Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 in a row!!!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
truthandbasketball
I'm finally feeling really happy about our season once again.... after watching the game tonight and seeing how the offense was clicking early it's evident that our guys have found the passing rhythm that will carve up our opponent's defense as long as we can keep our shots falling.

We still need to work on some things defensively like solidifying the paint more and helper rotation on the weak side but that will come with time as our vets get used to one another and our young players like Thabo and Tyrus get used to NBA rules and refs. I like Sweet's emergence from our bench, I think that he can definitely contribute with his soft touch and nice spin moves in the post.
I was concerned about Wallace not wanting it enough a few games back but I think (and pray) that it's just a matter of growing pains as he adjusts to his new Bulls teamates rather than a genuine "I'm paid so who cares" attitude.

Tonight in the first half we showed some nice hustle and that same fighting spirit that got us into the playoffs the last two years. As we left out for that Circus trip and went into our mini-slump I've been mindful of the 0-9 start a couple years back. I keep hearing Ben Gordon's quote that the fans kept showing up and cheering them on during this 0-9 period and how he loved them for that. I've got to say that true Bulls fans are the best in the NBA and there's no better feeling than when our guys are smoking teams by 20 after a rough start!
Noc keeps a picture of himself playing for Argentina last summer and missing the game winning shot (against Spain, I believe) in order to inspire him to do better.
I feel that we as a team can do the same thing with the circus trip disaster and the 'headband incident', using these bad feelings to fuel our competitive fire. You have to take the good from the bad in order to move on with success. If we continue to play like we have been in the last couple of games then the sky's truly the limit because fortunately much of the Eastern Conference got off to pretty bad starts also this year.
Go Bulls!!!!!!! bullssmilie1.jpg
truthandbasketball
I just heard on the news that Big Ben passed his championship ring around the Bulls locker room last night after the game in order to show the guys the prize thats waiting for them if they keep it up.... sounds like we have that inspiration I was talking about in my earlier post
madisonsmadhouse
Last night was one of the best all around games the Bulls have played all year long. They really defended well in all facets of the game. It was nice to see the help defense really pick it up a notch, and the guards really did a solid job, especially with Deng totally shutting down Paul Pierce when the game was actually close.
CubbiesFan07
someone get me league pass sad.gif

here in minnesota they dont broadcast any bulls games and im left in the dust!!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 5 2006, 08:37 AM) *

Sometimes I really thank God for Superstation WGN.

Anyway...come on kiddies, one more and we're back to .500.
CubbiesFan07
we got it. i see ben wallace putting up 20 / 20 against AI tomorrow

and tyrus thomas getting a double double!

AI will score 30+points nonetheless though
truthandbasketball
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:37 AM) *

Been there, done that.... growing up in Ireland they didn't broadcast anything NBA
The day after Christmas we play the Wolves in Minnesota so you should get that one at least. Thats crazy, on cue I just saw a commercial for the Bulls-Sixers game right now.... its on ESPN bullssmilie1.jpg
CubbiesFan07
lol you quoted yourself huh.gif
truthandbasketball
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:46 AM) *
lol you quoted yourself huh.gif

lol It was an accident...fixed it lol
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5 2006, 06:11 AM) *
Last night was one of the best all around games the Bulls have played all year long. They really defended well in all facets of the game. It was nice to see the help defense really pick it up a notch, and the guards really did a solid job, especially with Deng totally shutting down Paul Pierce when the game was actually close.

The Celtics announcers were gushing about Deng. They said how he's longer and quicker than Pierce and that Paul had absolutely no chance when Deng was defending him. Thats quite a compliment considering Pierce is one of the upper echelon offensive players. However, Pierce also has absolutely no help on that awful Boston squad.

The Bulls are playing fantastic though. They are being agressive down low and really passing the ball well. Deng's passing has been exponentially better as of late while Nocioni has been a complete monster (driving, shooting, passing and drawing fouls). Than you have Kirk whose being Kirk and Duhon even seems to be a bit more agressive as of late.

I also love how Ben Wallace has had some nice finishes as of late and looks to be playing pretty damn good defense and Sweetney has been a total beast on the boards who is also looking pretty darn good when he's out there defensively (obviously he's limited in many areas, but he's getting his hands up for every shot and you'd be shocked at what a difference something little like that makes...its just about contesting every shot).

Another great win for the Bulls and they really seem to be on a roll right now. cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.