Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How would you like this lineup next year?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
PG:Hinrich
SG:Deng
SF:Noch
PF:Al HArrington (FA from ATL)
C: Aldridge(1st rd pick)

Then we could have chandler, gordon and others come off the bench...plus we still have a 2nd 1st rounder...which we could grab another low post player or a tall athletic SG.
TeaLeafReaderII
i'm pretty happy with any line up that has aldridge in it huh.gif
nitetrain8601
I rather have:

C-Chandler
PF-Aldridge
SF-Deng
SG-Gordon
PG-Hinrich

Gordon stretches the floor for LaMarcus allowing him to do his thing and when Chandler's guy has to help double team LA, he gets easy putbacks and offensive rebounds(Chandler).
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3 2006, 05:57 AM)
I rather have:

C-Chandler
PF-Aldridge
SF-Deng
SG-Gordon
PG-Hinrich

Gordon stretches the floor for LaMarcus allowing him to do his thing and when Chandler's guy has to help double team LA, he gets easy putbacks and offensive rebounds(Chandler).

I don't think Gordon belongs in a starting rotation, at least not yet. One of the things keeping Hinrich from being as good as he should be is that instead of being able to guard smaller guys like most point guards, he's our best defender in the backcourt. That means he gets the Kobe Bryant duty, he gets the best shooting guard on the other team. He gets stuck with this because if you keep Gordon on Kobe Bryant or Vince Carter or D. Wade for a whole game, they may score 90.

Gordon still may figure out how to play defense, but given his dimutive stature, he's at a real disadvantage against these 6'5" and above guys at the SG slot. If he improves on defense somehow, he could be a good starting SG, but right now he's not there.

If the Bulls are able to draft Aldridge, our next goal becomes a SG who can play good defense. Gordon is the ideal 6th man IMO...comes in when the other teams top guys come out and has the ability to get hot and light up an opponent's second team. Can also give you the 3 off the bench or a quick boost when you need points. But unless he can slow people down and allow Hinrich to not have to guard the other team's best backcourt player, he weakens the starting rotation as a whole.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 2 2006, 08:08 PM)

Then we could have chandler, gordon and others come off the bench...plus we still have a 2nd 1st rounder...which we could grab another low post player or a tall athletic SG.

It wouldn't be a bad lineup, but If we plan on using Chandler off the bench or feel thats all he can do I'd prefer we deal Chandler for an expiring contract and maybe a draft pick.

We'd be paying too much money for someone like Chandler to come off the bench.

I'd prefer (if we are going ot make a big time signing)
Hinrich
Deng
Peja
Chandler
Aldridge

With us drafting another big with our other 1st round pick.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 3 2006, 10:37 AM)
I don't think Gordon belongs in a starting rotation, at least not yet. One of the things keeping Hinrich from being as good as he should be is that instead of being able to guard smaller guys like most point guards, he's our best defender in the backcourt. That means he gets the Kobe Bryant duty, he gets the best shooting guard on the other team. He gets stuck with this because if you keep Gordon on Kobe Bryant or Vince Carter or D. Wade for a whole game, they may score 90.

Gordon still may figure out how to play defense, but given his dimutive stature, he's at a real disadvantage against these 6'5" and above guys at the SG slot. If he improves on defense somehow, he could be a good starting SG, but right now he's not there.

If the Bulls are able to draft Aldridge, our next goal becomes a SG who can play good defense. Gordon is the ideal 6th man IMO...comes in when the other teams top guys come out and has the ability to get hot and light up an opponent's second team. Can also give you the 3 off the bench or a quick boost when you need points. But unless he can slow people down and allow Hinrich to not have to guard the other team's best backcourt player, he weakens the starting rotation as a whole.

Gordon opens up things for Aldridge downlow. Defensively, the Bulls backcourt isn't bad. It's probably middle of the road if I had to guess. Their offense would be better off if they had a low post threat so Hinrich and Gordon don't see as many double teams. To me the offense would outweigh the defensive liabilities by alot. Gordon's no Morrison on defense and even Skiles has said he's made improvements in that area, though he needs to continue developing there.

I'll stick with my starting lineup.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:57 AM)
I rather have:

C-Chandler
PF-Aldridge
SF-Deng
SG-Gordon
PG-Hinrich

i really like this lineup. i do think that gordon deserves starting spot, one of the better shooters on the bulls. sure maybe not on defense always, but yeah, good enough to start over noch
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 3 2006, 04:19 PM)
i really like this lineup. i do think that gordon deserves starting spot, one of the better shooters on the bulls. sure maybe not on defense always, but yeah, good enough to start over noch

The problem is we will once again get torched by any decent SG if we use Gordon as a starter. Gordon is our only clutch player on the team right now, but he's also our worse defender (aside from Pargo) and our worse handler with the ball.

He also has the worse shot selection on the team (aside from Pargo). Gordon really needs to be moved.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3 2006, 07:27 PM)
The problem is we will once again get torched by any decent SG if we use Gordon as a starter. Gordon is our only clutch player on the team right now, but he's also our worse defender (aside from Pargo) and our worse handler with the ball.

He also has the worse shot selection on the team (aside from Pargo). Gordon really needs to be moved.

Gordon is a tricky situation. He could be an all star. Could.

Because we have absolutely no low post threat he is forced to do too much. He has to create shots and many times makes bad choices. He has such great potential though. My concern is if we trade him, he might blossom in another situation...then we could have Elton Brand 2 on our hands. It is so painful watching chandler and knowing we had Brand, who should be MVP this year.

But, I do think we would be better off with Deng at SG and adding 2 to 3 low post players....

Gordon's true problem is his height. If he was 4 inches taller, he would be amazing bc he could defend SG's, but think of how much that would open for him offensively? Think we could stretch him out?
madisonsmadhouse
To be honest, I think John Paxon is going to make a big trade to bring in a 20 PPG scorer. Call it a hunch, but I think with the Bulls being as far under the cap as they are, they can pick up someone from a team trying to pick up some cash. Plus with the two first round picks, and the depth at the 1 and at the 3, they can make something happen.
sport1016
Bulls need to put gordon on the bench.

Don't trade him
Don't start him

I think he has proven this year exactly who he is. He's Jerry Stackhouse. He's Ricky Davis. He is the guy who you don't want to trade bc he will play passionately for a while and make you look stupid, but if you start him you will be disappointed by his ball domination yet inability to carry a team.

He can be a special clutch scorer in the 4th, but he couldn't do it this year bc he doesn't have the ability to continue to score all game. He needs to be playing the stackhouse/davis role. He should play slightly less than starter's minutes and does most of his damage in chunks as opposed to throughout the game.
WHY CAN'T HE CARRY THE TEAM CONSISTENTLY?
He does not get to the free throw line. This is the only important reason. Every great player has nights where the shots don't fall. But Kobe, Paul Pierce, whoever, take it to the hole and earn it from the line. How many times have you seen kobe is 8/25 with 30pts? A lot. Gordon? Never.

It's not just his size (see allen iverson) it's his game too. Not his fault, but it's true.

So put deng at the sg position. He has shown that he can create and drive and finish. He's also only 20! Who do you want guarding kobe and dwade and pierce? Deng or hinrich/gordon? That's easy. This will make hinrich better too, bc as a 6'3" pg he's tall for his position.

PG-Hinrich
SG-Deng
sf-noc-has proven he can put up numbers on both ends this year. He's earned this spot
pf-sweetney/DRAFT PICK/FREE AGENT/TRADE-how about garnett or bosh? More like how about al harrington or chris wilcox or aldridge?
c-Chandler. I know he is playing better off the bench, but with a low-post scorer on the floor he will be fine starting.

I know this lineup lacks a classic wing shooter, but its a shooting bench (gordon, pike, songalia, allen) and it is also what makes this lineup special. Noc has proven tihs year he can make the outside shot. Instead of wasting the 2 or 3 spot on a classic shooter, noc/deng/hinrich shoot well enough and all are so much more than one dimensional. This is a good lineup. POSSIBLY an elite lineup in a year or two.

Also, it should be noted that at the ends of games a "small lineup" with noc/deng at the forward spots with chandler hinrich and gordon isn't so small.

sorry for the length, but this is my first time on this website. Looking forward to be a regular contributor.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 3 2006, 05:35 PM)
Gordon is a tricky situation. He could be an all star. Could.

Because we have absolutely no low post threat he is forced to do too much. He has to create shots and many times makes bad choices. He has such great potential though. My concern is if we trade him, he might blossom in another situation...then we could have Elton Brand 2 on our hands. It is so painful watching chandler and knowing we had Brand, who should be MVP this year.

But, I do think we would be better off with Deng at SG and adding 2 to 3 low post players....

Gordon's true problem is his height. If he was 4 inches taller, he would be amazing bc he could defend SG's, but think of how much that would open for him offensively? Think we could stretch him out?

I have my own theory that no team with Ben Gordon is a starting SG will win an NBA championship. I say that because very good teams can't afford to have a player who will continuosly get torched on the defensive end.

I don't see him improving in that regards. He is strong enough and quick enough but he's just horrible when it comes down to it.

Gordon is a great 6th man on a championship caliber team though.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 3 2006, 06:48 PM)

Don't trade him
Don't start him

I think he has proven this year exactly who he is. He's Jerry Stackhouse. He's Ricky Davis. He is the guy who you don't want to trade bc he will play passionately for a while and make you look stupid, but if you start him you will be disappointed by his ball domination yet inability to carry a team.

He can be a special clutch scorer in the 4th, but he couldn't do it this year bc he doesn't have the ability to continue to score all game. He needs to be playing the stackhouse/davis role. He should play slightly less than starter's minutes and does most of his damage in chunks as opposed to throughout the game.
He does not get to the free throw line. This is the only important reason. Every great player has nights where the shots don't fall. But Kobe, Paul Pierce, whoever, take it to the hole and earn it from the line. How many times have you seen kobe is 8/25 with 30pts? A lot. Gordon? Never.

It's not just his size (see allen iverson) it's his game too. Not his fault, but it's true.

So put deng at the sg position. He has shown that he can create and drive and finish. He's also only 20! Who do you want guarding kobe and dwade and pierce? Deng or hinrich/gordon? That's easy. This will make hinrich better too, bc as a 6'3" pg he's tall for his position.

PG-Hinrich
SG-Deng
sf-noc-has proven he can put up numbers on both ends this year. He's earned this spot
pf-sweetney/DRAFT PICK/FREE AGENT/TRADE-how about garnett or bosh? More like how about al harrington or chris wilcox or aldridge?
c-Chandler. I know he is playing better off the bench, but with a low-post scorer on the floor he will be fine starting.

I know this lineup lacks a classic wing shooter, but its a shooting bench (gordon, pike, songalia, allen) and it is also what makes this lineup special. Noc has proven tihs year he can make the outside shot. Instead of wasting the 2 or 3 spot on a classic shooter, noc/deng/hinrich shoot well enough and all are so much more than one dimensional. This is a good lineup. POSSIBLY an elite lineup in a year or two.

Also, it should be noted that at the ends of games a "small lineup" with noc/deng at the forward spots with chandler hinrich and gordon isn't so small.

sorry for the length, but this is my first time on this website. Looking forward to be a regular contributor.

Actually a true star finds ways to get to the line on off nights. I'm really hoping for Paul Pierce. He's a star and would be a great addition. That said it may be unrealistic for us to get him, but I'd like to find a really good PG to go along with a really good PF.

Its not going to be easy to do though.
sport1016
a good pg?

hinrich is a top 10 pg in the league easily

deng is going to become a paul pierce like player next year if we play him without gordon a lot and run plays for him. He can get to the line without gordon dominating the ball and he can slash.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 3 2006, 10:33 PM)
a good pg?

hinrich is a top 10 pg in the league easily

deng is going to become a paul pierce like player next year if we play him without gordon a lot and run plays for him. He can get to the line without gordon dominating the ball and he can slash.

Excuse my typo. Mean to say a good SG. I am a huge Hinrich backer.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4 2006, 09:16 AM)
Excuse my typo. Mean to say a good SG. I am a huge Hinrich backer.

I was ready to tell you to check out your sig if you're looking for a top PG. tongue.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 3 2006, 08:48 PM)

Don't trade him
Don't start him

PG-Hinrich
SG-Deng

Great post, and welcome.

I was agreeing completely...until you put tyson at C. He clearly has showed this year that he cannot handle that position. If he can actually improve his game and play starter minutes (he hasn't been able to consistently at all in his career so far), then I'd rather see him start at PF, provided that he earns it.

But, more ideally, I would rather get Al Harrington at a fairly affordable price and hopefully develop Aldridge at the C.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 2 2006, 10:08 PM)

I dont really like harrington. Other than that Im content with it.

Heres my outlook:

Knicks obviously look like they will be the worst team in the league and therefore give us the first pick in the draft and another one depending on how we finish the year out. Lamarcus Aldridge is a solid center and Ive watched him and he would be a good fit for this bulls team who could use a center because Chandler is inconsistent and Sweetney just isnt a starter.

The second pick gives us options. Its too early to tell who is entering the draft or not so this pick is up in the air, I wouldnt mind trading it if we could get something good out of it. Personally I like Brandon Roy, he carried that Washington team, but the bulls have a lot of guards Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon, Pargo that Im satisfied with. Paul Davis has been a player I love and hope the bulls take a look at. Hes a solid producer for Michigan St. and a good big man that could play power forward or center.

The free agent pool this year sounds to be a pretty low key one. Someone on this site mentioned Antonio Davis as a player in FA I would love to have him back because hes proven that he can produce and hes a good leader.

My lineup would be as follows:

Hinrich (easy choice as starter good at movin ball around and leader)
Nocioni (really good defender and I think he would do well starting)
Deng (potential superstar)
Chandler (he has potential)
Aldridge (1st pick, I like what I see in him and he can solve our center problems)

Bench:
Gordon
Duhon
Paul Davis
Antonio Davis
Othella
Pike
Sweetney

Theres others on the bench but just dont come to mind.
JPargo
I would much rather pick up either gooden, Nene, or Nazr. Not saying that Al harrington is a bad player because we all know he isnt. But What we really Need is a Center. And Any of those guys would be a good fit for us. I just cant see Lamarcus a rookie Starting. I think a good line up would be:

PG-Kirk/Duhon/Pargo
SG-Ben/FA or Draft pick/ Basden
SF-Loul/Nocioni/Songalia
PF-Tyson/Malik/Sweets
C-FA/Lamarcus/Schensher.

This puts Tyson at the Power Forwars postion, which is the position that he is used to playing. This also gives us great Depth at every position.
I dont know what to do with Harrington though. huh.gif
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 4 2006, 08:14 PM)
I would much rather pick up either gooden, Nene, or Nazr. Not saying that Al harrington is a bad player because we all know he isnt. But What we really Need is a Center. And Any of those guys would be a good fit for us. I just cant see Lamarcus a rookie Starting. I think a good line up would be:

PG-Kirk/Duhon/Pargo
SG-Ben/FA or Draft pick/ Basden
SF-Loul/Nocioni/Songalia
PF-Tyson/Malik/Sweets
C-FA/Lamarcus/Schensher.

This puts Tyson at the Power Forwars postion, which is the position that he is used to playing. This also gives us great Depth at every position.
I dont know what to do with Harrington though. huh.gif

well i dont think its worth keeping luke schscher, i saw him once and wanted him cut, othella could take his spot
The Gladiator
Id rather have this lineup.

PG Hinrich
SG Carney
SF Deng
PF Al Harrington/Tyrus Thomas
C Chandler

We trade Gordon in order to move up in the draft and select Rodney Carney.
JPargo
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 4 2006, 08:49 PM)
well i dont think its worth keeping luke schscher, i saw him once and wanted him cut, othella could take his spot

lol. I know but i think Luke is a pretty Legit Center. cheers.gif
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 4 2006, 09:15 PM)

Maybe if he ever develops, but i personally doubt it lol
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 4 2006, 09:15 PM)

Maybe in the NBDL, laugh.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3 2006, 11:55 AM)
It wouldn't be a bad lineup, but If we plan on using Chandler off the bench or feel thats all he can do I'd prefer we deal Chandler for an expiring contract and maybe a draft pick.

We'd be paying too much money for someone like Chandler to come off the bench.

I'd prefer (if we are going ot make a big time signing)
Hinrich
Deng
Peja
Chandler
Aldridge

With us drafting another big with our other 1st round pick.

for sure i do not want peja to be on the bulls he will be just like tim thomas and not want to play because he does not practice hard at all.

also just to throw smothing out there give our first pick to the trailblazers for theres and give them another one or two of our guys like sweets or pargo? :huh:so that way we can get brandon Roy which would be a great starter he has good offense and D along with hinrich so duhon can rest his back and be fresh all year next year.
what are your opinions
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 4 2006, 08:50 PM)
Id rather have this lineup.

PG Hinrich
SG Carney
SF Deng
PF Al Harrington/Tyrus Thomas
C Chandler

We trade Gordon in order to move up in the draft and select Rodney Carney.

you are still hooked on him like i am with Roy lolhitting.gif
JPargo
it would only make sense if we drafted a center and Signed a center as a FA because it puts Tyson at the position he used to playing. We all saw last year that he plays the PF position better than he does the center position
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 5 2006, 03:19 PM)
for sure i do not want peja to be on the bulls he will be just like tim thomas and not want to play because he does not practice hard at all.

also just to throw smothing out there give our first pick to the trailblazers for theres and give them another one or two of our guys like sweets or pargo? :huh:so that way we can get brandon Roy which would be a great starter he has good offense and D along with hinrich so duhon can rest his back and be fresh all year next year.
what are your opinions

we have 2 first round picks...why would we give one of ours to the trail blazers along with players for theirs? Most likely, our pick will be higher bc we have the knicks pick and they should end up with the worst record...Also, we need at least 2 low post players before we add any more guards...Roy would be great, but this team will be in the same situation next year if we don't have a legitimate front court.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 5 2006, 12:35 AM)
Maybe if he ever develops, but i personally doubt it lol

No, The Reason Schencher is even on this team is because we lack SIZE. And with his size he actually plays solid Defense as stated by Skiles in an Article a while back. The reason Id rather have Schencher more than Othella is.

1. I think hes just flat out better

2. Because Othella is old and lacks ne size to do ne thing in the low post. (the only time he does ne thing is when he makes his 10 footers, if not he pretty much sucks.

3. I dont remember the last time Othella took a charge? Schencher is quick on getting over to help on defense.

Othella just doesnt fit the Bulls System and is really too short to play a specific spot. Hes not a SF at all and not a Center. Hes between a SF and PF and thats another reason we dont need him.
JPargo
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Apr 5 2006, 07:23 PM)
No, The Reason Schencher is even on this team is because we lack SIZE. And with his size he actually plays solid Defense as stated by Skiles in an Article a while back. The reason Id rather have Schencher more than Othella is.

1. I think hes just flat out better

2. Because Othella is old and lacks ne size to do ne thing in the low post. (the only time he does ne thing is when he makes his 10 footers, if not he pretty much sucks.

3. I dont remember the last time Othella took a charge? Schencher is quick on getting over to help on defense.

Othella just doesnt fit the Bulls System and is really too short to play a specific spot. Hes not a SF at all and not a Center. Hes between a SF and PF and thats another reason we dont need him.

HE KNOWS. hehe cheers.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:57 AM)
I rather have:

C-Chandler
PF-Aldridge
SF-Deng
SG-Gordon
PG-Hinrich

i think that we need another SG because gordon does better off the bench and also chandler does better off the bench
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.