Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larry Brown
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
I'm officially starting the Skiles for Brown campaign. Anybody willing to join me?

There's no reason we shouldn't be close to as good as the Piston's were a couple of years ago. We have the talent. We have the bench. What are we missing?

A real coach! Someone who knows how to manage a game and his ego. Which Skiles either doesn't know how to do or he has simply not gotten into coaching shape. Maybe the problem with the Bulls is that Skiles comes into the season out of coaching shape. His ego not ready to be controlled and unprepared to manage a game. Then as the season progresses he on day wakes up and realizes, wholly spiff, if I don't start coaching better, we won't make the playoffs. Then some miracle transformation and wow, the Bulls start winning.

Skiles needs to quit blaming the players and take the blame himself. Better yet he needs to quit managing a game so poorly, that blame would even come his way. He needs to play his starters 30+ minutes each and live with the results. If your starters can't get it done then it's obvious the Bulls can't get it done. Until he gives them the PT on a consistent bases and sticks with a main starting lineup (which he also uses in the 4th quarter), I'm going to be pointing my finger his way for each and every loss the Bulls have this year.
Wanne
Interesting thought. But let me ask you...do you think Pax would bring in somebody he'd bang heads with in regards to personel? In theory it may sound good...but you're just asking for trouble down the road hiring Brown IMO. I do think Brown would work better with the type of player that Pax likes instead of Isiah's crap...which would be a big plus. Interesting concept though. Not like Brown really needs a big contract right now either.
Balta1701-B
"Oh Jesus God No."

Again, talk to me after 2007-2008.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow, Hell yes! Even if Larry Brown leaves after 2 years we can always find a better coach than Skiles..
eddog2
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 25 2006, 02:58 AM) *
"Oh Jesus God No."

Again, talk to me after 2007-2008.

Now that's what I like to hear. I've wanted Skiles to go since the day he got to the Bulls. I'm glad they made the playoffs and "over exceeded" but they could have won even more games if it weren't for Skiles' decision making abilities.
ChitownMan
I agree with you here. My wife who is a Michigan State grad is not very high on Skiles because apparently Skiles was pretty High as it was when he played. I do not remember what got him fired in Phoenix and was a bit surprised by Pax hiring him to coach Da Bulls. There definitely has to be someone out there, whether it be Brown or somone else, I just do not think that Skiles is in the right mold for coaching in today's NBA.
ZoomSlowik
That move wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Larry Brown would cost us a ton of money and probably only stay for 2 or 3 years. This is a young team that will stick around for a while (outside of Ben Wallace), Brown is the wrong kind of guy to bring in. Brown is notorious for his hatred of young players and rookies. Thomas and Sefolosha would probably never see the floor and probably regress, plus you'd likely see Chris Duhon, P.J. Brown, and Malik Allen in the game even more often.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Nov 28 2006, 07:57 AM) *
I agree with you here. My wife who is a Michigan State grad is not very high on Skiles because apparently Skiles was pretty High as it was when he played. I do not remember what got him fired in Phoenix and was a bit surprised by Pax hiring him to coach Da Bulls. There definitely has to be someone out there, whether it be Brown or somone else, I just do not think that Skiles is in the right mold for coaching in today's NBA.

The concern in Phoenix was, and this is something you'll start hearing in Chicago pretty soon if things don't turn around...that Skiles was an excellent coach to deal with a really young team, because he stressed fundamentals , defense, hard work, all the things that players should learn when they come into the league, but he wasn't the coach that the team needed to take it to the next level once people had been in the league for a while, because he didn't give teams the freedom/desire/ability/whatever to move beyond simply fundamental B-Ball.

Personally, I think that the Suns had a team that wasn't nearly as well suited to Skiles' style as the Bulls could/should be. Pax has built a team that should play to Skiles' strengths...guys like Hinrich, TT, BWall, Noc, guys who have a reputation as hard-nosed, hard-working, defensive type guys. He may still be missing one key part (a low-post scoring threat, obviously), but this team is built with Skiles in mind. So far, Skiles has done wonders, getting 2 teams into the playoffs and being competitive when talent-wise and experience-wise they've clearly been outmatched. Now he's just starting to get players to the point where they have several years of experience, players who should fit together, and players who should have enough talent to work in his system. I for one want to see where Skiles can take it, at least for the next 2 years. Especially if we can get some stability in our roster between this year and next, with only 1-2 guys added instead of half the team changing again.
DrunkBomber
Brown costs way too much money and hasnt been good lately anyway and has health issues.
madisonsmadhouse
No. Hell no. And I believe you would get your ass kicked for saying something like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.