Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skiles has a problem in dealing with players
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
First off, Kidd didn't retract an earlier quote in which he called Skiles a back-stabber" this season.

There was nothing to it," Kidd said. That's just the way I felt. He's the reason why I'm in New Jersey. You see, people link me to getting him fired. I wasn't there."

Asked about his current feelings toward Skiles, Kidd minced no words.

I really don't care about him," Kidd said. He always wanted to beat me. He always thought he was better than me. But that's just the way it goes with Skiles."

Why get up?" he said. [Life's] too short to get up. He has no impact on how I feel about the Bulls or anything else. It's just a matter of what he has done behind the scenes. You can ask his team. Ask Eddy Curry and all those guys how they feel about him."

Skiles implied Kidd's rancor was news to him. He said he thought his relationship with Kidd was great when he coached him for a couple of seasons.

I guess I found out a couple of years ago it wasn't so great," Skiles said.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...29/ai_n12573404

"I don't really have any clue as to what happened," Thomas said. "It's puzzling in general. I'm just so tired of answering the question. The only thing I can come up with is they do have a core of young guys there that they evidently like and they want to get better. That's the only answer I can give you. Other than that, there was no reason for me not to play there."

Shortly after coming over from the Knicks, Thomas suffered sprains to both ankles and missed most of training camp and the exhibition season. He was behind and never really worked his way back into the rotation.

"Me and [coach] Scott Skiles talked one time for about three minutes," Thomas said. "I asked him if he thought I was dogging it in practice, and he told me no. From that point, it was like, `Go figure.' I'm still trying to figure it out."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...29/ai_n16187621

For a man who admitted Wednesday that he battled depression last season, Tyson Chandler sounded optimistic that the trade sending him to the New Orleans/ Oklahoma City Hornets is a good one for him and the Bulls.

Apparently, part of that optimism is based on the fact that Chandler will be playing for Hornets coach Byron Scott instead of Bulls coach Scott Skiles.

"There never was an understanding there [by Skiles]," Chandler told WSCR-AM (670). "Never communication. ... It was like there were walls put up there I couldn't break through. That's just the way it was."

An attempt to reach Skiles was unsuccessful.

Asked later about how he had characterized Skiles, Chandler told the Sun-Times: "I wish our communication level could have been better. But I always point the finger at myself first. Scott's a great coach, as good as any when it comes to X's and O's.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...06/ai_n16532502

Bulls center Corie Blount wasn't happy when he first heard Scott Skiles would be his new coach, but Blount had a change of heart Friday as Skiles proved he's not as heartless as his reputation might suggest.

"He told the team he was sorry for his actions toward me in Phoenix," Blount said. "After he said that, there's nothing bad I can say."

Blount played for Skiles in Phoenix during the 1999-2000 season, helping the Suns get past San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs. Blount hurt his knee the next training camp and said he was tagged unfairly with the label of not wanting to work before he was traded to Golden State.

"It's a fresh start for him and for everybody," Blount said. "He said he was given that job to be a disciplinarian coming in because it was like a resort before he got there.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...29/ai_n12526360

Despite riding a two-game winning streak, Bulls players were not a happy group Tuesday as they flew to New Orleans for their game tonight against the Hornets.

Corie Blount, the most popular player on the team, was waived to make room for Paul Shirley, who will be signed to a 10-day contract today. The 6-10 Shirley, who was playing for the Kansas City Knights of the American Basketball Association, won't be available tonight.

I enjoyed playing for [Scott] Skiles," Blount said. But I'm disappointed they felt this was the right way to go."
Players were shocked at the move, and Blount's camp was disappointed in the timing. If it happened a day earlier, Blount could have been picked up by a team headed to the playoffs. Monday was the deadline for postseason rosters.

The timing is unfortunate," Skiles admitted. It's a crummy business sometimes."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...03/ai_n12536284

Anyone noticing a trend?
madisonsmadhouse
There is nothing new here. Skiles is an old school NBA coach who demands a lot from his players, and doesn't coddle these guys.
RoseAngelKH12
i don't think there is anything wrong with him being hard on his players....its what you have to do to motivate your players and take them to the top ... people need to learn to deal with it.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
But these guys are adults and frankly the "Extra motivation" is unessesary. Thats for College not in the NBA. I cant wait untill Skiles is gone from Chicago and it will be sometime...
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 30 2006, 08:23 PM) *
But these guys are adults and frankly the "Extra motivation" is unessesary. Thats for College not in the NBA. I cant wait untill Skiles is gone from Chicago and it will be sometime...

I don't mind the bumping heads with the blounts, Tim Thomas, and hell even the chandlers...

but to bump heads with a future hall o' famer and Ben Wallace.... that is completely unacceptable...

hopefully winning will bury the latest row with Wallace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.