Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sam Smith
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Once again he discusses the possibilities of all of those guys. I think its obvious we need a big but realistically unless Jermaine O'Neal or Garnett become available I don't see the Bulls making any major move. However if we could get Garnett with a package of Tyrus (or our draft pick), Brown, Sweetney, and Ben Gordon I'd make the move. However I don't think the Wolves make that deal unless they get Deng and at that point I think we are giving up too much.

Therefor, barring a shocker I think we will see how the team does this year and than make one move over the off-season to try and put the team over the hump (even though there is a small chance they could win it all this year, I don't expect us to be champs but I do think we could come close).
Jordan4life_2007
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4 2006, 05:29 PM) *
Once again he discusses the possibilities of all of those guys. I think its obvious we need a big but realistically unless Jermaine O'Neal or Garnett become available I don't see the Bulls making any major move. However if we could get Garnett with a package of Tyrus (or our draft pick), Brown, Sweetney, and Ben Gordon I'd make the move. However I don't think the Wolves make that deal unless they get Deng and at that point I think we are giving up too much.

Therefor, barring a shocker I think we will see how the team does this year and than make one move over the off-season to try and put the team over the hump (even though there is a small chance they could win it all this year, I don't expect us to be champs but I do think we could come close).

Hinrich and Deng are, IMO, the only untouchables on this team. And I wouldn't give up Tyrus AND the pick. One or the other, but not both.
sport1016
It may be premature, but I don't think we should make any trades right now. I did before the win streak, to be honest, but the play of deng and Noc in the frontcourt as well as of tyrus and thabo makes me realize that we might not want to give up several of these pieces for a star that is due for some serious decline.

I would trade gordon and wallace for garnett or paul pierce, don't get me wrong, but almost any team we deal with will want multiple players, and not doubt deng, noc, tyrus, or thabo would be one of them.

IMO, these four players, along with kirk obviously are completely untouchable. This win streak has shown us a glimpse of the future.

Deng and Noc are a good 1-2 punch, as long as you have a deep team (Bulls could be deepest in the league) to support them a little more than more star studded teams. But with the supporting offense of krich, gordon, and even some scoring from malik, sweets, duhon, and the rooks, we are all of a sudden a high flying athletic team that can drive and kick and slash our way to open shots and easy layups and fouls.

Giving up this depth in exchange for a 30 something star would negate the chance to be a truly special team. We'd be more focused on the now, and if we didn't win a championship in the next two years we, like so many other teams that were playoff bound for years and declined before winning a title, would have to start over again in maybe 3 years. Or we can be an incedibly deep team with emerging stars. As Deng emerges as a go-to scorer and Noc continues to impress, with the rookies raw but seemingly limitless talent you can't break up a team. We don't know what we have.

With Gordon, we know what we have. A guy who's best as a 6th man bc he's too short. Wallace is a past his prime role player who looked like a star bc he played with other stars. Think Eddie Jones on the Lakers. If Anyone wants those guys for a star, yeah, it'd be nice to win a title this year. But if not those two, we're betting off not quite making it this year for maybe a few titles down the road.
soxfan101
The guy that is supposedly available that I want is Pau Gasol. With him on our team I think we got what we need.
sport1016
Pau is taller and his numbers are a bit better, but the way Noc is playing this year he could put up similar stats.

Obviously Pau is better than Noc, no question, but is he SO much better that he is worth what we'd have to give up for him.

Also, after this win streak I seriously feel like Noc, deng, and tyrus could be a spectacular and versatile 3 man rotation at the forward spots in maybe a year's time. I wouldn't want to jeapardize that.

This time next year I could see Deng and Noc starting, with tyrus off the bench.

Deng-35mpg 21ppg 10rpg
Noc-32 mpg 17ppg 8rpg
Tyrus-26 mpg 13ppg 9rpg

That is perfectly reasonable for next season, so why make the change?
madisonsmadhouse
If Sam Smith is talking trade, you can forget about it ever happening. The guy is an excellent writer, all except for those silly trade proposals.
CubbiesFan07
dont trade tyrus... for gods sake dont...

i see a superstar in him in the next 5 years with his size and build. could be dominant
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:36 AM) *
dont trade tyrus... for gods sake dont...

i see a superstar in him in the next 5 years with his size and build. could be dominant

Tyrus isn't going anywhere, book it.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:45 AM) *
Tyrus isn't going anywhere, book it.

pray.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Dec 5 2006, 12:56 AM) *
The guy that is supposedly available that I want is Pau Gasol. With him on our team I think we got what we need.

I'd love to get Gasol but at the same time I have no problem with this team gelling and doing what it can and than finding the low post answer in the off-season. Realistically I think it makes sense because right now we could luck into the title but I still expect us to get to the conference finals if all goes well and at the very least win a playoff series.

This team is getting better and fast. We had tons of new players and it seems like guys are starting to get comfortable and understand the styles of each individual player and how best to compliment it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.