Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Four!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Wow, I wished George Mason would have came out to play today, they got blown out and it was never even a game.

Dang Im watching the LSU game now and its another blowout, right now its 35-19.
GO LSU!!!!
madisonsmadhouse
That was a terrible final 4. Neither game had any drama at all. As sad as it was, I ended up watching the Bulls and Hawks while daydreaming about the White Sox. sleep2.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2 2006, 12:14 PM)
That was a terrible final 4. Neither game had any drama at all. As sad as it was, I ended up watching the Bulls and Hawks while daydreaming about the White Sox. sleep2.gif

lol me too, but dont you mean the Bulls and Celtics?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 01:11 PM)
lol me too, but dont you mean the Bulls and Celtics?

Nah, I watched both the Bulls/Celtics, and the Blackhawks/Blue Jackets games.
Chisoxfn
Since I'm rooting for UCLA I had no problem with it, but both games were total whoopings.

I got to think Florida will pull it out, but the Bruins are playing strong. I just think Florida has too many talented athletes.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2 2006, 05:02 PM)
Since I'm rooting for UCLA I had no problem with it, but both games were total whoopings.

I got to think Florida will pull it out, but the Bruins are playing strong. I just think Florida has too many talented athletes.

I said that the last two games they played, and we know how that turned out. tongue.gif

I haven't been too impressed with their play, but they seem to have a knack for forcing the other team into extremely bad performances. I probably should have expected Memphis to eventually suffer from their lack of a post presence and an over-dependence on 3's, or LSU's lack of a true PG or any kind of jumpshooting threat. I still am picking UCLA to lose, but they seem to keep winning just to spite me.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 3 2006, 09:46 AM)
I said that the last two games they played, and we know how that turned out. tongue.gif

I haven't been too impressed with their play, but they seem to have a knack for forcing the other team into extremely bad performances. I probably should have expected Memphis to eventually suffer from their lack of a post presence and an over-dependence on 3's, or LSU's lack of a true PG or any kind of jumpshooting threat. I still am picking UCLA to lose, but they seem to keep winning just to spite me.

Thats just cause you haven't listened to me. I've been spot on biggrin.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3 2006, 11:52 AM)
Thats just cause you haven't listened to me. I've been spot on biggrin.gif

They haven't exactly been lighting it up on the scoreboard, which is what I thought would kill them. Their defense has been pretty good thus far, although I thought LSU sucking had more to do with it than LSU's defense (Davis missed about 5 layups, and they couldn't hit a jumper to save their life). They're getting by though, kind of like Illinois and Iowa were for a while.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 3 2006, 10:00 AM)
They haven't exactly been lighting it up on the scoreboard, which is what I thought would kill them. Their defense has been pretty good thus far, although I thought LSU sucking had more to do with it than LSU's defense (Davis missed about 5 layups, and they couldn't hit a jumper to save their life). They're getting by though, kind of like Illinois and Iowa were for a while.

Ya, they just choked (especially Iowa). UCLA has far more weapons on offense though. They have good athletes and while they don't score a lot, part of it is by strategy.

They played an up tempo game against LSU and beat them at it, which was impressive. So not only can they win in a half court fashion, they can also run with teams and win.

However if they ran with LSU and it wasn't working, I guarantee they would have turned it into a half court game and tried to get LSU out of there game.

I just think Florida is capable of both, but I wouldn't bet against this UCLA team (or Florida). The Gators have been the most dominant team in the tourney though, imo.
ZoomSlowik
UCLA seems to be getting more contributions from more players than they were late in the season. They were playing about 7 guys consistently instead of 9 or 10, and some of those guys weren't doing much. It was basically Afflalo, Farmar, and Mbah a Moute with occasional help from others before. Their bench has been playing better in the tourney.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 3 2006, 10:15 AM)
UCLA seems to be getting more contributions from more players than they were late in the season. They were playing about 7 guys consistently instead of 9 or 10, and some of those guys weren't doing much. It was basically Afflalo, Farmar, and Mbah a Moute with occasional help from others before. Their bench has been playing better in the tourney.

You can't forget about Hollins. He really came on late in the season, but there guard play is very good and they have vet leadership out of guys like Bozeman.

The big thing is they have a coach whose no nonsense. Howland doesn't recruit guys that want to be flashy, he recruits guys that will be willing to sacrifice a bit of offense by focusing on the defense and becoming a good passer and good shooters as opposed to trying a bunch of acrobatic dunks.

In a few years time, people getting drafted out of UCLA are going to be some of the better fundemental players in the NBA.
madisonsmadhouse
Good game so far. Florida looking tough at the half.
Chisoxfn
Florida in a route is exactly whats happening. Well for the most part. I told you the time for UCLA's loss was now Zoom biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
Congrats to the Florida Gators! This kid proved me wrong by picking the Gators to win it all. But it's cool, he owe's me 5 bucks because Brian Anderson started in CF. wink.gif
madisonsmadhouse
For as good as the tourney was, the Final Four was that bad. There wasn't a decent game to be found, all 3 of them ended up being blowouts. Yawn. sleep2.gif
Da Bulls 88
I enjoyed watching the Final Four. But c'mon none of them were even close. sleep2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.