Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what have i missed with ben gordon?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
CubbiesFan07
im in minnesota going to school, so i never get any bulls games up here. so im wondering, why does everyone not want him to start and such now? i thought he was a great player with huge talent, and that everyone liked him, now allofasudden this season everyone doesnt want him to start?

update me here
ZoomSlowik
Alright, I guess I'll speak for the Gordon-hater group. tongue.gif

I don't really think anything has changed, several people on this board were griping about him before.

His shooting percentage has always been pretty low due to his reliance on the outside shot and somewhat iffy shot selection, he's mediocre at best defensively, and his ball-handling is pretty suspect. When he's on he's a very good scorer that makes up for his other deficiencies, but he's horribly inconsistent. He's got 6 games with over 20 points this year, but he also has 6 games where he has finished in single digits.

He's good for what he is, but unless he has a sudden growth spurt he's always going to be an undersized 2-guard reliant on the outside shot that is a liability defensively. Because of that, he's probably a better fit off the bench, kind of like Vinnie Johnson used to be.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 3 2006, 10:10 PM) *
Alright, I guess I'll speak for the Gordon-hater group. tongue.gif

I don't really think anything has changed, several people on this board were griping about him before.

His shooting percentage has always been pretty low due to his reliance on the outside shot and somewhat iffy shot selection, he's mediocre at best defensively, and his ball-handling is pretty suspect. When he's on he's a very good scorer that makes up for his other deficiencies, but he's horribly inconsistent. He's got 6 games with over 20 points this year, but he also has 6 games where he has finished in single digits.

He's good for what he is, but unless he has a sudden growth spurt he's always going to be an undersized 2-guard reliant on the outside shot that is a liability defensively. Because of that, he's probably a better fit off the bench, kind of like Vinnie Johnson used to be.

sad.gif

my sig still rolls
TeaLeafReaderII
Ben is getting better. If we let him work through the issues, he will explode for us. Or we will trade him and he will explode for someone else huh.gif

p.s. his shooting inconsistancy this year is due to the new ball... just wait 'til he gets used to it.... headbang.gif
madisonsmadhouse
I am a big Gordon fan, and I will be the first to say that I do not want Ben starting.

For whatever reason, he is still better coming off of the bench, its seems his offense really looks better then. Plus he creates big match up problems against the oppositions second string.
Balta1701-B
If we can keep the offense running the way we had it running Saturday, Gordon will have an excellent year.

Ben Gordon's biggest problem is that he simply seems to have no ability to create his own shot. When he tries to drive, move around, get open, or create shots for others, he winds up turning the ball over. But it seems that if people make the extra pass, draw defenders away from him, and get him an open shot, he is absolutely deadly.
sport1016
I think the most disappointing thing about Ben is that he has finally recognized that he has to go to the basket to be a consistent scorer, and it's still not working.

He'll fly in and put up a wild shot, not get a foul called, and it turns into something good for the other team.

I always thought ben could be AI like in being a little scrappy guy going to the hole, but he looks more out of control than anything else.

He is better with the second team bc his playing style dictates that he is either the complete focus of the offense or he is basically lost. Playing with the starters, if he doesn't get involved early he just floats through the game. This way, the starters run their offense through kirk deng and noc and ben is the absolute feature of the second unit.

With this arrangement (hopefully they can soon move thabo/griffin in for duhon for size in the starting backcourt) all four of our core should be averaging over 16ppg, as those three play really well together and gordon plays well when the team defers to him (like in 4th quarters of the past).
soxfan101
He always starts the season off slow.... im sure sooner or later he will regain the starting gig. I think this team is better with Duhon on the bench now anyways.
CubbiesFan07
as we traded smith he does something
as we traded tyson he does something
as we traded curry he does something

i hope same doesnt go for gordon :-/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.