Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike James!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Link

Boston Globe - Mike James is expected to decline his player option for 2006-2007 and become a free agent. James realizes that his reputation may make some teams reluctant to offer him a lucrative contract.

''I'm a pit bull because I'm misunderstood," said James. ''A pit bull is the sweetest, most loving dog in the world and full of energy. But if crossed, they've got lockjaw. When I lock on to something, I'm not letting go."

''I'm not looking for all 30 teams to love me," said James. ''I'm just looking for one team that's going to believe in me and treat me as if I can really help that team win a championship at the helm.

''If somebody else was putting up the stats that I was putting up, they would throw all the money in the world at them. So, just treat me the same way as you would treat anybody else who's a free agent. Money is not my motivator, but I also want to enjoy the fruits of my labor."

Money is obviously an issue but, do you think we go after him? I would. He would be a great addition in the summer if we choose to do so.
JPargo
Well if he wants more money than he is already getting with the Raptors then i dont think we can get him. According to hoopshype.com hes getting paid about 3.5mil. He says he wants more money than this. If he wants more than that then we will not be able to pick him up becuase of they guys we need to resign and our draft picks, and the big man/men we are going to sign. I think that if we are looking for a free agent SG then we need to look for a guy that we can get the minimum for.
The Gladiator
ya but if hes the minimum he wouldnt be very good?
JPargo
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 2 2006, 06:52 PM)
ya but if hes the minimum he wouldnt be very good?

Veteran
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 2 2006, 04:16 PM)
Well if he wants more money than he is already getting with the Raptors then i dont think we can get him. According to hoopshype.com hes getting paid about 3.5mil. He says he wants more money than this. If he wants more than that then we will not be able to pick him up becuase of they guys we need to resign and our draft picks, and the big man/men we are going to sign. I think that if we are looking for a free agent SG then we need to look for a guy that we can get the minimum for.

Don't worry about resigning draft picks like Hinrich...as far as I understand the system, teams are allowed to go over the cap if they are resigning a guy they already have and pay luxury tax on whatever they go over. The only thing signing this guy would do is cost us some of the Salary Cap space we have next year. We'll still be able to sign Hinrich when he comes up as a RFA in 07 and Deng and (if necessary) Gordon in 08, JR just has to open the pocket book, and if these guys deserve the contract, the team will be winning enough to justify the expense.
Chisoxfn
I don't see where Mike James is an upgrade. I'd prefer to stick with Duhon and Hinrich and trying to deal Gordon to find a legitimate shooting guard.

Plus James has a lot of attitude problems. He is a pretty good outside shooter though.
madisonsmadhouse
Meh. Attitude and scoring first personality, I don't think he would work out with Skiles and Pax.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.