Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trades Revisited...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullseye
I didn't like either of these trades when they first happened: LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas and Viktor Khryapa; and J.R. Smith for two 2nd round picks. I thought both were bad trades, but I hoped I was wrong. Lets revisit these trades...

Viktor Khryapa & Tryus Thomas: 4.8 PPG, 18.2 MPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.7 APG

vs.

LaMarcus Aldridge: 10.3 PPG, 25.4 MPG, 6 RPG, .7 APG

-------

J.R. Smith: 16.1 PPG, 29.4 MPG, 2.7 RPG, 1.7 APG

vs.

Adrian Griffin: 2 PPG, 8.8 MPG, 1.3 RPG, 1.2 APG
(and the great potential of two second round picks!)

Our starting lineup could look something like this right now...

C: Wallace
PF: Aldridge/Brown
SF: Deng/Nocioni
SG: Gordon/Smith/Shefolosha
PG: Hinrich

If Smith was kept, it would make Gordon even that much more expandable. Also, Smith can shoot the three and drive to the basket, and has the potential to become a decent defensive player. And while I like Khryapa and Thomas's potential, Aldridge 10 PPG and low post scoring, along with his potential, would look pretty nice right now. And Adrian Griffin's "veteran leadership" isn't a need.

Thoughts?
hinrich fan
I do like JR and think he's got lots of potential...but would he have really played that much in Skiles' system??? JR is inconsistent on defense and the reason New Orleans traded him was because they were unsatisfied with his work ethic...I do feel we should NOT have moved JR for the sake of moving him...because the Bulls didn't get jack squat in return. If you recall JR was once a first-rounder even if it was the 19th pick...
Bullseye
Defensive Lineup:
PF: Brown
SF: Nocioni
SG: Shefolosha

Offensive Lineup:
PF: Aldridge
SF: Deng
SG: Smith/Gordon
PG: Hinrich/Gordon

We could package Gordon for another big or even a 1st round draft pick, while not worring about losing that much offense.
hinrich fan
QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 23 2006, 08:45 PM) *
Defensive Lineup:
PF: Brown
SF: Nocioni
SG: Shefolosha

Offensive Lineup:
PF: Aldridge
SF: Deng
SG: Smith/Gordon
PG: Hinrich/Gordon

We could package Gordon for another big or even a 1st round draft pick, while not worring about losing that much offense.

Do you really think Pax wants to move Gordon??? Never say never...cuz the right trade may always come along...but I don't see Gordon leaving anytime soon...He's part of the core Pax is trying to mold into champs...though the mold is breaking on the circus trip...
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Nov 23 2006, 08:48 PM) *
Do you really think Pax wants to move Gordon???.

One can only hope.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Nov 24 2006, 06:59 PM) *
One can only hope.

I must say, even as a guy who really liked Gordon, he's really really really trying my patience. It might be time to start looking at dumping him on someone else, to see if someone else can get the potential in that shot turned into performance. As pretty of a shot as he has, it's just remarkable how inconsistent he has been.
TrueFan
If bulls trade Gordon, watch the bulls fall even flatter over their faces. Everyone is so quick to want to trade him. I don't get it. And for all you people thinking that hinrich is the answer. Please think again!
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (TrueFan @ Nov 25 2006, 10:44 AM) *
If bulls trade Gordon, watch the bulls fall even flatter over their faces. Everyone is so quick to want to trade him. I don't get it. And for all you people thinking that hinrich is the answer. Please think again!

Gordon is an enigma. Too short for the 2 guard, not a good enough ball handler for the point. He doesn't
have an explosive first step, and is pretty much a non factor when his shot is off. I have no problem selling Gordon if the price is right.
Wanne
I think you could look even further at instead of Aldrige instead of Thomas...you could put Morrison on that list too. Bottom line is the Bulls need a scorer. If Pax would have taken Morrison you could have made a nice package starting with Gordon. That on top of keeping JR Smith.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Morrison is a small forward. We need to get rid of some of ours.. Deng, Noc, Thomas, Khryapa...
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 26 2006, 02:12 PM) *
Morrison is a small forward. We need to get rid of some of ours.. Deng, Noc, Thomas, Khryapa...

Morrison is a scorer. Thomas wouldn't be in the list if Pax would have taken Morrison. A package with Gordon would have obviously included Deng or Noc. That's all I was saying. A little more flexibility with having a scorer with Morrison is all.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Unless we traded Gordon, Nocioni and that 2nd pick for Morrison and Okafur I wouldnt have drafted Morrison.Morrison will probably be a premiere scorer in the NBA but its unfortunate how many SF's we have.
SoxFan1
LaMarcus Aldridge sure would look good in a Bulls uni now, huh?
Bullseye
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 27 2006, 10:55 AM) *
LaMarcus Aldridge sure would look good in a Bulls uni now, huh?

Yeah, I kinda already said that. Get some of your own lines! biggrin.gif
eddog2
Morrison is a decent scorer, but no way I take him over Deng. The Bulls need no Adam Morrison on this team. Morrison does nothing besides score. He doesn't rebound, and he defense sucks. I take Gordon & Nocioni and the pick before I take Okafor & Morrison.

There are things the Bulls need, but Morrison isn't one of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.