Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skiles on the hot seat???
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
hinrich fan
Caught this surfing....I love Skiles and think he's the coach the Bulls need. We all know this circus road trip is a pain in the ass... but is Skiles feeling a little heat??? After all, I'll bet nobody on this board thought the Bulls would be 3-8 at this point...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_19562.shtml
CryptViLL
skiles is the man.
no hot seat, yet.
DutheDoduhon21
theres no way.
its too early anyway, hes not going anywhere
Balta1701-B
Talk to me in 2008 if the Bulls are still struggling. Waaay to freaking early.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
If they continue to struggle beyond 15 games below .500 then yes he will be fired IMO
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 24 2006, 01:16 PM) *
If they continue to struggle beyond 15 games below .500 then yes he will be fired IMO

This team could finish 30 games below .500 this year and I would still want Scott Skiles coaching it in 2007-2008.

Let's not forget, this is still an ungodly young team. Deng, Hinrich, TT, Sefolosha, Duhon, and yes, Ben Gordon...not one of them has hit that "25-27, 5-6 years after they start in the NBA" peak age/playing time. This team is only going to get better as these guys grow into it. And no matter what, I'll almost guarantee you that the Bulls and Knicks will not both make the playoffs this year, so there's another draft pick in the mix next year.

Ben Wallace's job is half to make us competitive now, and half to be a teacher, so that this team can keep growing. The same goes for Skiles...keep these guys working their asses off and see what happens. At least for 1 more year, that's what we have to do.
eddog2
Barring multiple major injuries, if the Bulls don't make the playoffs, and if Skiles isn't fired, I might stop watching the Bulls.

Seriously, with the team we have, the pieces, the talent, if you can't make the playoffs after making it for 2 seasons, Skiles needs to go. If I were Paxson, I'd let him play it out until after the all-star break but if we are out of the playoff hunt I'd get rid of him. Maybe get Larry Brown to come to town? Larry Brown would do a good job coaching our players. Plus Ben Wallace loves him. He didn't do good in New York b/c he doens't like me first players. He would like our team.

I didn't like Skiles management of games last year or the year before and I sure as hell don't like it this year. Skiles seems to think any 5 players he plays will produce a W and that just isn't the case. Unless he realizes that it's talent and not necessarily the system that produces W's he needs to go. Duhon over Gordon? are you serious? Songaila over Chandler? What's next, Griffin over Hinrich?
madisonsmadhouse
Skiles isn't going anywhere. IMO, Pax would be in more trouble for not getting us a center for two years now, and he isn't in any trouble either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.