Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson Chandler
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Holy cow I looked up his stats so far and he is averaging 7 ppg and 11.7 rpbg. His points are still down but wow thats good for him down in NOK. Im still sad we let him go..
hinrich fan
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 7 2006, 10:29 PM) *
Holy cow I looked up his stats so far and he is averaging 7 ppg and 11.7 rpbg. His points are still down but wow thats good for him down in NOK. Im still sad we let him go..

I kinda miss Tys...but not sad to see Pax let that contract go...and to think Elton Brand could've been a Bull...talk about pieces to the puzzle...
Jordan4life_2007
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 7 2006, 10:29 PM) *

This isn't the first time Chandler has put together 3 or 4 good games in a row. Consistency is the key, my friend. Let's see what he's doing a month from now. If he's still averaging around 12 rpg, so be it. I'm more than happy with what we have right now. And let's not forget that there's a really good chance we're gonna end up with one of Oden/Durant/Noah. Atleast those are the top 3 guys I would want in order. The Knicks are a lock to lose 55-60 games, IMO.
spencer958
I kinda miss Tyson, and I wish him well. That being said I'm very happy with the team we have now
so he had to go. It's better for both.
hammerhead johnson
He has 21 offensive rebounds through four games, and 50 rebounds altogether.

The Hornets are 4-0. Coincidence? biggrin.gif

That's just a damn good team, though. Byron Scott is a quality defensive-minded head coach who gets the most out of his players, Chris Paul is absolutely amazing, Desmond Mason and Linton Johnson provide plenty of perimiter defense, David West is an effective mid-range scoring option, Bobby Jackson is the best backup PG in the NBA, and Peja can be a lethal offensive option when he's on. My 45 to 50 win prediction may actually be right on the money by the time all is said and done. It was wishful thinking at the time, no doubt.

Chandler is vital to what they are doing. They've been suffocating teams on the glass, and that's with a tweener out of the PF slot in David West. Cedric Simmons and Hilton Armstrong haven't seen much playing time thus far. They're killing teams on the glass despite the fact that they have no beef in the paint.

Expect a letdown against elite teams like San Antonio and Dallas, of course. But otherwise, I see them defeating confused teams like Houston, Memphis, etc. IMO, the only Western Conference teams that are better are San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, LA Clippers, and a healthy Denver squad.
Tony82087
Big Ben has really helped me forget about Tyson.
DrunkBomber
Hows Chandler doing with the new technical rule. I havent seen him play yet but from what I remember he would get t'd up a lot.
DutheDoduhon21
i miss tyson alot too, im glad hes doin good with the hornets, and i hope it continues, he always brought so much energy with him even if he wasnt scoring points he was making a difference
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Chris Paul is becoming a "Superstar" he is a star right now but he has to bring his team to the Playoffs and atleast win a series to become a Superstar IMO. He makes all the difference for them. He scores while making 10 assists a game while playing terrific defense. Chandler helps alot on the boards and they have somewhat of a go to guy down low in David West, something we didnt have last year. If they stay consistent, certainly they will have their letdowns they should win anywhere from 45-50 games this season.
SoxFan1
I know Tyson got T'd up last night.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 8 2006, 04:48 PM) *
Chris Paul is becoming a "Superstar" he is a star right now but he has to bring his team to the Playoffs and atleast win a series to become a Superstar IMO.

He's already a top 4 PG in the NBA along with Nash, Kidd, and Billups.

As far as having to take your team to the playoffs and win a series to qualify as a superstar, I'll never buy that. This is a team game. Individuals ain't gonna win you jack.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 8 2006, 05:56 PM) *
I know Tyson got T'd up last night.

Yep. Him and Magloire got into it, as they did last year in the Bulls vs. Bucks games. Tyson was playing pissed off the entire night, and as soon as the refs called a silly foul on him, he went off.

You can't knock a guy for being passionate, but he cost them the game last night. I didn't actually see this one, but numerous sources have indicated that he was really making it hard for Zach Randolph to score, which as y'all know, is absolutely pertinent if you expect to beat the Blazers. The Hornets were up by 27 going into the second quarter, but as soon as Tyson got hit with a couple of fouls, he went to the bench and the Blazers started to come back.

It's half unharnessed aggressiveness/half maturity issues, although it's hard to tell a guy to stop playing with so much passion. Tyson really wants to win, which is just one of the many reasons why I love the guy. That said, he's gonna have to keep that 15 technical foul limit in mind, because the Hornets can not afford to have their rebounding monster missing games down the stretch.

Chris Paul and Bobby Jackson got T'd up as well during the course of that game. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it sounds like the refs did their absolute best to make an actual game out of it. It should have been like a 20 point blowout, especially with Brandon Roy on the bench. If you talk to any Blazers fan, you'll find out that Brandon Roy is the guy that makes that team tick. Without him, they are hopeless.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Nov 11 2006, 04:04 PM) *
He's already a top 4 PG in the NBA along with Nash, Kidd, and Billups.

As far as having to take your team to the playoffs and win a series to qualify as a superstar, I'll never buy that. This is a team game. Individuals ain't gonna win you jack.

Well then dont buy it, its my opinion and im sticking to it.
sport1016
CP3 is a star, but you can't call him a superstar yet for one reason and one reason only.

If the guy hasn't been an all-star yet and isn't a lock to be one, you can't call him a superstar. The guy may get left off with nash a lock and parker having a great season and Bibby long overdue too.

The guys that are superstars basically are the nba. If you're not a lock to represent it during the all-star game, you're not a superstar. I think he'll be an all-star, but if some of those three went and he didn't, it wouldn't be a crime or anything. So he can't be a superstar yet.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 14 2006, 04:54 AM) *
CP3 is a star, but you can't call him a superstar yet for one reason and one reason only.

If the guy hasn't been an all-star yet and isn't a lock to be one, you can't call him a superstar. The guy may get left off with nash a lock and parker having a great season and Bibby long overdue too.

The guys that are superstars basically are the nba. If you're not a lock to represent it during the all-star game, you're not a superstar. I think he'll be an all-star, but if some of those three went and he didn't, it wouldn't be a crime or anything. So he can't be a superstar yet.

Ridiculous reasoning right here. Who gives a damn about all star games.

Some of you guys keep stepping into the same traps over and over again. He ain't a superstar until he does something in the playoffs? My ass. You win as a team. This ain't one-on-one streetball we're talking about here.

All star games couldn't possibly be any more meaningless. You never use something like that to justify whether or not a guy is a superstar.

Step away from the glamour and glitz for a moment and watch some freaking games. You can make an argument that Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA as of now, and it wouldn't be that far-fetched. All star games are for the kiddies. There ain't no real NBA fans investing any time in that nonsense.
Chisoxfn
I just hope we can package PJ Brown, Ben Gordon and the Knicks pick (or Tyrus Thomas) for a legit big. I still wish we went after Drew Gooden (who is kicking butt). There is also Zach Randolph who is doing good but has had attitude issues.

Still I really don't even care if they can't play much D, cause all our other guys are good defensively...if they can score down low and board get them over here.

We drastically need someone that can score down low, its so painfully obvious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.