Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben Wallace's numbers...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
72-10
It may still be early in the season, but I cant help being somewhat dissapointed by Big Ben. He went out of his way to state that he was not over his prime and still had a "chip on his shoulder." The games in which he plays well excite me and make me grateful for us having him...but he is not very consistant thus far and a lot of the big men he should be stopping are plowing right over us, costing us a lot of games. Should we be worried?
SoxFan1
7 games into the season, I'm not worried. Once we get into rhythm with a steady lineup every night, and once Ben communicated better with his PF, we'll be fine.
TeaLeafReaderII
Just for fun:

Ben Wallace
35.9 minutes per game
10 RPG
1.3 BPG
5.7 points per game
2 fouls per game

Tyson chandler
28.5 minutes per game
11.4 RPG
.8 BPG
6.1 points per game
3 fouls per game

you would hope the gulf would be bigger... hopefully Ben will start pulling away. It is still early.
madisonsmadhouse
Its too early to be disappointed.
spencer958
It's too early, I think both Ben's will come around and get us going.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He has lost a step there is no question but he will still be extremley productive and probably win another DPOY award. It will take him a while to get used to this Bulls team but he is adjusting well from what I have seen the last few games. Give him time, I believe he will be fine.
72-10
i have bright hopes too...but we just got whooped by Yoa....Ben was mopepd up by him. No good D again. I hope you are all right.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (72-10 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:20 PM) *
i have bright hopes too...but we just got whooped by Yoa....Ben was mopepd up by him. No good D again. I hope you are all right.

Just wondering, but did you watch the entire game?
soxfan101
I thought Ben Wallace did a pretty good job on Yao.... Im more dissapointed in PJ Brown. The guy has been horrific offensively and his defense has only been so so. When he is in the starting lineup we get 0 offense down low.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Big Ben has had a couple of stellar nights and some off nights. What do you expect when you come into a new team. They are still finding themselves and learning how to play together, afterall there are 8 new faces. Big Ben and the Bulls will come around. They always do. Lets just be patient...
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Nov 17 2006, 01:05 PM) *
I thought Ben Wallace did a pretty good job on Yao.... Im more dissapointed in PJ Brown. The guy has been horrific offensively and his defense has only been so so. When he is in the starting lineup we get 0 offense down low.

He is almost 40... and on is on the last year of his last big contract. If you're disappointed, your expectation were unrealistic.
Wanne
I was gonna ask this...exactly what is Ben bringing that Tyson couldn't?!?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 17 2006, 03:58 PM) *
I was gonna ask this...exactly what is Ben bringing that Tyson couldn't?!?

he gets more steals, more minutes, and less fouls...

although given time to mature... Tyson might have done the same.

best part of the deal is not letting detroit have him. huh.gif
DutheDoduhon21
ben left yesterdays game because he has a right bicep strain, so maybe thats bothering him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He looked like he could care less yesterday..
SoxFan1
10 boards and 4 blocks tonight, 5 steals the other night...I'm not worried.
SoxFan1
All I have to say is no way you can blame Wallace for the Bulls' problems so far. Another good game, with 13 boards, 2 blocks, and a steal. But he also provides you with things you dont see on the box score. All the passes he tips coming down low, for example.
WHarris1
There is a helluva lot more to defense than steals and blocks.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:51 PM) *
There is a helluva lot more to defense than steals and blocks.

And rebounds.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:49 PM) *
But he also provides you with things you dont see on the box score. All the passes he tips coming down low, for example.
WHarris1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:52 PM) *
And rebounds.

Was just confirming your point, well said.
SoxFan1
It also pisses me off that no one talks about how easily the guards let their man get past them. Instead, everyone blames Wallace for the opponent's amount of points in the paint.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:52 PM) *
Was just confirming your point, well said.

Gotcha, my fault.
WHarris1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:54 PM) *
It also pisses me off that no one talks about how easily the guards let their man get past them. Instead, everyone blames Wallace for the opponent's amount of points in the paint.
Gotcha, my fault.

Ya, they were talking about that before the game.

Ben kinda has to play all over the place because of the ridiculous amount of help he needs to supply.
RME JICO
Interesting tidbit from Elias:
Andrew Bynum scored 12 points with 13 rebounds in the Lakers' 82-72 win over the Bulls. It was the third consecutive game in which a center starting opposite Ben Wallace had at least 12 points and 12 boards. There was no month last season in which Wallace's opposing centers had more than one such game.
72-10
I totally agree with whoever said the gaurds and some others are not ding their job on D. The more you watch the games, the more clearly it is visible that people are just getting inside way too easy on us, and yes, Walalce cannot be accountable for every defensive play on the floor.
hammerhead johnson
Big Ben has been great, but people tend to fly right past Ben Gordon and Luol Deng, so when he rotates, that tends to leave opposing centers wide open down low. See the Dampier game if you require evidence. That tid bit RME JICO posted shouldn't mean jack to any serious Bulls fans. It goes a hell of a lot deeper than Wallace vs. opposing centers.

Luol has them long arms that can wreak havoc on your outside shot, but he just doesn't have the foot speed to stop people from penetrating. You can live with that if you ship Ben Gordon the hell out of here, though.
Jeckle2000
Big Ben is a decent power forward but we need a more dominant presence at C... We are too undersized...
Chisoxfn
I hate how Ben just stands around on offense. He needs to be agressive and just force up some stuff cause we get him the ball in amazing position and he does nothing with it. Because of that no one has to even come close to him.

He's got to force the issue from time to time or just always try to throw it down when he gets amazing position. He may not make it that often, but it will keep the defense honest.
spencer958
Another good thing about Ben is his passing. I think he's averaging about 2 apg, which could be
more if the Bulls were knocking down more shots.
RememberThe90's
Wow, Big Ben just tearin it up tonight huh.... banghead.gif
72-10
everyone here is very insightful and has the "in"...so does anyone have any idea why big ben dint play very much at all tonight (VS. PHI)?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (72-10 @ Nov 24 2006, 07:07 PM) *
everyone here is very insightful and has the "in"...so does anyone have any idea why big ben dint play very much at all tonight (VS. PHI)?

Bicep?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Because he couldnt manage to get a rebound or 1 point in 20 minutes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.