Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls vs Cavs Game Recap....CBF....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF your talkbulls anaylist/writer

UGLY! You can explain that game in one word. Despite Clevelands pure luck we did play terrible defense. We stayed with them untill about the end of the first where the luck began. Gooden threw shots out of his butt. Sure most of them were wide open but 10-13 is just pure luck I dont care if anyones guarding you or not. Hell Verajao was shooting 18 footers. Basically Cleveland just had their way and it was flat out embarassing to the Bulls and to us fans. The question im wondering now is.. Did we pay Ben Wallace to get 4 ppg 9 rpg and 2 bpg with 16 million dollars? If that was the case then Tyson could better that. Im not saying it was the wrong move because I like Big Ben and its way too early to say but its a question we are left with.

Another obvious question I want to talk about is, Ben Gordon. I thought he would be alot better this year but he isnt going to and its quite evident. He is the most inconsistent player in the NBA and thats why I think we need to trade him. And do it NOW when you can get something for him like a young talented Power forward. Sefolosha is a better fit for this team. His passing is eyepopping to me and while he is still raw atleast you know he is consistent and can only get better. Gordon will get 8 points one game 30 the next 23 after that and then like 7 points the next game. The Bulls want to win now and there not going to if they have inconsistency. Charles Barkley is right, the Bulls cant go into EVERY game thinking they can shutdown every team with their defense because its not going to happen. They need somebody that can score. We need to trade Ben Gordon for probably a talented young power forward.

Their going to continue to struggle unless we get consistency and its not going to happen from Ben Gordon. We can afford to let Tyrus and Sef grow but Gordon should know the league by now and he should be scoring consistently 16 points every game. Paxson has a lot of questions to answer about his team, is this enough for them to win? I dont think so..
SoxFan1
Blaming Ben Wallace is not the problem. He shouldn't be guarding Ilgauskas in the 1st place. PJ against Big Z and Ben against Gooden would have made far better matchups.

The Bulls need to put this game behind them. There is nothig you can do when the opposition shoots 60%.
Jordan4life_2007
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 9 2006, 09:52 PM) *
Blaming Ben Wallace is not the problem. He shouldn't be guarding Ilgauskas in the 1st place. PJ against Big Z and Ben against Gooden would have made far better matchups.

The Bulls need to put this game behind them. There is nothig you can do when the opposition shoots 60%.

That's what everybody said after the Orlando game. This is the second time in 5 games we've gotten absolutely lit up on defense. Elite defensive teams don't allow that to happen.
Balta1701-B
Look folks, the only thing we've learned thus far from this season is that there doesn't seem to be anyone who looks as good in the regular season as Detroit looked last year. There seems to be more parity. But beyond that, a lot of teams are playing over their heads, a lot are playing well under their heads.

Let's let things sort out before we proclaim this defense as lost. Almost anyone should have known that this team was going to take a while to come together; it has a lot of new, key parts compared to last year. Yes the games count now, but we're not nearly finished.
HoofHearted
It would be nice to see the 30 or so absolutely terrible, disgusting, stupid, shots our team takes every game fall down. Ball movement has been terrible so far this season, and the attempting of unnecessarily rushed/difficult shots has been abundant. Skiles needs to whoop some ass, and lock this team down.
Chi-town23-33
Wow, I hate to admit it, but that is completely the type of game I was expecting.

Number 1: LeBron.
Every since he has gotten to the league, the Bulls have not been able to do anything with him. It seems to me like the Jordan years in reverse, where they were the balanced, but very talented team, while we had two superb players with a bunch of role-players. Until we get a star player, expect games like this between the Bulls and Cavaliers.

Number 2: Ben Gordon
First off, everyone is wrong. Ben Gordon is consistent. I can constantly pencil him in for a terrible game one night, and 30+ the next night, all season long. He's like clockwork, but not in a good way. From now on I want BG7's first shot of everygame to be on a drive to the basket. He says he's been working on getting to the basket, but only does that WHEN his jumpshot is falling. Start with the drives first and everything will open up. Although sometimes I notices he will drive and not get the call, but if he does it more frequently that problem will take care of itself.

Kirk had a great game, Nocioni was good, and Deng had another quiet, but effective night.

I also think Thabo needs more playing time. If he could develop a more consistent jumpshot, I could see him being our starting two-guard in the future. He is already an active defender and a very good slasher. I also never knew he possessed court vision THIS GOOD. He has a bright future.

Tyrus will also be very good with more time, but he will need to recover fully from the broken nose first. But you have got to love that hustle.
WHarris1
Haha I missed the game but looks like Gordon was en fuego.
spencer958
They need to work on team D, which will get better as the year goes on.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (spencer958 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:34 AM) *

There's the kicker.

The reason the Bulls looked so good against the Heat was that they played damn good, trapping, hard defense, and it led to a bunch of wide open/fast break type baskets. That is exactly what the Bulls need to do all year...get the opponent's FG percentage down, so that the steals and rebounds turn into easy baskets.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 10 2006, 11:12 AM) *
There's the kicker.

The reason the Bulls looked so good against the Heat was that they played damn good, trapping, hard defense, and it led to a bunch of wide open/fast break type baskets. That is exactly what the Bulls need to do all year...get the opponent's FG percentage down, so that the steals and rebounds turn into easy baskets.

The Bulls style of defense is always going to have problems against athletic teams, especially when there is a big size advantage to go with the athleticism, just like the Cavs have. We are going to have big problems with teams like Cleveland, Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta etc. The older teams that don't move the ball around as much, and don't posess the slashing ability are the teams that are going to be vulnerable to the Bulls.
Bullies4Ever
Thabo and Lebron were standing next to eachother, and they were pretty much exactly the same size. I looked at the shoulders and everything, and it was a great camera angle. Thabo looks like he's 6'8.
Bullseye
QUOTE (spencer958 @ Nov 10 2006, 09:34 AM) *

ding ding ding!!! snr.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.