Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls vs Knicks Game thread
TalkBulls Forums > Help Section > The Archives
Chicago Bulls Franchise
WTF? Malik ALlen subs for Wallace with 9:58 to go in the 1st quarter? F YOU SKILES mad.gif
WHarris1
Luol Deng is the man.

Skiles probably benched Wallace cuz he wore a headband. freaking arrogant stubborn little man.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
laugh.gif I like that though, maybe his passion is back because he hasnt worn it ALL YEAR! OMG Chris Duhon came back in. I cant stand him.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 25 2006, 07:00 PM) *
laugh.gif I like that though, maybe his passion is back because he hasnt worn it ALL YEAR! OMG Chris Duhon came back in. I cant stand him.

Ben doesn't wear the headband because Skiles doesn't allow them, which is stupid.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
OMG Ben just took off his headband, your probably right.. Thats bullshit :angry

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Nov 25 2006, 07:01 PM) *
Ben doesn't wear the headband because Skiles doesn't allow them, which is stupid.

OMG are you serious? If thats the case FIRE SCOTT SKILES
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 25 2006, 07:02 PM) *
OMG Ben just took off his headband, your probably right.. Thats bullshit :angry
OMG are you serious? If thats the case FIRE SCOTT SKILES

Sarcasm...right?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Lol Wallace didnt even start the 2nd half. I guess Malik ALlen is a god.. I HATE YOU SCOTT SKILES!
RememberThe90's
If Wallance continues to play like a woman, he belongs on the bench, bottom line.
WHarris1
Luol Deng is far and away the best player on this team.
RememberThe90's
Ben Wallace is playing like a straight up beach tonight. Just terrible.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Nov 25 2006, 08:45 PM) *
Ben Wallace is playing like a straight up beach tonight. Just terrible.

My god Balkman is insane, the bulls blow. There going to blow this lead too 98-93 with 1:46 left laugh.gif blink.gif
danman31
Hey! The Bulls won a game! 5-47 on the Circus trip since Jordan lol. 4-9 and they get home games now, hopefully this starts a rally.
nocionipipe
I made it out to the game tonight and wow are Knicks fans pissed at Isiah (rightfully so). Lots and lots of booing the home team. There were some pretty comical stretches of ineptitude.

My favorite site of the night was a t-shirt outside MSG: "Don't hate the game or the player, hate the coach" with a picture of Isiah. lolhitting.gif
WHarris1
NEW YORK -- Red is a bold color, which made Ben Wallace's decision all the more glaring.

Blatantly defying coach Scott Skiles' team rule prohibiting headbands, Wallace broke one out to match the Bulls' road uniforms Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

A much-needed 106-95 victory over the Knicks that snapped the Bulls' six-game losing streak now will serve only as a partial tonic to a much more flammable situation. Thirteen games into a four-year contract that will pay him $60 million, Wallace and Skiles appear to be at odds.

One night after Wallace played a season-low 19 minutes 38 seconds, Skiles removed Wallace just 2:02 after tipoff for breaking the team rule.

The Bulls had a team meeting for 25 minutes after the game.

"That's an inside team matter," Skiles said.

Is Skiles' worried Wallace's insubordination will become an issue?

"No," he said. "I don't know why. I'm just not."

Skiles wouldn't comment on why the rule is in effect. Wallace wouldn't comment on if he agreed with the rule.

"I don't care about nothing," Wallace said. "All I know is we got the win."

Asked if he understood why he was benched, Wallace mumbled.

"Coach makes the decisions," he said. "I just play."

After he was taken out, assistant Ron Adams went to talk to Wallace. Fellow assistant Pete Myers, Wallace's closest confidant, subsequently followed suit. Finally, assistant Jim Boylan, Skiles' right-hand man, visited him. And still the headband remained.

When Wallace finally removed it, during a dead-ball situation with 2:41 left in the first quarter, Skiles called for Wallace to re-enter. He did so with 1:45 left in the first quarter and played 14:36 in the first half, grabbing four rebounds.

But the trouble didn't end there. Wallace slipped the headband back on just before second-half play was set to start. Skiles immediately sent Malik Allen to the scorer's table before play started.

When Wallace again removed the headband during a timeout with 5:46 left in the third, he re-entered just 81 seconds later.

At this point, Boylan had taken over as coach after official Tim Donaghy ejected Skiles with two quick technical fouls 56 seconds into the third.

What a stupid rule, get over yourself Skiles.

Obviously an unprofessional thing to do by Wallace, but what is the point of Skiles banning something that is obviously a part of Big Ben?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I know for god sakes, Wallace is an adult and has been wearing his headband throughout his career. Skiles is a dumbass and I hope he is fired. He rubs players the wrong way ALL THE TIME. Plus its JUST a frickin HEADBAND!!!!! Whatever makes Big Ben comfortable he should do. Im hating scott skiles more every minute.

Hmm.. BTW I think I remember Tyrus Thomas wearing one?
dasox24
This is the problem with professional sports. You guys want to do whatever it takes to make our "superstar" happy. Well, that's bull. He's ONE player. We're a TEAM. He needs to conform to our style; not us to his.

Personally, I don't like the rule, and actually like Big Ben w/ the headband. But, if Skiles has a rule against it (and he is allowed to implement whatever rules he wants to), then we shouldn't argue/protest against the coach.
danman31
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 26 2006, 02:37 AM) *
This is the problem with professional sports. You guys want to do whatever it takes to make our "superstar" happy. Well, that's bull. He's ONE player. We're a TEAM. He needs to conform to our style; not us to his.

Personally, I don't like the rule, and actually like Big Ben w/ the headband. But, if Skiles has a rule against it (and he is allowed to implement whatever rules he wants to), then we shouldn't argue/protest against the coach.

The bottom line is that it's a dumb rule and we are no longer winning. What makes headbands a bad thing?
XiveL
its a simple thingy get skiles out he sucks tho.... his players are the ones making d bulls good not him.... skiles u suck big time man.... maybe ur bald head needs a headband dumbasX......
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well its obvious Wallace did this in reference to his 19 minutes of playing time against the Sixers two nights ago. It was his way of saying. "F U Skiles". I honestly feel this team is falling apart. If you saw the pregame you saw Ben Gordon mutter some cold words to Skiles about not starting. Heres the recap.

Wayne Laravee: "Everyone in the NBA wants to start there is no question about that but your numbers show that your better off the bench, what do you say?"

Isaih Thomas drops in and says, "I say, he doesnt play"

They all have laughs and giggles..

Gordon takes about 7 seconds to respond, seemingly annoyed and cold about the question.

Gordon: Uh, me? Well (mutters something) I played most of my minutes last season as a starter, so I think its something that can help me and this team out..
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 25 2006, 11:52 PM) *
I know for god sakes, Wallace is an adult and has been wearing his headband throughout his career. Skiles is a dumbass and I hope he is fired. He rubs players the wrong way ALL THE TIME. Plus its JUST a frickin HEADBAND!!!!! Whatever makes Big Ben comfortable he should do. Im hating scott skiles more every minute.

Hmm.. BTW I think I remember Tyrus Thomas wearing one?

1.) Skiles has implemented the no headbanf rule for 2 or 3 years now. It wasn't just because Ben Wallace came here.

2.) Where do you get that "He rubs players the wrong way ALL THE TIME" from?

3.) Tyrus Thomas was given permission from Scott Skiles to wear a headband when he broke his nose. The mask TT wore had straps that were too long so the headband covered the straps and kept his mask on tight.

4.) No, he should not bend the rules for Wallace. They're called the Chicago Bulls, not the Chicago Wallaces.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Skiles is more of a college coach the way he treats players. It can be good or bad but if your in his doghouse most likely you will never get out cough Sweetney cough... Also he is a very strict disciplinarian that doesnt let the players feel comfortable on the court. Some players can take it but others cant because there not tough mentally. Most NBA coaches dont have the "Skiles" mentality and im sure alot of players would hate to play for Scott Skiles escpecially the superstars because Skiles runs every player down to the ground all of the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.