Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JR Smith
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pippen Aint Easy
Nah, we didn't need this guy. We got plenty of scoring options on this team. We didn't need a 6'6 guard who can score when we're behind in games.

Someone remind me why we had no room for this guy, and why we gave him away?
Chisoxfn
Right now with our serious lack of offensive ability, Smith would look awful good. The man can shoot, has the ability to get to the rim and could be a good defensive player (although right now he's an awful one).

But man, he could have been an offensive force teamed up with Deng. I really don't see him much less than Gordon (although Gordon has a superior attitude and work ethic). But both Gordon and Smith are all offense, no defense guys.

I will admit, Gordon has really improved in a lot of areas this year and when he finds his shot he'll be a pretty nice player. That said I want to move him cause he's the one guy I think we should move to get a big or a legit 2 that can fill the bucket.
RME JICO
JR Smith continues to impress. I just saw him on ESPN News the other day and from the interview, he seemed like a decent kid. He was asked about the Chicago trade, and he said he never even got a chance. When he initially found out about the trade to the Bulls, he was extremely excited. This is one move that it looks like Pax messed up big on. The Bulls could really use a consistent scoring threat, and if they had to trade him, they should have gotten more (just like the Tim Thomas move).

During the interview they also mentioned that he helped with Hurricane Katrina relief and is also doing charity work in Denver. I thought this guy was a bad apple? I believed he had a bad attitude from all the rumors flying around, but it looks like they were not entirely accurate.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Paxson made a terrible move on this but I can see why he might not have been a great fit in Chi Town. His attitude and lazyness on defense wouldnt have fit with Skiles. But I dont care we need some offense not defense.
Bullseye
They should have at least kept him to see what he does. If was a lazy bum in practice, and such, then just package him up and trade, but if shows good attitude, and performs well, he could platoon with Shefolosha, and Gordon would be even more expandable.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 10 2006, 10:46 AM) *
Paxson made a terrible move on this but I can see why he might not have been a great fit in Chi Town. His attitude and lazyness on defense wouldnt have fit with Skiles. But I dont care we need some offense not defense.

if he can play for george karl he can play for scott skiles, imo
CubbiesFan07
7 games in a row

be quiet
Chisoxfn
God could you imagine him Deng and Noc all in a lineup with Hinrich. Ya, Smith isn't great defensively but I still say that with Hinrich/Deng/Noc/Wallace all around him he'd be not only more motivated to play defense but we'd have the ability to get away with a poor defender on the floor (plus its not like he'd be that much worse than Gordon defensively).

This is definately a move that got away from Pax. Now I don't know if he would have fit with Skiles but Smith always had the skills and he's looking like an absolute star in Denver (albet thats the perfect system for him to play in).
CubbiesFan07
id rather have ben gordon > jr smith

just my thoughts. gordon does take stupid shots, but does help out in the game. so.

IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.