Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wizards @ Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Help Section > The Archives
SoxFan1
Keep it rolling guys! bullssmilie1.jpg

And don't forget to get you Pick to Clicks in!
DrunkBomber
Keep the streak alive!
TeaLeafReaderII
Gonna miss this game... but when I wake up hungover tomorrow and check t he box score... I'm counting on seeing good things bullssmilie1.jpg

Remember to put in your picks to click
Balta1701-B
If the Bulls are right, this should be the type of game they should own. Playing against a temamm that doesn't play very good defense. The Bulls ought to be able to slow them down, and they shouldn't be able to slow the Bulls down. The Bulls now have some size to compete with Washington, unlike 2 years ago, and the Bulls guards can out-defend Washington's.

No excuses if they don't put on a good show tonight.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Go Bulls!
chilord
Game time, let's get 'em!!!
Balta1701-B
THUNDER!

Chapu starts things off well.

Excellent start through the first few minutes by pretty much the whole lineup.
chilord
Not a bad first quarter...

And glad to see the other guys in foul trouble for a change!

Let's get 'em!
Balta1701-B
17 point lead in the middle of the 2nd, and the game hasn't even been that close. Washington had a couple of contested threes that really shouldn't have gone in during the first.

Good ball movement by the Bulls, excellent pressure defense, not giving up open shots. Bulls moving the ball in and out really well, finding the open man & getting excellent looks at the basket.

Tyrus Thomas had a good 10 minutes.

Gordon 3/3 from 3 range, 15 points, Noc 4/5 from 3, with something like 20 points, TT with 4 points and 4 Rebs, BWall with like 7 points, Duhon with 7 assists or so in about 16 minutes. Good contributions all around. This is the way the Bulls ought to be playing.
hinrich fan
This 2nd quarter is just like McD's says...."I'm lovin it"....
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Tyrus is playing incredible in his 10 min... 4 points 4 rebounds.. I hope he gets another good 10 min and hopefully get like a double double.. 10 points 10 rebounds and a couple of blocks tongue.gif
Balta1701-B
Bulls finish the half up 18...down from 24...would have been higher but Hinrich was ice cold on a bunch of shots to finish the half. Eh.

Finish them off in the 3rd folks.
chilord
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 2 2006, 08:36 PM) *
Bulls finish the half up 18...down from 24...would have been higher but Hinrich was ice cold on a bunch of shots to finish the half. Eh.

Finish them off in the 3rd folks.

cheers.gif

Gotta love it when a plan comes together.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Tyrus Thomas is an animal!!!!
danman31
Nice to have a performance like this. Hopefully they finish strong as well, it looks like they will. 4 straight wins sounds very good. Hopefully they can keep this going and get back to .500 quickly.
Chisoxfn
This is by far the best the Bulls have played since opening night. Our transition game is looking amazing as is the defense. You got to love this!!!

Oh and I'm starting to think Noc may just be our best player.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow Tyrus Thomas just flew over everyone there.
chilord
Four in a row!!!!

Gotta keep this streak going!
Chisoxfn
Thomas had a hurt wrist for a second but I guess he's alright. Wow I'm really loving the development of Thomas. He's had back to back quality games and things really start to be slowing down for him (he's still a long long ways off, but he's starting to let the game come to him and thats the first step).
hinrich fan
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 2 2006, 09:44 PM) *
This is by far the best the Bulls have played since opening night. Our transition game is looking amazing as is the defense. You got to love this!!!

Oh and I'm starting to think Noc may just be our best player.

Noc is definately in the zone...could be the "go to guy" were looking for...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Dec 2 2006, 07:55 PM) *

Ya between him and Kirk we have two guys that show up ever night playing stellar defense (and Ben Wallace will be that now that he's starting to get a bit more comfortable).

I also love how Ben Wallace is playing a bit more aggressively on the offensive end because it frees up the rest of the court and gives the Bulls a better opportunity at spacing the court (something they excel at).
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Dec 2 2006, 09:55 PM) *

Only problem is we have a guy in Luol Deng who is also a small forward. Nocioni I dont think can start his whole career as a power forward. He isnt a franchise guy obviously and im sure the Bulls are looking for that franchise Power forward that would take them to the top. Im sure there hoping for a guy like Greg Oden to fall in their hands.

Nocioni when he is hot can carry this team.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 2 2006, 07:59 PM) *
Only problem is we have a guy in Luol Deng who is also a small forward. Nocioni I dont think can start his whole career as a power forward. He isnt a franchise guy obviously and im sure the Bulls are looking for that franchise Power forward that would take them to the top. Im sure there hoping for a guy like Greg Oden to fall in their hands.

Nocioni when he is hot can carry this team.

I still say screw it and play the other at the 2. I realize at time they won't have the footspeed to play the 2 but at the same time I think we are good enough defensively that it doesn't matter. That and I have no problem splitting up the minutes on the bench so that one of Noc/Deng is always on the court. We got enough minutes to go around if we ocassionally play Noc at the 4 and Deng at the 2.

I just love how Noc and Hinrich never miss layups and things like that. Noc is so efficient when he goes to the hoop and reverses and now he's been showing a bit of a giant killer as of late that will really complete his offensive arsenal. In terms of Deng I think his jump shot keeps getting better but as soon as he develops into a better passer (cause right now he's a pretty awful one) we'll see him really elevate into a great player.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I like that Idea Jas. Sooner or later were going to have to dump some of our talent like either Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, or Michael Sweetney because Thabo will start at some point in his career which makes it hard for Deng to play the 2 spot because thats the position Thabo plays his most minutes at. Ben Gordon wont be off the bench his whole career either and IMO I think the Bulls will search to trade him in the near future. Here is how I see the Bulls Lineup to look like in the future.

PG Hinrich
SG Thabo
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Oden biggrin.gif (Omg that would be soooo sweet!)

Also on a sidenote, did it look like Tyrus has put on some weight or is it just me? He looks a little bit thicker than in preseason. He is on the right track and has looked great the last two games. Hopefully Skiles sees that and plays him more than usual.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 2 2006, 08:07 PM) *
I like that Idea Jas. Sooner or later were going to have to dump some of our talent like either Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, or Michael Sweetney because Thabo will start at some point in his career which makes it hard for Deng to play the 2 spot because thats the position Thabo plays his most minutes at. Ben Gordon wont be off the bench his whole career either and IMO I think the Bulls will search to trade him in the near future. Here is how I see the Bulls Lineup to look like in the future.

PG Hinrich
SG Thabo
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Oden biggrin.gif (Omg that would be soooo sweet!)

Also on a sidenote, did it look like Tyrus has put on some weight or is it just me? He looks a little bit thicker than in preseason. He is on the right track and has looked great the last two games. Hopefully Skiles sees that and plays him more than usual.

Tyrus looks the same to me, but I could see maybe 5 or so more pounds of muscle. He seems to be pretty strong and I think he has the type of body type where he'll be able to be pretty strong but at the same time quick. I wonder about Sef being a starter cause I could see him being the type of guy that gets a lot of minutes at the 1 and 2 positions but doing it off the bench and very well.

Either way I don't anticipate Thabo or Tyrus being in our starting lineup anytime this year or next year (unless there are injuries). I think 2 years from now is the timetable of when we start to expect those type of roles and obviously Thomas has the ability to be a superstar but right now I like how Skiles is preaching him as a defensive force for spurts (because mentally it lets him relax offensively and stop trying to force things which actually makes him a better offensive player).
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yep I agree in about 2 years I can see Thomas being a starter unless he has a breakout year next season and starts by midseason or something but I like the way things are going now. Gordon has found his game again off the bench and Luol Deng continues to impress. If we play even remotely close to this game every game we will be hard to beat come playoff time even despite our lack of size and lowpost scoring.
hinrich fan
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 2 2006, 09:57 PM) *
Ya between him and Kirk we have two guys that show up ever night playing stellar defense (and Ben Wallace will be that now that he's starting to get a bit more comfortable).

I also love how Ben Wallace is playing a bit more aggressively on the offensive end because it frees up the rest of the court and gives the Bulls a better opportunity at spacing the court (something they excel at).

For sure those two bring it game in and game out...the circus is gone...and oh dare we say da Bulls are back...the next six weeks will be crucial for the Bulls...21 of next 30 are at the UC till end of Jan.; and then another gruesome 7 game trip starts...Let's start stringing 'em together!!!
SoxFan1
As long as I'm making gamethreds, we have nothing to worry about.
soxfan101
Deng is starting to become a reallly good player in my opinion. Also I still dont think this team is at the point where we can afford to lose Gordon. Nobody on the team can score at will like he does at times and he is also the only player that can knock down the open 3 almost all the time.

Also it wasnt out there for a long time but I really enjoyed the lineup of Kirk, Gordon, Deng, TT, and Wallace.
mmmmmbeeer
It seemed last night they made a conscious effort to score in the paint. They can get by without a big acquisition if the current cast can continue to be aggressive in the paint. I mean, there's no one that really possesses the ability to be a true post player, but driving to the hoop and making great passes underneath like we saw last night, will help to offset that post deficiency.
Balta1701-B
Last night was the best basketball the Bulls had played since the opener. Maybe better. Defense was sound, not incredbile, but it didn't need to be, and they were playing a team that could really shoot.

The offense though was just beautiful. All night, they were making the extra pass, extra pass, extra pass, and every time they threw it, it wound up creating an open shot. Since the Bulls don't have that 30 point guy to draw all the defense, making that extra pass turned out huge last night, because every time they threw it they wound up with an open shot.

Tyrus Thomas looked great last night. Not just athletically, but he was making some really smart plays, the type of thing you want to see a rookie learn. Getting himself in good position, making extra passes, not making stupid shots or fouls or too many turnovers. He's developing into an NBA Player faster than I thought.
madisonsmadhouse
Hopefully Skiles runs with Thomas for a while, because this game was the first one where Ty looked like he was ready for the NBA. Up until now he kept trying to play way too fast and out of control. Against Washington he looked a little more relaxed. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.