Just a bad, bad performance.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:28 PM) *
Unbelievably bad, bad basketball by the Bulls tonight. Everybody sucked outside of Deng and Wallace. I hope everybody has come back to earth now and realized the Miami game was somewhat of a fluke. This team has some issues. Lack of low-post scoring is gonna hurt us all year. We couldn't stop them when it mattered. The Kings are for the most part a jumpshooting team. Yet they get to the line damn near 40 times? We kept shooting jumper after jumper after jumper. We could never put the Kings away, even though they were playing worse than we were. And what the hell is Chris Duhon doing with the basketball in his hands on the last play? Just a bad, bad performance.

Low post scoring did not hurt the Bulls tonight. It was sloppy, careless play. And I must admit, this was one of Coach Skiles' worst games. Turnovers killed us, and so did foul trouble. We should have won this game BIG but we turned it over too damn much. It's as simple as that.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
Chris Duhon killed us:

He threw away the in bound pass.
He left Martin wide open for the shot.
He dribbles the ball off his foot on the final possession.

Remember when this guy let the ball hit him in the back from an inbound pass in last years playoff game?

Why was Gordon not in for him? Skiles was horrible tonight.
Jordan4life_2007
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 3 2006, 11:32 PM) *
Low post scoring did not hurt the Bulls tonight. It was sloppy, careless play. And I must admit, this was one of Coach Skiles' worst games. Turnovers killed us, and so did foul trouble. We should have won this game BIG but we turned it over too damn much. It's as simple as that.

No low-post scoring does hurt when you shoot like 40% from the field. This is gonna be a major issue all year long. I'm not saying that's the main reason, though. You pretty much covered that.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:58 PM) *
No low-post scoring does hurt when you shoot like 40% from the field. This is gonna be a major issue all year long. I'm not saying that's the main reason, though. You pretty much covered that.

You have to give credit to the defense the Kings' played though.
bulls91
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Nov 3 2006, 10:40 PM) *
Chris Duhon killed us:

He threw away the in bound pass.
He left Martin wide open for the shot.
He dribbles the ball off his foot on the final possession.

Remember when this guy let the ball hit him in the back from an inbound pass in last years playoff game?

Why was Gordon not in for him? Skiles was horrible tonight.

the refs were the worst mad.gif
Butterbean10
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Nov 4 2006, 12:10 AM) *
the refs were the worst mad.gif

Oh man!! I can't even blame that on the refs! Up 8 with 2+ minutes to go? Lack of togetherness if you ask me. But all of these posts seem on point. My view is Nocc needs to start over PJ, PJ needs to back up the Body, Sef needs more PT, Thomas needs to hurry up and get acclimated to the game and learn to play in the paint, Kirk needs to play superstar minutes. Duhon had a meltdown for sure, but he shouldn't have been in the game UNLESS Gordon fouled out (which I can't remember if he did). We still have the stuff to go a long way. WE just need to revamp the rotation IMO...
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Where was Gordon?
Now dont get me wrong, I love Du, and he has played well in the 3 games (minus the last 2 minutes last night) but I think in those pressure situations we needed our starting lineup in there. Deng had a great game, Wallace had a great game, and Noch had a great 4th quarter. Everything just looked sloppy and rushed. I wish they would slow it down a bit cuz that game so back and forth up and down the floor.
Needless to say, that was a very frustrating game banghead.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Man I missed the game... I saw that Duhon just threw the ball away and Artest just went off in the 4th.. From the ESPN highlights.. Well this sucks were 1-2 and I guess were not who we thought we were biggrin.gif
TrueFan
Hey, the season is just "starting", it is too early to catergorize this team.^^^ Let 10 more games pass, then you will have a point.

Anyway Duhon should not have been in the game. In clutch situations he has a history of making bad decisions in clutch situations. The ball should have been in Gordon or Kirks hands.
spencer958
They need some time to gel. We have a lot of new faces, give them some time. I think Gordon finished with 5 fouls and was in foul trouble all night. He never got anything going and Skiles wasn't going to put him in for one play(even though I would have).
The Dude Abides
Dick Bavetta happened. I swear everytime he officiates a Bulls game-they loose! The game was called so uneven, especially in the 2nd half. So many fouls called on the Bulls were BS, but they were not calling those same fouls on the Kings.
The Bulls were in the penalty with over 9 mins left into the 3rd quarter, that was huge to let the kings back in the game.

Plus, Duhon's mental meltdown throwing the ball out of bounds, then dribbling it away basically lost th game when it was in our hands. Problem is Duhon thinks he is more important than he is at times and tries to do too much.

Bulls need a consistent scorer. Deng looks like he could be that guy, but we also need Kirk and Ben to be more consistent. Gordon has basically been invisible this season.

As good of a job Pax did this pre season, we still do not have a low post scorer. This could be our achilles heel. When the team is shooting poorly, sometimes having a big man who can post up can right the ship.
Steve9347
QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ Nov 3 2006, 10:21 PM) *
What the hell just happened?????

Chris Duhon.
TeaLeafReaderII
PJ looked REALLY old out their...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 6 2006, 12:46 PM) *
PJ looked REALLY old out their...

The latest rumble is for Noc to go into the starting line up for Brown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.