Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiago Splitter
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
i was just reading on other people that are going to be in the draft and i came across him read on him and post what you think about him. he has good post moves that you can not stop? huh.gif

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=25
JPargo
I want the Bulls to draft this guy. After Lamarcus of course
SoxFan1
This guy has been highly touted for like 4 years now. This year's major international prospect is Andrea Bargnani. But I would definitely take a shot at Splitter. The guys name is flipping amazing.

Here is Bargnani's profile...
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/andreabargnani.asp
The Gladiator
no thanks, Ill pass... The Bulls do not need a "Foreigner". Number 1 is they could have all the potential in the world but many of them fail at the NBA level. They take WAY too long to develop and just arent worth the risk. If you would tell me he is the next Nowitzki then I would take him, but obviously you cant. The Bulls need someone NBA ready and theoretically someone that can step right in and give us some production. That man may be, Tyrus Thomas,Rodney Carney,Brandon Roy ETC...
JPargo
uhhh Toni Kokuc was a foreigner when the bulls got him and he turned out to be a great contributer to the Bulls.
beck72
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 09:09 AM)
no thanks, Ill pass... The Bulls do not need a "Foreigner". Number 1 is they could have all the potential in the world but many of them fail at the NBA level. They take WAY too long to develop and just arent worth the risk. If you would tell me he is the next Nowitzki then I would take him, but obviously you cant. The Bulls need someone NBA ready and theoretically someone that can step right in and give us some production. That man may be, Tyrus Thomas,Rodney Carney,Brandon Roy ETC...

Thomas showed last night why his coach thinks NBA scouts are crazy for going after him. He's far away from being ready to step in.

But if you read most of the draft scouting reports, Splitter is more NBA ready than most of the bigs coming out from college.
beck72
Whoever the bulls draft will have to play good defense and be a hard worker. Splitter seems to fit the Skiles + Paxson profile.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (beck72 @ Apr 2 2006, 11:15 AM)
Thomas showed last night why his coach thinks NBA scouts are crazy for going after him. He's far away from being ready to step in.

But if you read most of the draft scouting reports, Splitter is more NBA ready than most of the bigs coming out from college.

Obivously as stated, Paxson has already said he wants to go after a Big Gaurd that can play D and take pressure off of Kirk. Like I said that man may be Carney,Roy,Thomas although Thomas isnt a gaurd he is a defensive minded player and thats the type Pax and Skiles are looking for wich is the reason I think he will most likely be drafted by us. I cant really say ne thing about Splitter and the foreigners because I have never looked at them ever but I know from watching Europeans come out to the NBA in the draft, most of them do not succeed and if they do, its not till late in there career or midpoint.
madisonsmadhouse
We need a guy who can put up 15-20 points a night in the middle, and then play some honorable defense on the other end... If this guy can do it, I am all in favor of it. The Bulls have had excellent luck with guys like Noc and Kukoc, and no luck in Tarlac and Bagaric, so who knows if would work or not.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 11:54 AM)
Obivously as stated, Paxson has already said he wants to go after a Big Gaurd that can play D and take pressure off of Kirk. Like I said that man may be Carney,Roy,Thomas although Thomas isnt a gaurd he is a defensive minded player and thats the type Pax and Skiles are looking for wich is the reason I think he will most likely be drafted by us. I cant really say ne thing about Splitter and the foreigners because I have never looked at them ever but I know from watching Europeans come out to the NBA in the draft, most of them do not succeed and if they do, its not till late in there career or midpoint.

Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic, Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Yao Ming, Vlade Divac, Pau Gasol, Zyndrunas Ilgauskas, Arvydas Sabonis, Hedo Turkoglu, and Andrei Kirilenko all have somethign to say about that.

Granted, some of these were free-agents, but nonetheless, foreigners.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 2 2006, 01:21 PM)
Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic, Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Yao Ming, Vlade Divac, Pau Gasol, Zyndrunas Ilgauskas, Arvydas Sabonis, Hedo Turkoglu, and Andrei Kirilenko all have somethign to say about that.

did you really just spell all those names right off the top of your head????

if so, notworthy.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 2 2006, 01:43 PM)

if so, notworthy.gif

I am Serbian. It comes naturally. wink.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 2 2006, 01:43 PM)

if so, notworthy.gif

Not to mention, the US hasn't exactly owned the world stage here lately either... Just because they aren't American, doesn't mean they can't play.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 2 2006, 01:21 PM)

Yes but there a way more that havent succeeded. What Im really saying is, That I dont want to take a chance on someone that we havent seen play that much and he may not be ready to play at the NBA level. I would rather select a College Player.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 02:03 PM)
Yes but there a way more that havent succeeded. What Im really saying is, That I dont want to take a chance on someone that we havent seen play that much and he may not be ready to play at the NBA level. I would rather select a College Player.

There are way more college/high school players who have washed out of the NBA. Its all a matter of perseption... The guys with the funny names are more noticable, so when they turn out to be bums, it stands out more than when an American college kid does it. Say, how is Leon Smith anyway? bang.gif
SoxFan1
We are going to have to agree to disagree Gladiator. Europeans and Southern Americans are far more fundamentally sound than any players in the US. Players in the US are more focused on one aspect of their game, whether it is shooting 3 pointers or crossing people over. I know for a fact that in Europe, every single player has to have a great all around game or his ass will be on the bench. Americans tend to be more selfish while foreigners tend to be too hesitant (Noc does not apply in this case laugh.gif )
The Gladiator
I doubt they have better Crossovers, but I agree with the rest. It still doesnt really equate much to the NBA level because the NBA is all about Athletes. Just becuase you have good fundamentals doesnt mean you will be good. Every Single AllStar player this year is a "athlete" and the Europeans work hard on all there fundamentals but most do not make it in the NBA.
The Gladiator
Im not gonna disagree with your Knowledge about this because you obviously like you said are from Europe or around that area but Im just saying Id rather take a guy that I KNOW who can play rather than Someone I dont, But JP's job is to take a look at everyone and evaluate there talent, and Im sure hes takin a look at Splitter or Barganii so its his choice but if I had a Choice Id take Carney Or Thomas.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 02:03 PM)

and its starting to look like the pistons made a big mistake not giving Darko more minutes... snr.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 12:03 PM)

Actually I think most of the Euro guys that come over tend to do fairly well. They are far more skilled in the fundementals of the game and while they tend to be a little worse defensively the Euro leagues have been producing very good pro players.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 12:14 PM)
I doubt they have better Crossovers, but I agree with the rest. It still doesnt really equate much to the NBA level because the NBA is all about Athletes. Just becuase you have good fundamentals doesnt mean you will be good. Every Single AllStar player this year is a "athlete" and the Europeans work hard on all there fundamentals but most do not make it in the NBA.

Good fundementals means you will be solid, maybe not great but solid at the very least. The players coming out right now from the states, many are garbage and its the reason why the game play has dramatically decreased these past few years.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2 2006, 05:06 PM)
Good fundementals means you will be solid, maybe not great but solid at the very least. The players coming out right now from the states, many are garbage and its the reason why the game play has dramatically decreased these past few years.

ChiSox who is member number 1? Ive always wondered? laugh.gif biggrin.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 1 2006, 11:10 PM)
I want the Bulls to draft this guy. After Lamarcus of course

i am saying that if the lottery does not go our way and we get the forth or fifth pick.
nitetrain8601
Well I heard it's about 95% that Splitter doesn't come out once again.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:54 AM)
Well I heard it's about 95% that Splitter doesn't come out once again.

This is a major reason he's not being talked about. He's been expected to declare for some time, but his stock has fallen since he first was discovered. Splitter is averaging about 8 points and 4 rebounds in Europe, so he probably isn't going to solve any of our problems. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience, and he has virtually no scoring ability in the post by all accounts (except for draft express, which seems extremely optomisitic about everyone compared to other sites).

The other problem is more major though: he doesn't have any kind of buyout clause in his contract. He's signed for another 4 years there, so it could really cost him to play in the NBA. There's a pretty low limit on the amount of money his NBA team can pay the team in Europe, so for it to be finiancially beneficial for Splitter to play in the NBA right now he'd have to go in the top 5. That's not going to happen.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 03:15 PM)
ChiSox who is member number 1? Ive always wondered? laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Its the default account that was started and it may be kapkomet. But I'm the real #1 biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
Splitter would be a good pick with our 2nd draft pick. He should be available around 11-14, but who knows how things will play out. I think we need 2 to 3 low post players. If we draft Aldridge 1st and splitter 2nd that would be great. You can never have too many good big men in the nba.

I like the thought of having both of them in our frontcourt...plus if Splitter has some of noch's intensity and drive...it would be awesome to see them on the floor together!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.